Interested in learning Cornish language and culture

Subforum for Cornish language studies and posts.
Lia-Awenydd
OBOD Bard

Interested in learning Cornish language and culture

Postby Lia-Awenydd » 09 Sep 2016, 20:49

I'm interested in learning Cornish after I become fluent in Welsh. I've been studying Welsh for a few months now. I think the knowledge of Welsh will help with studying Cornish. It's probably not a good idea to study both at the same time, so I'll get round to this when I feel more established in the other. But I can start learning about Cornwall (and Devon) and the culture right away, so I'm here to say I'm a Cornovii/Dumnonii descendant who wants to learn about her heritage and connect with others with similar interest. :shake:
᚛ᚐᚃᚓᚅᚆᚇᚇᚂᚘ᚜
Gwirioneddau gwlith ar tafodau ac ysbrydoliaeth gwau yn ffynnon pan awen cyfuno lle beirdd yn trigo.
¡i¡
Truths dew on tongues and inspiration weaves a well when awen pools where poets dwell.

Cosmic Ash
OBOD Druid

Re: Interested in learning Cornish language and culture

Postby Cosmic Ash » 10 Sep 2016, 10:20

Have you seen Say Something in Cornish? https://www.saysomethingin.com/cornish
And if you haven't seen their Welsh courses, they're worth checking out.

I think you can start learning another language before you're fluent in Welsh. My Welsh is still nowhere near fluent, but now I have started learning Manx and I don't think it has harmed my learning of either language.

Lia-Awenydd
OBOD Bard

Postby Lia-Awenydd » 11 Sep 2016, 01:56

I do have that link saved, thanks, and was planning to go there first when it's time. :) I'm using DuoLingo for learning Welsh, and the "Welcome to Welsh" book with CD that I got for taking AmeriCymru's Welsh course. I may dabble in the Cornish a bit and see if it becomes confusing.

How long have you been learning Welsh and Manx? :)
᚛ᚐᚃᚓᚅᚆᚇᚇᚂᚘ᚜
Gwirioneddau gwlith ar tafodau ac ysbrydoliaeth gwau yn ffynnon pan awen cyfuno lle beirdd yn trigo.
¡i¡
Truths dew on tongues and inspiration weaves a well when awen pools where poets dwell.

Cosmic Ash
OBOD Druid

Postby Cosmic Ash » 11 Sep 2016, 10:13

I've been learning Welsh on and off for maybe five or six years. Manx I only started a few months ago.

Return to “Cornish”