The uses of space

This forum is for discussions of the various ways Druidry touches our daily lives.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
xidia
OBOD Ovate

The uses of space

Postby xidia » 19 Mar 2014, 19:23

I've been using our "spare bedroom" as both a home office and my space for Druidic workings. It has my altar in it. I've always done my spiritual work on the sofa under the window, but lately I've been trying to work in the same spot, because it gets the most natural day light. I'm finding it very hard to concentrate properly on my work - I'm much more likely to drift off into a contemplative state, even though I spend more actual time "working" in that spot than I do "spiritualising". Is there a way to be able to teach my mind to do both, or do I just need to go back to working at my desk on the other side of the room?

Fire oak
OBOD Ovate

Re: The uses of space

Postby Fire oak » 19 Mar 2014, 19:51

I work from home as a therapist/healer and used to use a spare bedroom. I would also use this space for my own personal work, journeying, meditation and such but the space was small enough and it was hard to keep what was me and what was my work space separate as I tend to spread out.

I then discovered that if I 'constructed' a protective sacred space (casting a circle would work) in which I worked on myself that helped keep things apart.

I now have a workspace in my garden but still go there for both working on myself and working on others. It is big enough to use two different areas for both but I still create sacred space for me.

I am very careful to clear and freshen the energy of the space by opening windows and the door and letting air through. I also smudge with sage or spay with Austrailian Bush Flower Essence space clearing spray to clear the energy.

If you want to keep working by the window for both then clearing the space regularly might help. You said that you do more work there than spiritualising. Could you move the sofa and alter so that you have natural light for your work?
Fire Oak

ImageImage

xidia
OBOD Ovate

Re: The uses of space

Postby xidia » 20 Mar 2014, 23:40

Thank you, @fireoak. I might not clear the energy, but rather package it up and store it over the altar unless I'm actively meditating or journeying. And then maybe do the same with the work energy state and keep that over my desk...

Return to “Druid Living”