Baby Faith

A forum for Druid parents to discuss child-rearing issues and exchange ideas
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
MiriamSPia

Baby Faith

Postby MiriamSPia » 07 Jun 2011, 19:08

Sometimes babies and little kids announce their religious orientations to parents. I have heard true stories of babies who wave happily at one religious event. I have also heard true tales of babies screaming bloody murder - Sorry Mom, wrong religion! type of reaction. So, hm, I don't honestly understand how or why our children would have 'built in religious preferences' but it seems to be something about which people can have innate inclinations. The kids may choose the same or other religions as the parents. :) :???:

Duellist
OBOD Bard

Re: Baby Faith

Postby Duellist » 23 Sep 2011, 15:10

I have to agree and count myself lucky.

My daughter was always fascinated and amused by druid rituals, meeting people and watching us chant and sharing bread or whatever. The one time she had to sit through a Christian ritual in a chapel, she heckled the vicar by shouting 'blah blah blah...' at him. Many people found it cute, but it was unfortunate that her first taste of Christianity was a funeral. Afterwards, she wanted to stroke the trees in the crematorium / graveyard and went back to content silence.
Sanity is overrated...

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Re: Baby Faith

Postby Bracken » 24 Sep 2011, 04:37

hey, Duellist. Long time, no see. Welcome back. x

Return to “Druid Parenting”