Dè do chor?

Subforum for Gaelic language studies and posts.
Eoin Dubh
OBOD Ovate

Dè do chor?

Postby Eoin Dubh » 17 Jun 2006, 14:37

Madainn mhath a h-uile duine. Dè do chor? Dè nì thu an-diugh? Bha mi aig obair air na taigh sinn an-diugh.

What are your favorite learning resources for learning Scottish Gaelic?
ImageImage

Fitheach
OBOD Druid

Postby Fitheach » 18 Jun 2006, 21:34

Bha mi aig obair air mo Leabhar na Ogam.
Tha gliocas an ceann an fhitich
Image Image Image

Beith

Postby Beith » 18 Jun 2006, 21:40

agus mise freisin ar m'obair féin! (ok so it's Irish gaelic but I think you'll get it!...sneaking in to Scots G forum! grin - Beith)

Seumas

Postby Seumas » 23 Jun 2006, 23:42

Tha mi ag obair comhla ri "Teach Yourself Gaelic."  'S toigh leam an leabhar sin, agus an CD cuideachd!

:hiya:

Nine Hazelnuts
OBOD Bard

Scots Gaelic Beginner seeks your sage input...

Postby Nine Hazelnuts » 02 Aug 2006, 07:20

Good evening.

I'm trying to get a Scots Gaelic beginners' group started to provide a bit of mutual support and fun for those of us who are just beginning to learn the language.

Do any of you have experience with Beag air Bheag, the BBC online program for absolute beginners?  It's on Radio nan Gaidheal's website at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/alba/fogh ... ndex.shtml
It looks fun and interactive, and best of all, I can get to the word or phrase I want without having to constantly rewind the ole "Teach Yourself" tape.  I very much appreciate your ideas and suggestions as a few of us get started.

Tapadh leat.

--Rowan Lorica
:awen:

Eoin Dubh
OBOD Ovate

Postby Eoin Dubh » 19 Sep 2006, 05:05

Rowan,
Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this. I have not used the BBC online stuff. We are using the Sabhal Mo\r Ostaig "Speaking Our Language" video tapes. Actually, I mastered them to DVD to make it easier. They are quite good for learning the spoken language.

My problem is more the grammer. Calder's A Gaelic Grammer is a great help but somewhat obtuse. What is really needed is a dictionary that declines all the nouns and stuff.
ImageImage

Megli

Postby Megli » 19 Sep 2006, 08:34

i'll join! i have studied it a bit but i've forgotten most of it. Does any one like the poetry of sorely mclean? (somhairle mac Gill-Eathain)

Eoin Dubh
OBOD Ovate

Postby Eoin Dubh » 19 Sep 2006, 15:32

Tha gu dearbh! 'Se sgrìobhadir iongantach a th'annam!
(Yes indeed! He is a wonderful writer.)

I have a couple of his books here somewhere, but with over 4000 of them around the house, it is getting hard to find the one I am looking for sometimes. I need a librarian!
ImageImage

runningwave
OBOD Bard

Re: Scots Gaelic Beginner seeks your sage input...

Postby runningwave » 25 Sep 2006, 23:21

Good evening.
Do any of you have experience with Beag air Bheag, the BBC online program for absolute beginners?  
Rowan,

I am a Gaelic beginner and I am using Beag air Bheag as one of my spoken-word resources. I find the BBC instruction very helpful so far and like that I can hear and repeat the sounds of words or phrases as much or as little as I need to.

I have an acquaintance who participates in a Scots Gaelic immersion weekends and classes in Seattle, WA USA. You and your group might want to communicate with that group and share some resources since you are in Portland, OR. The group is called Slighe nan Gaidheal and has a website at: http://www.slighe.com/.
~runningwave~

A bard from the marshes of Maryland, USA

Image Image

Return to “Scots Gaelic”