My dear dad-in-law

This subforum is reserved for posts honoring the memory of a person who has crossed over.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

My dear dad-in-law

Postby ShadowCat » 12 Feb 2014, 08:43

My father in law passed last sunday morning completely unexpected. He was 84 with the usual aches and paines (bloodpressure, hipreplacement etc) but generally quite fit. He had a spot of minor surgery under local aneasthetic a few days earlier that went really well. We visited him at home on saturday. He was tired but joined in the conversation, ate pie, and had a good time. My man and I stayed for diner and we ate together.

As we left I hugged him (I come from a more open family then my man, they wave or shake hands) and I got a bit of a bad feeling. I just told him quitly: "Don't do anything funny while we are away, okay?" Sunday morning came, my mom-in-law got up and dad stayed in bed to sleep late, as he usually does. He went to the bathroom and crawled back in bed for the bonusround. At noon my mom went back upstairs, shouting "wake up sleepyhead", pulled of his blankets and found his body. He had already passed on about an hour before.

By a great deal of luck my brother-in-law arrived at that precise moment for an unexpected sunday visit so mom wasn't alone.

Since then it has been a madhouse of organising, crying and laughing. My dad in law was a gentle and modest man and I see many of his traits back in my guy. I loved him as just much as my own dad and I miss him dearly.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

Selene
OBOD Druid

Re: My dear dad-in-law

Postby Selene » 12 Feb 2014, 10:08

I'm so sorry for your loss. Shadowcat. He sounds like a wonderful person and I hope his crossing over was gentle and peaceful. :candle:
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Fire oak
OBOD Ovate

Postby Fire oak » 12 Feb 2014, 10:52

So sorry for your loss Shadowcat
Fire Oak

ImageImage

Whitemane
OBOD Ovate

Postby Whitemane » 12 Feb 2014, 13:01

My condolences, especially for your mother-in-law. What a dreadful shock it must have been.

Look after her carefully. :hug:
May the long time sun shine upon you,
All love surround you,
And the pure light within you,
Guide your way on.

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 12 Feb 2014, 19:09

I'm really sorry to hear that...many healing wishes to all of you. :-(

Wolf Dreamer
OBOD Druid

Postby Wolf Dreamer » 12 Feb 2014, 21:46

I'm so sorry Shadowcat. I hope that you and your family will find comfort during this difficult time.
:candle:

Wolf Dreamer
:wolf:
Last edited by Wolf Dreamer on 13 Feb 2014, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
"Follow your bliss. If you do follow your bliss you
put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while
waiting for you, and the life you ought to be living is the one you are living.
If you follow your bliss, doors will open that wouldn't have opened for anyone else."

- Joseph Campbell

Kiara
OBOD Bard

Postby Kiara » 13 Feb 2014, 03:32

My condolences, Shadowcat. While I'm a true believer in we leave when we've learned what we were here to learn and taught what we were here to teach, it doesn't lessen the pain of those left behind. Of course, the last lesson they teach is how to continue without their physical presence every day. Our loved ones may no longer be physically here, but I believe they're still around us, watching and gently guiding us when we need. :where:
ImageImage

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 13 Feb 2014, 06:08

Thank you all for your kind words...

Dad was a wonderful person. We all agree that it feels extremely peaceful the way he passed, to the point of us agreeing that we would gladly sign up for this way of passing, even if such a death would come years sooner than a sickbed and struggle to the end. In the sensitivity to energies that my guy and I share, we also both felt that he has passed quickly, completely and is already present in this other sense, freed of the body that was declining.

We'll give him a good sendoff today...
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 27 Apr 2014, 06:38

There are many reasons I don't come in here,,Im getting old myself,,But any and all ,,my heart goes out to you,,one persons pain ends and a whole famlys begins,,,be well and look to the setting sun
Through my eyes you still see,, Through my heart you still live ,, For as long as i have breath you will sing,,Thanks Mom

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 27 Apr 2014, 09:12

There are many reasons I don't come in here,,Im getting old myself,,But any and all ,,my heart goes out to you,,one persons pain ends and a whole famlys begins,,,be well and look to the setting sun
Thank you, Deepwater... I can understand that things get a different energy when you get in certain lifestages yourselves. On the other hands, two months after my dad-in-law passed, a good friend of ours died unexpectedly at only 50, same age as my guy. We are currently mostly wondering at the fragility of life, at the aspect of "one minute you are here, the next moment you are gone" and when gazing upon the earthy remains, wondering: where did the person go....

Carpe diem :hug:
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 29 Apr 2014, 05:48

I know ,, here one min gone the next and where do we go,,I have that worked out,, Im here until the last min and than ill be scattered out in my forrest taken up by its roots way up into the leaves eaten by the bugs and blown around in the fall dry and dusty for other trees plants and critters to move along maybe into the cold water stream to the lakes and fishes and beyond to the ocean,,I will go back to where it all began back to the mother that bore me,,We are all from the mother earth and we will all return to her in what ever min she decides :old: :grin:
Through my eyes you still see,, Through my heart you still live ,, For as long as i have breath you will sing,,Thanks Mom

Willowhawk
OBOD Bard
Location: ...over grass and over stone, and under mountains in the moon...

Postby Willowhawk » 30 Apr 2014, 22:41

I'm so very sorry. Peace to you, and to him. Hugs.
Peace over anger. Honour over hate. Strength over fear.

Return to “In Memoriam”