Which tarot card are you?

Subforum for the study of Tarot
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Dair Ciúin

Postby Dair Ciúin » 07 Jul 2006, 04:43

You are the the Hierophant card. The Hierophant, called The Pope in some decks, is the preserver of cultural traditions. After entering The Emperor's society, The Hierophant teaches us its wisdom. The Hierophant learns and teaches our cultural traditions. The discoveries our ancestors have made influence the present. Without forces such as The Hierophant who are able to interpret and communicate traditional lore, each generation would have to begin to learn anew. As a force that is concentrated on our past and our culture, The Hierophant can sometimes be stubborn and set in his ways. This is a negative trait he shares with his zodiac sign, Taurus. But like Taurus he is productive. His traditional lore can provide a source of inspiration for the creatively inclined, and his knowledge provides an excellent foundation for those who come into their own in the business world.

Wren MacDonald

Postby Wren MacDonald » 07 Jul 2006, 05:17

You are the Moon card. Entering the Moon we enter the intuitive and psychic realms. This is the stuff dreams are made on. And like dreams the imagery we find here may inspire us or torment us. Understanding the moon requires looking within. Our own bodily rhythms are echoed in this luminary that circles the earth every month and reflects the sun in its progress. Listening to those rhythms may produce visions and lead you towards insight. The Moon is a force that has legends attached to it. It carries with it both romance and insanity. Moonlight reveals itself as an illusion and it is only those willing to work with the force of dreams that are able to withstand this reflective light.

:D
Tree huggers of the world, unite! ^.~*

http://www.thehungersite.com
http://www.ecologyfund.com

Lacernatus

Postby Lacernatus » 07 Jul 2006, 07:51

You are the Universe card, sometimes called the World card. The Universe is the complete, perfect whole. The spiritual path has come to an end and enlightenment is reached. Events have reached completion. The different facets of your life are well-integrated and harmoniously balanced. This is an ideal state in which to rest and feel the true state of your vibrant physical being. Your creative potential is maximized and you have achieved goals that you have set for yourself in the past. After enjoying the pleasure of this state, a new cycle can begin with new challenges and triumphs that will keep you feeling alive and keep building on the foundations you have planted thus far.

Lace
(I've always believed the world is a projection of our selves, now it seems, I am a projection of my world!!)
Lace

ImageImage
As long as our brain is a mystery, the universe, the reflection of the structure of the brain, will also be a mystery.
Santiago Ramón Y Cajal, 1921

Arth Seren
OBOD Ovate

Postby Arth Seren » 07 Jul 2006, 12:29

You are the the Hierophant card. The Hierophant, called The Pope in some decks, is the preserver of cultural traditions. After entering The Emperor's society, The Hierophant teaches us its wisdom. The Hierophant learns and teaches our cultural traditions. The discoveries our ancestors have made influence the present. Without forces such as The Hierophant who are able to interpret and communicate traditional lore, each generation would have to begin to learn anew. As a force that is concentrated on our past and our culture, The Hierophant can sometimes be stubborn and set in his ways. This is a negative trait he shares with his zodiac sign, Taurus. But like Taurus he is productive. His traditional lore can provide a source of inspiration for the creatively inclined, and his knowledge provides an excellent foundation for those who come into their own in the business world. Image from: Morgan E. Cauthers-Knox. http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/m/o/ ... rganc.html

The last thing I expected, but I quite like it.  :D
Arth Seren
(Formerly Naiyah Sionnach)

ImageImageImageImage
2007 BS
2010 LI
2012 IL
2012 SB

ImageImageImage

Lady Nimue
OBOD Ovate
Location: Avalon...upon my Dragon, journeying to Anglesey and the Isle of Merlyn

Postby Lady Nimue » 07 Jul 2006, 13:16

Hmm...well that's easy...the Priestess, of course. :)
Lady Nimue-
Guardian of "MERLYN'S GROVE AT AVALON GLYN"...... a Certified OBOD Sacred Grove and Certified National Wildlife Refuge.
"I Walk with the Animals"

ImageImageImageImagegive vegitarianism a try!

