iphone apps for druids?

This forum is for discussions of the various ways Druidry touches our daily lives.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Nightfalls
OBOD Bard

iphone apps for druids?

Postby Nightfalls » 11 Jun 2010, 04:56

this may come as an odd question but are there any iphone apps for druids? I have my phone at all times in case an emergency comes up. I am also very new at druidry. It would be nice if i had say an herbalist guide on my phone so when im out for walks and i see an interesting plant or tree i can pull up its info and find out what it is, see some info on it, maybe even its uses in medicine, and what symbolism if any it has in druidism.

any info would be appreciated thanks :)

/ | \
Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole
I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears, Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll
I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

Fiach

Re: iphone apps for druids?

Postby Fiach » 17 Jun 2010, 14:59

I am not sure about an herb app but I wouldn't doubt it. You may just have to search online a bit.

There is a great bird identification app at this link

http://whatbird.com/ but it does cost $30 us.

Google has an amazing app called google sky map which allows you to have a gps star map at all times which is really awesome as well. This app is free.

Best wises

:gulp:

“There is no such thing as a great talent without great will power.”
Honore de Balzac

Tyriell_Whisperwind
OBOD Bard

Postby Tyriell_Whisperwind » 21 Jun 2010, 19:56

check out this thread, it should help you with some idea other members have been talking about

http://www.druidry.org/board/dhp/viewto ... 97&t=36032
May Mother Nature Smile Upon You...
/|\ Tyriell Whisperwind /|\
:acornantlers: :wolf: :paw:

Taliesin2
OBOD Bard

Postby Taliesin2 » 26 Aug 2015, 02:16

foolsdog has created apps for both iPhone & Android. The Druid Animal Oracle and The Druid Plant oracle is available for download as part of the same app. The DruidCraft Tarot deck is also available as well. Just open the app store on both iPhone and Android and do a search for foolsdog or fools dog.

kresta
OBOD Bard

Postby kresta » 26 Aug 2015, 03:55

I guess it depends what you need to do... I have a Welsh dictionary, the tales and other texts as e-books and some astronomy apps (moon phases, star gazing etc, - all rigorously free) because that's what I do - none of them are for 'druids', it depends how you use them....

Rather than apps, there are actually many many 'podcasts' for meditation and similar things, just search with terms with 'druid', 'magick', 'alchemy', 'herbal' etc you'll get a whole list. It's easier for many people without the know-how to actually record a piece and put it online as podcast rather than build an app.

Oh and Druidcast too... ;)
Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see,
one chants out between two worlds - "Fire, walk with me".

Delian
OBOD Bard

Postby Delian » 09 Dec 2015, 14:12

Evernote is a nice app where you can synchronize your notes from your computer to your devices like your iPhone. In my case I put there my final notes there so I can access them when I'm out: tarot cards' meanings, oracles cards' (or other oracles) meanings, tarot spreads, oracles spreads, things from my wiccan coven like rituals, mantras, prayers, etc.

I-Qi Clock is a meditation app, I think it's 2$. You can choose from 12 different tools that have different sounds, all of them zen tools. So you can set up a timer with those tools and set it up how long you want, which tool to ring and how many times. It has a lot of options.

SimplyNoise + SimplyRain (each costs 1$): to help you relax.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Markjones
OBOD Bard

Postby Markjones » 09 Dec 2015, 15:33

I thought about this too, and I was very tempted to keep my journal on my phone/tablet too and sync it between devices (I didn't in the end)

currently I have a moon phase calendar and 2 good apps. 1 called Mushroom Id and one called Tree Id. Work very well in the UK.

Return to “Druid Living”