The Aussie thread....

A forum for informal conversation and friendly repartee. Please join us at the fire, introduce yourself and receive a hearty welcome! :grin:
Forum rules
Welcome to The Hearthfire! This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Host: Heddwen
Note: this forum is set to auto prune after a thread has not had a post or been viewed for 60 days.
Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Re: The Aussie thread....

Postby Michael C. Page » 04 Sep 2012, 18:35

Tatiana,Serenity and Ravenari,

Wow! Three new Aussies in one day! |-)

Bright Blessings to you folks Down-Under! :D

MCP

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

Serenity
OBOD Ovate

Postby Serenity » 07 Sep 2012, 03:28

Thanks Michael. :D

Roisin
OBOD Ovate

Postby Roisin » 09 Sep 2012, 11:24

And I've only just realised that I don't think I ever actually posted in this thread, despite reading it for a while.

I've been working on the Bardic Grade for *mumble*, lets just say a while. I had great intentions of getting it finished within a year or two, then moving on to the Ovate Grade, but life had other ideas - I lost a few years of productivity in general to a battle with postnatal depression after the birth of my son. It's only been in the last six months or so that I've managed to get some structure and productivity happening again, and I think I'm ready to tackle the Bardic work again. I'm feeling a pull to going back and starting from the beginning of the Grade again, so that's my plan of attack right now.

I'm in Perth as well, a writer by trade (though my formal education is in genetics - chronic illness took away that career) with a gorgeous little toddler son who is growing too fast.

formerly known as Azhure.

ecstaticearth
OBOD Bard

Postby ecstaticearth » 17 Sep 2012, 05:54

Greetings, hi to all the new list members, nice to see more Perthites posting.

Still enjoy your artwork Ravenari...

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Postby Michael C. Page » 21 Sep 2012, 15:20

Blessed Alban Eilir to All Down Under!!!

:clover: :egg: :clover: :egg: :clover: :egg:

- Thoreau

Bronzewing
OBOD Ovate

Postby Bronzewing » 22 Sep 2012, 05:27

Thank you, and a Blessed Alban Elued to you and yours, Michael!

Hello to the new Aussie posters! :hiya: Especially nice to see some new Perthites here. I don't drop in as often as I should but promise to do better. Ellen Brook hey Ravenari? I must be getting old! We used to ride our horses all though the pine plantation there, and summer them in huge paddocks where it's now the suburb of Ballajura!

We're not too far from you. Up in the hills these days. Got too busy for us down there!

Springy Spring blessings to you all!

Bronzie
"Remember to love yourself. Remember to love each other. Remember to love this earth, these rivers, these trees, these stars."
~ T. Thorn Coyle

Fox of the Oaks
OBOD Druid

Postby Fox of the Oaks » 04 Oct 2012, 23:46

Hi all,

I've been appointed new editor of SerpentStar. SerpentStar is a newsletter for members of the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids in the Southern Hemisphere.

Take a look: http://serpentstar.wordpress.com/
It's available as a free pdf download, or in paper format for a small subscription fee. See the website for details. Find us on Facebook also, https://www.facebook.com/SerpentStarOBOD

It's a community publication, so I encourage everyone to get involved and send in something to add to it.
The next edition of SerpentStar is Beltane (October 31), and we need submissions.
The deadline is 21st October so get that creative Awen flowing; stories, art, photos, articles, poetry, recipes, news and events, useful and practical stuff, travel experiences or anything else druidically inspired. Send them my way, or via the website, or via facebook.
If you can't make it by this quaterly deadline, future issues are there to fill up fast.

Also, if your an OBOD member in the Southern Hemisphere not in Australia, I'd especially love to hear from you.

Peace and blessings on your journey,
Fox of the Oaks.

Bronzewing
OBOD Ovate

Postby Bronzewing » 28 Oct 2012, 10:47

Congrats on your appointment, Fox of the Oaks!

Hugs,

Bronzie
"Remember to love yourself. Remember to love each other. Remember to love this earth, these rivers, these trees, these stars."
~ T. Thorn Coyle

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Postby Michael C. Page » 28 Oct 2012, 16:00

Blessed Beltane to All you OBOD Boardies Down Under!!! |-)

- Thoreau

Ra3vyn
OBOD Bard

Postby Ra3vyn » 30 Oct 2012, 18:23

Hello all! :hiya:

Wow I had about 10 pages of posts to catch up on, so sorry I've been absent for so long! :oops:

Hope you all have a Blessed Beltane, I'm hoping to post more again tomorrow when I have more time..

Bronzie, hope you and Hubby are well, I still have to get to Perth sometime, seems there's been a few Perthites appear! :hiya: Fellow West Aussies!

Love, Light and Blessings to all,

Rae :D :hug:

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Postby Michael C. Page » 30 Oct 2012, 18:47

Hello all! :hiya:

Wow I had about 10 pages of posts to catch up on, so sorry I've been absent for so long! :oops:

Hope you all have a Blessed Beltane, I'm hoping to post more again tomorrow when I have more time..

