Recurring nightmare

This forum is for discussions of the various ways Druidry touches our daily lives.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
WaffleBox
OBOD Ovate

Recurring nightmare

Postby WaffleBox » 17 Sep 2014, 21:23

Howdy y'all! For the past 8 years or so I've had a recurring nightmare that happens anywhere from twice a week to a couple times per month. I used to be a teacher, and they were the worst two years of my life. I was miserable the entire time. Ever since then, I've had nightmares that I was back teaching at that school. Usually (but not always) it is the first day of school. Sometimes as soon as the students arrive, I quit the job. Other times I actually go about trying to be a teacher. Either way I wake up stressed out.

Any suggestions on how I can try to stop having these dreams?
Image Image

PeteBranduir
OBOD Bard

Re: Recurring nightmare

Postby PeteBranduir » 17 Sep 2014, 22:46

Purely hearsay but friend of mine used lucid dreaming to help him out of a similar scenario. Might be worth a shot.

I hope you find your way through this.
If at first you don't succeed, I hope it wasn't brain surgery.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Re: Recurring nightmare

Postby Aphritha » 19 Sep 2014, 17:12

I dreamt continuously of a school for years; same school every time. Nothing remarkable happened, except that I couldn't read my schedule. I had some help in interpreting the dream, and the next time I dreamt of the school, the schedule was legible! I didn't stop dreaming of the place, but I now have full run of the building, rather than being confined to trying to figure out where to go next.
I did use lucid dreaming here...actually, I didn't even try. It just became a message to my brain "you're in this school, you must be dreaming". Could you try to set up subconscious symbols for yourself to recognize its a dream? Interpretation might help, too. Why do you think this setting keeps reoccuring?

Return to “Druid Living”