Do the stickies get in the way?

Subforum for the study of the Ogham
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
dmiley

Do the stickies get in the way?

Postby dmiley » 04 Apr 2011, 02:57

So, I'm looking at the stickies (the static posts at the beginning of this forum) and many of them have not been updated since 2007. Other than beith and a small spurt of activity in Jan 2011 this forum has been lightly attended. This is especially odd since OBOD puts a premium on ogham work so there should be quite a few folks working on ogham at any given time. Is it possible that the 25 stickies are getting in the way of discourse? 25 mostly untended posts to get through before anything new. Just a thought that we could get rid of the stickies and let things come up as they are on folks mind - might provoke more discourse.

David Miley
(my own work on ogham/ogam is at http://dmiley.livejournal.com - use the "ogam" tag)

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Re: Do the stickies get in the way?

Postby DaRC » 04 Apr 2011, 12:41

I do tend to agree that the Stickies, and not just on this forum, can get in the way.
Although I'd be loathe to remove them, or change them to normal posts, as then they could be lost.

Perhaps if they appeared at the bottom - with the live threads appearing at the top?
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 05 Apr 2011, 12:46

Yes I think an Archive would be a good way to retain the good stuff but also keep current topics at the top of the page.
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

Earthwoman
OBOD Ovate

Postby Earthwoman » 06 Apr 2011, 14:19

I'll put in a request to an admin for a special Archives subforum. :)

dmiley

Postby dmiley » 08 Apr 2011, 11:29

Glad that change may be on the way:-)

skh
OBOD Ovate

Postby skh » 16 Apr 2011, 08:22

Dear students of the Ogham :)

sorry this took us a while to reply to. There's now a subforum "The Ogham Library", and I'm in the process of moving over all the stickies.

peace /|\
Sonja

(Edit to add: done.)
I don't think anybody ever died thinking they loved people too much, or had too much joy, or made too much music.

D'Arzhur
OBOD Druid

Postby D'Arzhur » 16 Apr 2011, 10:05

So, I'm looking at the stickies (the static posts at the beginning of this forum) and many of them have not been updated since 2007. Other than beith and a small spurt of activity in Jan 2011 this forum has been lightly attended. This is especially odd since OBOD puts a premium on ogham work so there should be quite a few folks working on ogham at any given time. Is it possible that the 25 stickies are getting in the way of discourse? 25 mostly untended posts to get through before anything new. Just a thought that we could get rid of the stickies and let things come up as they are on folks mind - might provoke more discourse.

David Miley
(my own work on ogham/ogam is at http://dmiley.livejournal.com - use the "ogam" tag)
I read your journal entry on Ogam with interest , thank you.
if I remember correctly we are advised in the study of Ogam to start with experiencing them individually before reading about them in books and forums.
That really worked out for me in all aspects of Ogam (connection to trees/plants. ogam in divination/communication, healing, magic etc.).
Nice idea therefore to place the stickies in an archive forum !
D'Arzhur
Tradu/i\re
ImageImage
Image :daraoi: :awen:

Return to “Ogham Study Group”