Science is finally catching up with poetry

This is a forum for serious discussions and debate on Celtic linguistics and other scholarly topics regardic Celtic history and culture. Questions are welcome and those forum members who are knowledgeable in this field will do their best to provide questioners with accurate, verifiable answers or help them locate the answers for themselves. Opinions are welcome also, but it must be made clear that any unreferenced statements are the poster's own opinion and not necessarily historical fact. Be ready to cite sources for any assertions you may make.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Science is finally catching up with poetry

Postby Michael C. Page » 04 Jan 2016, 13:22

Well, after about 150 years or so of denying, mocking and scoffing, Science finally catches up with poetry and story: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35179269

Kind makes you wonder why we need them in the first place. :whistle:

But the good news is when we read such lines in our poetry and lore such as:

"...from spain..."

or

"...the remnant of Troia..."

and many many others, we can smile whimsically that the great and infallible scientific institution is beginning to come round. ....of course there is not much money in this so they will probably..... oh never mind. :roll: :duck: :-)

Cheers anyway :gulp:

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

Maienfalke
OBOD Ovate

Re: Science is finally catching up with poetry

Postby Maienfalke » 27 Feb 2016, 16:49

Cool! And there are other ways too, where you can find science finally catching up with poetry. For example my master. I wrote about Excalibur in it's tradition from the first written sources we have up to the Excalibur today, we all know from movies, musicals, books and games. :grin:

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 27 Feb 2016, 20:28

Cool! And there are other ways too, where you can find science finally catching up with poetry. For example my master. I wrote about Excalibur in it's tradition from the first written sources we have up to the Excalibur today, we all know from movies, musicals, books and games. :grin:

Hi Maienfalke :hiya: welcome to the OBOD board :D Please make yourself at home here and enjoy the forums

Cheers,

Heddwen :)

Maienfalke
OBOD Ovate

Postby Maienfalke » 03 Mar 2016, 11:24

Haha thank you Heddwen! :D It's a while back, I registered here but now i find for my own suprise time to write and read something here.^^

Return to “Celtic Studies”