Questions about the Tarot Study Group

Subforum for the study of Tarot
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Creirwy
OBOD Ovate

Questions about the Tarot Study Group

Postby Creirwy » 23 Oct 2006, 16:39

Hi all :)

I felt that I should make a sticky thread for those that want to ask questions about the tarot study group. So please if you have a question about the group please post them here :)
Heres a couple that people have asked a few times already..

Can I join the study group even though you have already started?
Of course!
Here we study the cards at our own pace, so if you would like to comment on the most recent card thread or work through them one by one thats fine! What is important is that you learn and enjoy the experience.

I'd like to join but I don't have a copy of the druidcraft tarot?
As you can see, on the first post of each card discussion, an image of the druidcraft tarot is up.
Although the group is based on the druidcraft tarot, don't feel limited to talking about that one deck. If you prefer to work with another deck then thats fine! We are talking about the archetypes, and different decks can give us more depth and insight into that archetype.
If you are drawing from another tarot deck, we do ask that you state in your post which deck you are referring to.

If you have another question, please post it here!

Blessings
C
x

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 02 Feb 2007, 08:05

I've been using the Motherpeace cards for years, but am wanting to learn the druidcraft deck. Will there be a, um, learning curve involved in switching decks? Should I wait until I get through with the Bardic course to join?

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 02 Feb 2007, 15:50

Motherpeace is a bit different, but it's all Tarot, same base, so join in! You're very welcome here.

Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Creirwy
OBOD Ovate

Postby Creirwy » 06 Feb 2007, 19:51

The DC deck is different to the Motherpeace - but then, the Motherpeace was a very original concept in the tarot world when it was first printed! So you can only expect when moving from the motherpeace to any deck you'll need a time of 'adjustment'. Don't let that deter you though - jump like the fool into the new-ness of the DC!

No need to wait till you get the bardic course or working to a certain point. Join in the threads whenever you feel ready to!

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 18 Jun 2007, 19:41

On another site tarotforum.net a group of us are doing a card a week from our favorite deck. At the end of every week we make a post of our findings and experiences.
I of course chose the DruidCraft tarot and I use the scans here when I am needing details at work.

so 2 questions
1: Will you eventually  be placing all the scans here
2: when I am done with my that weeks card should I copy my post here? might be fun having another opinion

Donata
OBOD Druid

Postby Donata » 18 Jun 2007, 21:52

1) my scanner and my computer aren't compatible -even a tech coudn't sort it out, so I can't post the pics. Crierwy was doing that when we started this sub forum.

If anyone else would volunteer to add the pics, that would be great!

2) please feel free to add to the threads! the more input, the more we all can learn.

BB
Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

ImageImage ImageImage

Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Postby Crystal Dragon » 22 Jun 2007, 13:32

When time permits  :grin:  I could add some pictures just let me know what you want and I will see what I can do. I also thought it might be nice to include cards from other decks as well, there are so many available these days.
ImageImageImage

When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power, the world will know peace. (Jimi Hendrix)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened
Anatole France (1844-1924)

Try to remember to be more Cat like... meditate regularly, be boundless and
purr a healing vibration!

Donata
OBOD Druid

Postby Donata » 22 Jun 2007, 14:15

While we're originally focusing on the DC Tarot, I agree that other decks are equally valuable. Please feel free to discuss other decks as well as DC. We chose to focus on the DC deck as it represents Druid values and beliefs so well.

BB
Donata

ImageImage ImageImage

coyoteblack

Re: Questions about the Tarot Study Group

Postby coyoteblack » 10 Oct 2007, 14:08

Hello all

I finished the majors and would like to continue a card a week until I am done with this deck.
I have the Minors coming up and I think I will add a little bit from the GD tree of life. As I can relate some thing to real life events. Also I will use 3 slightly different templates one for aces( gift of a suit) one for 2-10 , one for courts.

I am posting this first just to make sure there is no objection or you would just rather me stop at the majors.

Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Postby Crystal Dragon » 10 Oct 2007, 14:23

Hi Coyoteblack,
I don't know Donata's or Fitheach's views on this so I can't comment for them but I for one would be happy for you to share your thoughts on the minor arcana cards in this forum. After all, they do form part of the deck and play quite an important role. Perhaps in time, others here may also add their comments to your posts.
Blessings,
CD
ImageImageImage

When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power, the world will know peace. (Jimi Hendrix)

Donata
OBOD Druid

Postby Donata » 10 Oct 2007, 22:10

Even though I haven't commented on your posts I've enjoyed reading them. If you continue with the minor arcana - a big job! - I'm sure others will also be interested. Thank you for all the postings so far!

BB
Donata

ImageImage ImageImage

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 11 Oct 2007, 13:47

Thank you both of you!! I will definitely finish them . Seeing as they deal with more mundane events i will change my format a little.

I will most likely need to find what a lot of these images and symbols mean( having a fun time with the stag)

Since golden dawn has a influence with this site I might add a little GD tree of life.

Thanks again!!

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 02 Nov 2007, 16:39

Hello All

In my Minor's i am using " Golden Dawn references"

I am getting this from the Chicken Qabalah from Lon Milo duquette and Qabalistic Tarot by Robert Wang.

They assign Astrology references to parts of the tree and assign cards to part of the tree this is where a lot of definition come from . the combo of number and tree placement.

I am getting one of the books scanned to a PDF it is out of print so is it OK to place it here?

Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Postby Crystal Dragon » 03 Nov 2007, 12:33

Hello coyoteblack,
I just wondered how many pages the book you mention has and whilst it is kind of you to offer to post it here, I am not sure how this would work. Perhaps Donata or Fitheach could add their views :)
ImageImageImage

Donata
OBOD Druid

Postby Donata » 03 Nov 2007, 15:49

I'll check with those who know more about how the board operates - technologically speakig!
If the board can handle it, I don't see any objection - but I do know too many pages slows down the whole board.

BB
Donata

ImageImage ImageImage

Donata
OBOD Druid

Postby Donata » 04 Nov 2007, 15:30

Hi Coyoteblack,

Thank you for your kind offer. I did ask the administrators of the board about this. The book will slow down the board due to its size so it's not something that can be recommended or allowed at this time.

If you wish to quote short passages from the book, with credits of course, that should be OK.

Thank you for continuing to post your interesting interpretations!

BB
Donata

ImageImage ImageImage

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 11 Dec 2007, 17:17

Hello All

I just moved into a new house and do not have nternet access yet. I am typinghtis from work I will son catch up on the 3 cards I am behind.

Donata
OBOD Druid

Postby Donata » 11 Dec 2007, 17:27

Thanks Coyoteblack! Your dedication is appreciated. Take your time.

BB
Donata

ImageImage ImageImage

Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Postby Crystal Dragon » 12 Dec 2007, 09:53

And it gives me time to get the pictures ready :) Hope you soon settle into your new house, Coyoteblack, and that you will be very happy there
ImageImageImage

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 10 Jan 2008, 21:48

Thank you for wishing me well/

I will not do the courts in order. I think i will do all the monors in the same way i have been doing them. when i am finished i will do the courts together.

It seems easier for me to understand them when compareing them.

Return to “Tarot Study Group”