The Healing Power of our Own Selves...

A forum for informal conversation and friendly repartee. Please join us at the fire, introduce yourself and receive a hearty welcome! :grin:
Forum rules
Welcome to The Hearthfire! This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Host: Heddwen
Note: this forum is set to auto prune after a thread has not had a post or been viewed for 60 days.
Straiph
OBOD Bard

The Healing Power of our Own Selves...

Postby Straiph » 26 Oct 2017, 18:01

Greetings everyone.

I am a new member of the Bardic community, I'm excitedly awaiting my initiation ceremony, which I've decided to perform on Samhuinn, which of course is fast approaching!

In the interim, I've been just BURSTING with inspiration that has sparked pretty much in tandem with receiving the introductory material for the order, and my making the conscious (subconscious all along?) choice to "come home" so to speak, and pursue this avenue of being.

In the meantime, however, I figured I could contribute here and there little pearls that I happen to find, and it just so happens I found a good one the other day!

I am an avid researcher of all things nutrition, and I think it's an oft overlooked aspect of what is woefully impacting us as a collective species in our current present day. My gleaned knowledge has been pointing me in the direction of fasting for nearly half a year now, and I've adopted my own version of what's known as "cyclical fasting."

In an effort to combat societal norms that are often thrown at me when I let people know of my undertakings ("You'll get sick!", "You're crazy!", "You'll die!" etc.), I also venture to find the latest articles and research contributing to the things my intuition continuously points me towards.

So, without further ado, here is an EXCELLENT article detailing the health benefits of a very age old practice:

http://nutritionstudies.org/fasting-back-future/

Enjoy!

Blessings of Lugh, and Goddess Danu!

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: The Healing Power of our Own Selves...

Postby Heddwen » 27 Oct 2017, 14:07

All good wishes, Straiph. :)

Straiph
OBOD Bard

Re: The Healing Power of our Own Selves...

Postby Straiph » 27 Oct 2017, 17:49

Indeed!

Also, one additional comment I wanted to make:

The reason I feel that the modern practice of fasting has been so avoided and demonized by the current "Health/Diet/Nutrition Industrial Complex" is for one very simple, and very obvious reason: It doesn't take ANY money to do it.

Hah! Even pondering on it some more as I write this, I'd imagine that even the entire "Food Industry" itself would be woeful to recommend that humans--on the whole--should be eating far less than they do; for our own individual health, and the planet's health as well. :D

Blessings!

Blessings of Lugh, and Goddess Danu!

Return to “The Hearthfire”