Lora
OBOD Ovate

Postby Lora » 07 Jul 2006, 13:55

I'm a Hermit apparently!

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 07 Jul 2006, 14:51

You are the the Hierophant card.
Wow, that's a surprise.  I thought I would be more like 'The Hermit'.

:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

flowerfairy
OBOD Bard
Location: down at the bottom of the garden...amoung the birds and the bees...

Postby flowerfairy » 07 Jul 2006, 15:55

Mine was...the Empress

"You are the Empress card. The Empress is the archetype of the Mother. She creates and nurtures life. She represents the abundance of Mother Earth. The Empress is capable of using nature in a productive way. She espouses art for art's sake. Her planet is Venus, and she embodies love of beauty and a strong value system. Here is also found initial sensation. This is the first really physical experience of the world that The Fool has entered. The Empress has a rich understanding of the world based on her five senses. In a reading, The Empress represents pregnancy, actual or metaphorical. She indicates an act of creation and a sensual experience of beauty. The Empress is a nurturing force that wishes to see the product of her experiences reach the next stage of development."

In the past this has always been the card I could relate most to, so probably true for me :)

Rascal
OBOD Bard

Postby Rascal » 07 Jul 2006, 21:58

Hi :hiya:

Thanks for the info on this site- very interesting.

I've only recently joined and I have come out as the Fool, which is quite fiting.  Usually its the card that I dread having, but does tend to sum me up at the moment.

You are the Fool card. The Fool fearlessly begins the journey into the unknown. To do this, he does not regard the world he knows as firm and fixed. He has a seemingly reckless disregard for obstacles. In the Ryder-Waite deck, he is seen stepping off a cliff with his gaze on the sky, and a rainbow is there to catch him. In order to explore and expand, one must disregard convention and conformity. Those in the throes of convention look at the unconventional, non-conformist personality and think What a fool. They lack the point of view to understand The Fool's actions. But The Fool has roots in tradition as one who is closest to the spirit world. In many tribal cultures, those born with strange and unusual character traits were held in awe. Shamans were people who could see visions and go on journeys that we now label hallucinations and schizophrenia. Those with physical differences had experience and knowledge that the average person could not understand. The Fool is God. The number of the card is zero, which when drawn is a perfect circle. This circle represents both emptiness and infinity. The Fool is not shackled by mountains and valleys or by his physical body. He does not accept the appearance of cliff and air as being distinct or real.

:rainbow:                                                                         :owlhorn:

Paul Mitchell

Postby Paul Mitchell » 07 Jul 2006, 22:11

I appear to be the one with all the value of the suits on it, I think it's a bridge scoring card.
:grin:
Check out http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/ragingpagan
or... if you like your English Folk locked and loaded.. http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/madmagdalen

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Postby Seeker » 07 Jul 2006, 22:23

Interesting...

You are the Star card. The Star is the light of hope. Shining in the night, sending light into darkness, the stars provide direction to sailors and are a field on which to dream. Humanity used to look up at the sky and desire to be there, to find out what it all meant, and now we have been a distance into space and have elementary ideas of the makeup of all the different stars. This kind of achievement adds further fuel to our hopes. The eternal, slow-moving stars that will be long shining past the end of our own existence provide hope of immortality, and the vast space they suggest and the very mystery they hold provide us with excitement and knowledge yet to be discovered.
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought."
Matsuo Basho

Kat Lady
OBOD Druid

Postby Kat Lady » 07 Jul 2006, 22:41

Interesting indeed....

You are the Justice card. Justice preserves the harmony of the world. Working with opposite forces, Justice does not seek to criticize or condemn but rather to accept. The idea behind the card justice is that opposite forces are complementary; you could not have good without evil or light without darkness. Justice's position is to make sure that if a thing is out of balance, the weight of its energy is realigned with its opposite force. This card is also a card of humour, for it is in pointing out contrary positions that humour is often found. The attitude that is found in the humourous person, being able to shift perspective and flow with an instinct, is important in the maintenance of good balance.
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.--Mark Twain

AletheiaRivers

Postby AletheiaRivers » 08 Jul 2006, 01:13

I took this over at MysticWicks.

