Starting with the Druidcraft tarot

Subforum for the study of Tarot
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
aesir22
OBOD Bard

Starting with the Druidcraft tarot

Postby aesir22 » 15 Jun 2011, 22:06

Hi everyone,

Well I bought the Druidcraft tarot deck a few years back and since then it has been in my drawer gathering dust!

So a few days ago I felt the need to get them out, and I started flicking through them. Then that led me to this site, which I think I came across a few years back!

I am keen to get started with the cards but I just feel so daunted! There is so much information to absorb for every single card. So many meanings, so many interpretations. So many things they could mean in relation to other cards. Argh! My brain feels scrambled already! How can I make this process less worrying lol. I would love to be able to read them!

illion
OBOD Ovate

Re: Starting with the Druidcraft tarot

Postby illion » 16 Jun 2011, 05:34

:hiya: aesir 22

I like to use the intuitive style when I read cards. It is very simple and very accurate. You just draw the amount of cards you feel for at the moment. (I happen to end up with three most of the time, I like to keep it simple if I can.) Then I look at the pictures and write down what comes to me. I don't use the book.

If you want to learn more about Druidcraft, then you can draw a few cards every morning to represent the coming day, use the intuitive style, then read the book explanations before you go to bed and compare the book meanings with your experiences.

Bel

Re: Starting with the Druidcraft tarot

Postby Bel » 07 Jul 2011, 15:40

Ive had this set for a few yrs now and tbh will not use any other. Though I am intrigued by a Jungian set I saw, and I am also in the long slow process of making a Marvel / DC set for fun.

I agree with illion, read them intuitively. Its taken me a long time, but Im pretty confident with them now. My way is to shuffle, spread face down in an arch, and use my right hand to scan over tham while my left is palm up , my right hand will usually stop and hover above the card to pick, ( a bit like allergy testing, think its called kinesiology ?? ). I usually only pick 3 or 4 and dont bother with fancy spreads.

Good luck, it is a beautiful set :)
formerly known as Mamma

Return to “Tarot Study Group”