For Those Left Behind

This subforum is reserved for posts honoring the memory of pets or other animal friends who now wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
fulbert-avebury
OBOD Bard

Re: For Those Left Behind

Postby fulbert-avebury » 23 Aug 2012, 17:32

Thank you, Jeffrey. I'm finding that just seeing that Buddleia there is helping tremendously. I know exactly where her grave is and, somehow, even though I know it's not physically occurring yet, that buddleia is already a new manifestation of the materials that were her body. Funny, how our minds will work.
Nicely stated; glad that is so comforting.

RidgeDruid
OBOD Ovate

Postby RidgeDruid » 07 Nov 2012, 19:57

I had to euthanize my cat Pud today. She was 17 and I had her since she was about 5 weeks old. It was a hard decision - she had a variety of medical conditions that were taking her down fairly quickly - and the quality of her life was slipping away. The vet said that many people know when it is time to let them move on. She was a loyal companion for many years of my life, and, until recently, curled up with me most nights when I went to sleep, then went about her cat business. I held her in my arms as the medication took effect and I could feel her let go. She was a scrapper extraordinaire, and I think she would have hung around until her body failed her completely, but I knew it was time for her to move to the Summerlands and be young and strong again.

I will miss her deeply. She was a comfort to me through many difficult parts of my life - trying to raise 3 special needs children, a dissolving marriage, divorce, and a lot of other difficult times. I need to remind myself that everything we have in life is merely on loan to us, nothing belongs to us. That makes me all the more grateful for her companionship and love. See you on the other side, Pud.
Formerly known as A.O. MacLyr

Image Image

Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Postby Crystal Dragon » 08 Nov 2012, 11:18

:hug: Love & Blessings to you at this time RidgeDruid. It is indeed a very hard decision to make but in many ways it is the last act of true friendship we are able to do for our much loved pets and your vet would not have suggested this option lightly. Pud will always be with you and I hope the pain of your loss will ease as each day passes.

:candle: For Pud, to light your way to the Summerlands
ImageImageImage

When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power, the world will know peace. (Jimi Hendrix)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened
Anatole France (1844-1924)

Try to remember to be more Cat like... meditate regularly, be boundless and
purr a healing vibration!

Lorraine S.

Postby Lorraine S. » 08 Nov 2012, 13:15

:candle: for Pud. And :hug: for you, my friend.

RidgeDruid
OBOD Ovate

Postby RidgeDruid » 08 Nov 2012, 15:23

Thanks everyone. We buried her out in the yard where she liked to hang out and watch the world go by.

Image Image

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 09 Nov 2012, 06:13

I'm so sorry for your loss, RidgeDruid...Pud sounds like a lovely friend. :candle: to light her way to the Summerlands and comfort to you in the days ahead. :hug:
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Susanne
OBOD Ovate

Postby Susanne » 10 Nov 2012, 12:37

:candle: I'm so sorry RidgeDruid.
To lose our animal buddies is one of the hardest things, but I'm sure she still hanging out in the yard watching the world go by & keeping an eye on you too!

RidgeDruid
OBOD Ovate

Postby RidgeDruid » 18 Nov 2012, 19:41

We planted a big redbud tree next to her grave and slightly downhill so that her remains will feed it. Give her somewhere to hang out when she visits :)

Image Image

Broc
OBOD Ovate

Postby Broc » 01 Apr 2013, 15:02

This post is in remembrance of our beloved dog, Toggle 1997 - 2013. She left us on 29th January and we miss her terribly.
ImageImageImage
( Broc, formerly Heulwen)

“The earth has music for those who care to listen.”
― George Santayana

Jasper
OBOD Bard

Postby Jasper » 01 Jul 2015, 07:50

My boy got put to sleep tonight. He was a good dog. Go and play boy be young again. I love you.

Return to “Rainbow Bridge”