I'm justice too!  :hiya:  There don't seem to be very many of us.

Night Hawk

Postby Night Hawk » 08 Jul 2006, 03:50

My card is The Sun. :sun:
:coll: Current read: Earthsea TrilogyUrsula K. LeGuin
http://www.midrealm.org/starleafgate/
http://www.witchesofwindsor.com

barelyawake

Postby barelyawake » 08 Jul 2006, 19:50

You are the Lovers card. The Lovers card is about union. Each of us carries in our DNA the ability to be the opposite of what we think we are. Often our romantic attachments grow out of awe and respect as we see in another the characteristics we repress in ourselves. Society often presses us into molds of what it thinks masculinity and femininity should be. As a result, many of us associate with our gender certain positive characteristics and call others negative, when if these same qualities were held by a person of the opposite sex, our attitude towards them would be reversed. Getting in touch with our inner animus and anima, (Jung's terms for our inner male and female), allows us to see the whole of our personalities in a positive and constructive light. When you draw The Lovers card in a reading, you are working with balancing these forces. Depending on where the card is, you have either achieved balance or need to. The Lovers could indicate a romantic or even a platonic relationship. Ask yourself is this is a positive relationship that contributes to your growth as a complete human being, or if it fills an emotional craving within you that is actually detrimental to your personal growth. Image from: The Iranian artist Riza. http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/vi ... tem=50.164

:shrug:

Rob

Postby Rob » 12 Jul 2006, 02:20

I got moon

You are the Moon card. Entering the Moon we enter the intuitive and psychic realms. This is the stuff dreams are made on. And like dreams the imagery we find here may inspire us or torment us. Understanding the moon requires looking within. Our own bodily rhythms are echoed in this luminary that circles the earth every month and reflects the sun in its progress. Listening to those rhythms may produce visions and lead you towards insight. The Moon is a force that has legends attached to it. It carries with it both romance and insanity. Moonlight reveals itself as an illusion and it is only those willing to work with the force of dreams that are able to withstand this reflective light. Image from: Stevee Postman. http://www.stevee.com/
Take this quiz!

Guardian
OBOD Ovate

Postby Guardian » 12 Jul 2006, 02:58

I got Strength. (thats a tarot card?)

You are the Strength card. Strength occurs when we are able to work with our primal instincts. In Aleister Crowley's Book of Thoth, this card is called Lust. Lust can be thought of as the source of our inner power. Our desires, when firmly held, provide us with the energy and direction we need to achieve our goals. Strength relates to the practice of magick. Magick is the ability to use the will to alter reality in some way. In the strength card, we see a woman, by way of her gentleness and will, tame a wild lion. Her own inner capabilities have enabled her to perform this magickal feat. This is the kind of spiritual or primal strength that is indicated by this card.
Image Image
We must live, we must, true to our childhood dreams, or they are worthless, and our youth is insincere.

pobble
OBOD Ovate

Postby pobble » 12 Jul 2006, 21:18

I got The Fool.  :-)

Scylla
OBOD Ovate

Postby Scylla » 13 Jul 2006, 10:49

:o

You are the Moon card. Entering the Moon we enter the intuitive and psychic realms. This is the stuff dreams are made on. And like dreams the imagery we find here may inspire us or torment us. Understanding the moon requires looking within. Our own bodily rhythms are echoed in this luminary that circles the earth every month and reflects the sun in its progress. Listening to those rhythms may produce visions and lead you towards insight. The Moon is a force that has legends attached to it. It carries with it both romance and insanity. Moonlight reveals itself as an illusion and it is only those willing to work with the force of dreams that are able to withstand this reflective light.
You don´t choose your believes, your believes choose you.

Creirwy Arianrod du Nord

Postby Creirwy Arianrod du Nord » 13 Jul 2006, 11:36

I got the Moon. :)

Return to “Tarot Study Group”