Awen Spread

Subforum for the study of Tarot
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Mabon
OBOD Bard

Awen Spread

Postby Mabon » 16 Jan 2013, 23:42

Ok, totally new to learning Tarot and also to the (lovely!) DruidCraft deck. Did my first reading (for myself) the other night, and have been trying to interpret the cards. I wonder if anyone fancies having a go 'reading' the card spread that came up for me? It would be most interesting to see the different 'readings' from the same cards!

Here goes:

PAST / PRESENT / FUTURE

XIX THE SUN / NINE OF PENTACLES (REVERSED) / PRINCESS OF WANDS / IDEAS

XVIII THE MOON / THREE OF PENTACLES (REVERSED) / III THE LADY / EMOTIONS

XVI THE TOWER / PRINCESS OF SWORDS / FOUR OF CUPS / MANIFESTATIONS

Mabon
OBOD Bard

Re: Awen Spread

Postby Mabon » 17 Jan 2013, 15:45

The Awen Spread is a great and friendly tool - I love it too. :) It is also very useful for when you are learning any new deck. Next time you do a reading try this: after the cards are drawn, just look at each card, contemplate the art work and write down your thoughts about that card. Then, when you have finished, go look up the meanings written down in the book and see how close they are. I think you might be in for quite a treat. :)

Cheers,
Michael

PS. I know that was not what you asked for, but try it anyway. I think you'll be amazed at your own abilities. :D
Thanks Michael, good idea. And although my first attempt at interpreting the cards was clumsy, I was quite amazed by what I felt was a fairly clear (and probably spot-on!) message coming through the cards. Very, very interesting stuff!

Mabon
OBOD Bard

Postby Mabon » 17 Jan 2013, 15:48

....also if anyone does fancy having a go with this reading, you could message me privately if you prefer. It may be interesting for other people to see differing interpretations but on the other hand that is likely to give rise to some bias for everyone else.

Anyway, just a thought!

Mabon

NitaraRoseBubastis
OBOD Bard

Postby NitaraRoseBubastis » 31 Jul 2013, 15:22

Oh, I love this spread! I just tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago. It's so deeply informative, and really gets into the root of the question being asked. Very good spread for insight.

“I promise myself that I will enjoy every minute of the day that is given me to live.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh

Return to “Tarot Study Group”