Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life,

This forum is for discussions of the various ways Druidry touches our daily lives.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
butterflymelody

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life,

Postby butterflymelody » 22 Mar 2016, 23:45

Is there any way to report these messages as spam?

Edit: Nevermind, the button to report it came up this time. :)

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Postby DJ Droood » 23 Mar 2016, 01:54

Is there any way to report these messages as spam?

Edit: Nevermind, the button to report it came up this time. :)
Is there a way to tell spam from the usual esoteric stream of consciousness post? I suppose because it was his first post.
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

butterflymelody

Postby butterflymelody » 23 Mar 2016, 02:17

How is this not spam?

It's not related to the Druid Living forum at all, let alone druidism.
Furthermore, how is this message any different from a fundamentalist Christian coming in and saying what to do to save ourselves? Replace Krishna with Jesus and the intent is the same. The message is complete with the link to your very own "Bhagavad-gita Starter Kit." And to top it all off, a banner with "Save Yourself and Save the World" and "If You Love Me, Distribute My Books!" is at the bottom of the page in the link.

And yes, this is his first post. In his very first post, he didn't introduce himself like most in the hearthfire forum or even ask a question about druidism; instead, he chose to prosthelytize in his very first post. That alone tells you what his intent is.

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 23 Mar 2016, 03:00

Besides, I think I've seen that same article shared on here before, with the same intent.
Nothing against Hinduism. I find it rather interesting. But the whole "must do..." and "buy this" are usually indicators to go the opposite direction.

butterflymelody

Postby butterflymelody » 23 Mar 2016, 04:40

and now You can avoid the creator, but you cannot say He doesn't exist. Whether or not you accept the creator's authority is your business; but you cannot say there is no creator.

For example :- there are so many outlaws who say, "We don't want to obey the government." If you don't like the government, that is your business. But there is a government -- you can't deny that.
Yeah, definitely a spammer and not interested in Druidism at all.

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 27 Mar 2016, 03:51

Nu-uh! There is no government! *plugs ears and makes lalala sounds* I can't hear you!

Return to “Druid Living”