Welcome new Host DaRC!

This is a forum for serious discussions and debate on Celtic linguistics and other scholarly topics regardic Celtic history and culture. Questions are welcome and those forum members who are knowledgeable in this field will do their best to provide questioners with accurate, verifiable answers or help them locate the answers for themselves. Opinions are welcome also, but it must be made clear that any unreferenced statements are the poster's own opinion and not necessarily historical fact. Be ready to cite sources for any assertions you may make.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Selene
OBOD Druid

Welcome new Host DaRC!

Postby Selene » 19 Mar 2010, 04:52

Hi, everyone,

Since Eithireach retired a couple of weeks ago we've been without a host here in Circle of Stones, but DarC has graciously agreed to join the team and help out. For those who don't know, DaRC has been a member since the board was 4 days old and is a regular poster in these parts, so he was a natural for the job! Please welcome him to his new duties here in Celtic Studies and Mythology and Lore! :applause:

Blessings,
Selene
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Re: Welcome new Host DaRC!

Postby Dryadia2 » 19 Mar 2010, 13:57

Greetings and Welcome DaRC! :hug:

Peace and Blessings,
:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 19 Mar 2010, 14:34

Hi all,
firstly thanks to Eilthireach for his great job as host here before he had to move onto greater things.
I was happy to be asked to come here as Host - it's where I lurk anyway so I'm now an official lurker :grin:
I've been with OBOD for 10 years now and am almost at the end of my Ovate journey through the OBOD Gwers. Like Eilthireach I follow a Germanic Druid path; which Eilthireach assures me doesn't exclude me from hosting the Celtic forums!

I live in sunny Sussex-by-the-sea not far from the home of OBOD, my Dad's family come Wessex and my Mum's (before the move to Cornwall) from Yorkshire. But the further we examine the family tree it can be seen we're european mongrels with a bit of scottish, a dash of spanish and a few doses of german. My grandparents lived in West Cornwall, in Penzance, so I spent much time as a youngster down there - I was weaned on the myths and folklore of that area. This is where my love of folklore really started.

I'm just about to start learning Cornish, the unified version, I've been dabbling with learning bits until now but being a host here has given me impetus to become more focussed. My grandfather helped with the re-creation of Cornish during the 40's and 50's so it seems the best Celtic language for me to learn as I have a family connection.

Other than that welcome one and all to The Circle of Stones, I'll do my best to be as good a host as Eilthireach :hug:
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

Ade Sundog
OBOD Ovate

Postby Ade Sundog » 19 Mar 2010, 16:35

Awl the best to you Darc :shake:
:sun:

Og - Ha - Be

Make Tea Not War :greenpeace:

Illiam

Postby Illiam » 18 Jun 2010, 19:57

Hi
Im currently doing the Ovate Grade. I live in the Isle of Man and have been learning Manx Gaelic (Gaelg) for nearly two years now.
I notice there is no current reference to Gaelg in the Celtic language forum and was wondering if maybe I could rectify this, albeit in my role as an early learner of the language.
The language is undergoing a renaissance on the Island with many new adult learners and interest from academics off the Island. Although you could say that it is not widely spoken, it is taught in schools to interested pupils.
It is my connection with the land and Druidry that inspired me to learn the language of this Ellan Vannin. :)

Sheeain...Illiam (Billy Dickinson)

Return to “Celtic Studies”