Subtle Changes

This forum is for discussions of the various ways Druidry touches our daily lives.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Dramor

Subtle Changes

Postby Dramor » 04 Feb 2014, 14:41

I did not enroll yet in the O,B.O.D Course or have any formal training other than my own personal research but have been noticing changes in my life.

Dramor

Changes

Postby Dramor » 04 Feb 2014, 15:09

So i have been noticing since i started on this path many changes in my life and it has only been a short time. I notice myself praying and asking for guidance to Cernnunos.This would not be so hard to believe for myself since i pushed the catholic church from my life because i could not stand to pray or follow any beliefs. I went blind from diabetes 3 years ago and just after finding this path and just starting my journey i seen the stars for the first time in 3 years. I have never been so excited or happy in my life, For the past 15 years i used Cannabis and Alcohol to numb myself from stress and depression. one day about 3 months ago i just quit using these and told my partner i no longer needed them, i have no cravings or want for these things not even a thought for them pass through my mind. I was always terrible in English Class i could not write a poem if i tried but now when im working on my farm or outdoors in general i find nature inspiring me to rhyme off little phrases about the melting snow the sun and moon and just about anything around me in nature. As i write this down i find that i miss titled the tread lol. They are not really subtle at all Is this a common occurrence when taking this path ? I find myself in what seems to be Bliss for the most part and hoping it does not fade.

Thanks for reading
Dramor

Blessed Be

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Re: Subtle Changes

Postby Aphritha » 04 Feb 2014, 20:59

Wow! No, those are not subtle at all! You've undergone some very positive maor life changes. I'm really happy for you!
The changes I've undergone would fit this title better; most of mine were internal, probably not overly noticable to those around me. The Bardic course has merely given me a toolbox from which to work from. I see my own life in a different light, and am learning to cope with problems in more effective ways. Though, when starting, I thought I'd find answers, but it seems I'm just finding more questions! It seems for every one thing I figure out, three more questions arise. :D
I hope your path continues to take you to good places! Your story is very inspiring. :)

Crinia
OBOD Ovate

Re: Subtle Changes

Postby Crinia » 04 Feb 2014, 22:25

Hello Dramor

It sounds like the changes you are undergoing are making your life and the world a better place.

My changes from start to finish of the Bardic grade were significant (about 2 years?). I left the rat race, went from a well paying job I was unhappy in to a poorly paying job I enjoy. Like you I notice plants and stars more often and for the first time in my life I have written poetry.

I now rarely spend time around people who have high consumer demands, and I don't watch TV. I seek out spiritual people for company. Part of this I attribute to finding like minded people through OBOD; partly to the influence of a university lecturer who believed in experiential leaning through connection to the environment; the rest I think was starting to happen to me anyway and that is why I was open to being part of OBOD.

I believe there is a tide of change occurring across the world and those people sensitive to it are being dragged into a new era. The OBOD teachings provide one template for understanding this change and seem to collect these people together. - I feel your bliss.

Tread lightly

Crinia
Gun Toiseach - Gun Crioch

Return to “Druid Living”