Bronzie, hope you and Hubby are well, I still have to get to Perth sometime, seems there's been a few Perthites appear! :hiya: Fellow West Aussies!

Love, Light and Blessings to all,

Rae :D :hug:
Welcome Back to the Board Rae! :shake: It's good to see you about again. :)

- Thoreau

reilz81
OBOD Bard

Postby reilz81 » 31 Oct 2012, 11:45

hope everyone's Beltane went well, i was blessed with a gift on Beltane morning which was a blue eggshell left where i do my rituals, it really inspired me for the rest of the day.

I spent time with the kids doing creative stuff, was a lot of fun and my ritual that night was just tingling first time Ive felt that in a solitary ritual.

Serenity
OBOD Ovate

Postby Serenity » 31 Oct 2012, 11:53

Hi fellow Aussies
My workplace celebrated Halloween today. I have only just started there and am feeling my way into the place so didn't talk about Beltane and the southern hemisphere wheel of the year. I would be interested to hear how other Aussies might have talked to work colleagues about the disconnect between these transposed northern hemisphere festivals and the actual season of the year over here. Bright Beltane Blessings to you!

reilz81
OBOD Bard

Postby reilz81 » 01 Nov 2012, 01:21

I'm not currently employed, but my kids came home from school with all this Halloween stuff and i had to tell them that not everyone understands where Halloween comes from, but for us its at another time for England and America it is now.

Ra3vyn
OBOD Bard

Postby Ra3vyn » 01 Nov 2012, 20:25

Hey Mike!

Thank You so much! It's good to be back :D :hug:

Reilz, how lovely you found that gift of a blue eggshell, what a treasure :)

Blessings, love and light
Rae <3 :hug:

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Postby Michael C. Page » 02 Nov 2012, 13:40

Hey Mike!

You're welcome Rae :D
It also great to see the Aussie thread more active - I was getting worried about you folks. :-) Of course...when I was in Oz on holiday (many many years ago) I don't think I even watched TV much less got on a computer. :-)

- Thoreau

Ra3vyn
OBOD Bard

Postby Ra3vyn » 02 Nov 2012, 17:54

Hey Mike!

You're welcome Rae :D
It also great to see the Aussie thread more active - I was getting worried about you folks. :-) Of course...when I was in Oz on holiday (many many years ago) I don't think I even watched TV much less got on a computer. :-)
I've noticed we all tend to go quiet at times, life in general keeps us busy and we don't get a chance to catch up til we can stop for a break from everything, no matter how short a break it is :D

Blessings, Love and Light

Serenity
OBOD Ovate

Postby Serenity » 03 Nov 2012, 01:52

Ra3vyn
I loved your "Gift of a Feather" pic. So ethereal and beautiful.

I will probably go quiet again once I start the Ovate course. Waiting for my first pack to arrive, hope it gets here soon! The Bardic course became almost like a retreat for me in the early stages - very contemplative and intensely private work at times. I suspect I will find the next bit the same - at least in the beginning. But I will try to pop into here from time to time.
S

Ra3vyn
OBOD Bard

Postby Ra3vyn » 03 Nov 2012, 08:30

Thank You very much Serenity! Still adjusting to using a graphics tablet, that was my third ever pic done on it :)

Congrats on beginning the Ovate grade, I find the Bardic grade is very internal and going quiet is sometimes the best way to concentrate :)

Blessings Light and Love

Bronzewing
OBOD Ovate

Postby Bronzewing » 20 Nov 2012, 03:01

Hey guys, am glad to see you all. :)

I've been super busy trying to keep down the grass here. Feels like I've been whippersnipping for months, because I have! I never realised just how much grazing my horses did till I'd been without one for a winter and spring and suddenly we were knee deep. :) We've got our summer vegie garden in and flourishing too. I have to do everything in 20 minute bursts with rests afterwards, but it still heppens, just not overnight. :grin:

We're slowly but surely getting on top of our lyme disease, so that's our best news. Still got a long way to go but at least we're heading the right way now we know what it is. I've stalled on the Ovate study for now. I think researching and treating the lyme and complications of long term lyme has been higher priority and is filling my brain up to overflowing, but it has been worth it. We've used lots of herbals for our support and for killing the bugs, so we're doing a very practical and personal course in the efficacy of herbs at any rate!

Reliz what a lovely thing to be gifted with the blue egg! I love to receive feathers and other gifts and messages in that way. Spring is going on apace here. This morning I saw a Bronzewing, the bird I am named for here, his wings still iridescent with his courting finery, wending his way up into the top of a tree with some material for nesting, and right now I can hear our latest baby magpie who came out of his nest very early and is hopping and fluttering about our place, still half covered in baby fuzz, with his busy and worried parents at his every insistent beck and call.

Hugs,

Bronzie
~ T. Thorn Coyle

Return to “The Hearthfire”