custody battle

A forum for Druid parents to discuss child-rearing issues and exchange ideas
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Astrid
OBOD Ovate

Re: custody battle

Postby Astrid » 12 Jan 2012, 16:30

thank you so much for that update zylah :hug: I think a lot of us have been cheering for you on the sideline and it is so great to hear that "justice has been done" so to speak

It is sad that he has acted in this way that most likely have permanently damaged his relationship with his kids.

I so admire your direction of your anger and how you turned it into a shield for you children - Im sure the story would make a good tale in the hands of a competent bard!

So good to know that you are all safe and together for good :cloud9:

I give you my best wishes and hopes for you and your children's future!
Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.
Dr. Napoleon Hill
ImageImage

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Postby DJ Droood » 12 Jan 2012, 17:34

Nothing to add, Zylah, except I've been following your tale for a long time, and applaud you for your emotional honesty and willingness to share....I'm sure it is of huge benefit to others going through similar travails.
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

Fiona The Bard
OBOD Bard

Postby Fiona The Bard » 13 Jan 2012, 00:46

I'm sure it is of huge benefit to others going through similar travails.
That is precisely what this thread did for me.

Zylah, thank you for writing and sharing with us here. I'm new here, and haven't been following your story the way it sounds like most have, but I must be in rhythm, as I read your story precisely when I needed to. Though not at all the same situation as yours, I am going through something currently that tests the limits of my strength, volition and wisdom, and reading your experience cemented for me the fact that with clarity of mind and a compassionate heart, absolutely anything on earth can be done. I'm aware that that sounds lofty, but hell if it's not true.

I was so happy when I got to the end of your post and saw the outcome of your hard work (for serious lack of a better term). I can only imagine the benefits you're reaping right now, getting to hug your children on a daily basis, helping them to heal, and I'm sure they're helping you do the same. You deserve some mad applause for your courage. Bob only knows how much better off we'd all be (those of us with families where dysfunction runs rabid) had our parents stepped in to protect us and teach us by example the healthy way to live. Thank you, for your kids, but also for reminding me that happiness and the pursuit thereof is worth any - nay, every - risk.

:tiphat:

Aynfean
OBOD Bard

Postby Aynfean » 28 Jan 2012, 06:49

I know I'm new here and late to all this but I just wanted to add my congrats to you for handling it in such a respectable fashion.

I've gone through custody issues myself and it's not pretty. Thankfully mine were not nearly as traumatic for my daughter as all that, we managed to keep things mostly away from her. Now we're enjoying the fun that is learning to deal with my ex's new live-in girlfriend.

It's great knowing there are such strong women in this community. All the best to you and your family as you settle into your new home together.

Zylah
OBOD Ovate

Postby Zylah » 28 Jan 2012, 07:24

Thank you, everyone. :hug: This community has been a tremendous source of strength for me in so many ways; so Fiona, when you say that hearing the story encouraged you when you needed it, it gives me great joy.

Love and blessings to all of you; I am thankful our paths touch, even if it's only here. :lovers:
Where the forest murmurs there is music: ancient, everlasting.
- Fiona MacLeod

"I cannot speak well enough to be unintelligible." -- Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Return to “Druid Parenting”