Druidcraft weekly study group

Subforum for the study of Tarot
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
coyoteblack

Druidcraft weekly study group

Postby coyoteblack » 09 Jun 2014, 00:56

Druidcraft card study
Hello All
I would like to finish what I started a long time ago but I will start from the beginning. I plan on studying the minor arcana 4 cards every week starting on Sundays. I will do all the numbered cards in order so aces this week, two’s next week and so on. Then I will tackle the court cards which can cause all sorts of conversation. Then when we do the major arcana I will go one card at a time.
Just to qualify I have had a love of tarot for a long time but only when I came back to it about 12 years ago did I really delve into it. When I came back to tarot I had a hard time finding a good pagan deck I think I had 3 or 4 choices that did not force Christian symbolism on me. I have nothing against that religion as I am raised in a Irish American catholic household but I could not look at the some things and think I am going to hell I am in a better place now.
Minor Arcana is anything but minor but they tend to detail life events like jobs, relationships, thoughts, health. Major arcana deals with archetypes and when you see a lot in one reading pay attention as this could be a possible life changing event.
I used to belong to a tarot meet up group in New York City , when we started 4 or 5 of us have never read for anyone else outside of friends or family after some time we all learned to read for others. What I learned was we can all see the cards different so I will go over what works for me and hopefully others will chime in with their views.
I work with the minors by number, element, suit, and I get my subconscious involved by either meditating on the cards, scrying, stream of conscience writing, and the always popular journaling. I highly recommend finding your own meaning in these cards that work for you, using the wrote meaning is good to start but it will be impossible to internalize a meaning.

PS I am not sure how the group wants this formatted. I will start off by making a new post each week I title the post Druidcraft weekly study group aces , 2 ‘s 3’s and such I hope the moderator will make suggestions on what is better .

coyoteblack

Re: Druidcraft weekly study group

Postby coyoteblack » 14 Jun 2014, 18:00

Hello All,

Is there any suggestions on how I may make the study group better ? more detail ie discussing each part of the card, less ie removing meditation part. changing the format I am not very good at writing but I can try better.

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 17 Jun 2014, 02:38

I will have the two's complete in a hour or two. I walked for my degree this weekend combined with about 7 hours total of driving I was to work out to finish this Sunday.

Kiara
OBOD Bard

Postby Kiara » 17 Jun 2014, 20:12

I'm very interested in following this weekly study group. I've been away from Tarot decks for a while and this looks like the perfect opportunity to get back into it. I've already read the Aces post - I like the format and never meditated with the cards before so something new for me to try as well. Your writing is fine and the ideas put forth very clear. I look forward to reading your weekly posts. Thanks for restarting this!
ImageImage

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 18 Jun 2014, 00:45

Kiara ,

Thank you , any thing you post as a reply will be more then welcome and thanks again.The two's are done by the way. also there is many ways of meditating with the cards and this deck is chock full of imagery .

Rhiannon Willow
OBOD Bard

Postby Rhiannon Willow » 23 Jun 2014, 22:26

I too am interested...

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 24 Jun 2014, 01:33

I too am interested...
Hello Rhiannon Willow

I finished the threes yesterday and will start the 4's on Sunday . Anything you post will be awesome .

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 14 Jul 2014, 04:43

Hello all,

The five and Sixes are complete . I hope you all like them if anyone would like to comment of recommend something to make these posts look better or if I can add anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Dathi
OBOD Ovate

Postby Dathi » 14 Jul 2014, 16:03

Coyoteblack,

Thanks for the effort you are putting into this. I don't have anything to contribute, but wanted to express appreciation. All very interesting.

:shake:

Dathi
:owlhorn:
Seminar. September 2010: African Druids? Sangomas, Inyangas http://www.druidry.org/board/dhp/viewto ... =2&t=36777

2011 LI
Seminar. October 2012: Druids & Bushcraft viewtopic.php?f=326&t=41256

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 14 Jul 2014, 16:59

Dathi,

Thank you , I plan on going through all of the OBOD grades when I can afford it so will most likly revisit these cards after each grade. The cards are good way to understand many concepts.

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 21 Jul 2014, 20:35

The sevens are completed. eventually I will go back over these cards and try and explain all the major symbols and the place on the tree of life.

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 28 Jul 2014, 14:20

The Eights are completed when we get passed the 10's I will court cards which are kind of hard then the majors.

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 06 Aug 2014, 04:05

The nines are done . next week is the 10's when we are done I will go over where the minors get various definitions from like golden dawn astrology , elements, numerology and also the pictures and how various images are in most cards no matter the deck .

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 11 Aug 2014, 05:23

The 10's are complete . I think next week i will just go over one of the minors but show where many meanings come from and how you can look at one card and get a cornucopia of meaning from it. Also I might be getting deployed soon if I do i might not be able to get to the other cards till I come back .

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 18 Aug 2014, 05:03

I will be deploying soon and I had a lot of work getting things set up hence no tarot work today. but through the week we will just look at one card from the minors and see all the definitions or various methods we can look at a card .

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 20 Aug 2014, 04:43

Hello all

I posted another look at the three of wands but used a lot of golden dawn meaning and other methods of looking at a card so people know how to get a deeper meaning from a single card meaning and also to go beyond a book meaning,

I should be deploying to Africa ( the not nice part) soon. I will try and continue the onto the court cards sunday and pick up when I am on base.

coyoteblack

Postby coyoteblack » 26 Aug 2014, 01:30

Hello all,

I am deploying to Africa and will not have a lot of access to the internet and no access to my druid craft. I will be leaving in a day or 2 so I will have to complete this work when i return to base here. On the bright side the book does an excellent job with the courts and that is what i have used with other decks to under stand them .

Kiara
OBOD Bard

Postby Kiara » 26 Aug 2014, 22:11

I very much enjoy this weekly study group even if I don't post much. I, for one, will be glad when you come back from deployment and are able to continue. Stay safe!
ImageImage

Return to “Tarot Study Group”