Gabe

This subforum is reserved for posts honoring the memory of pets or other animal friends who now wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Snægl
OBOD Ovate

Gabe

Postby Snægl » 22 Sep 2008, 16:42

Gabe went out "drinking" with his buddies last Wednesday evening and never came back.

He taught me that safety is not happiness. I know the little scrapper is off having a grand adventure wherever he is.
Attachments
Gabe.jpg
Gabe.jpg (18.54 KiB) Viewed 2365 times
Forþan bið andgit æghwær selest ferðes foreþanc. :zen:
Therefore, in every respect understanding is best, and deliberation of spirit.
-- Beowulf 1059–1060
ImageImageThe Druid's Well Blog

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Re: Gabe

Postby Aylyn » 23 Sep 2008, 10:49

So Sorry to hear this, every time my girl go out, I fear they won't come back. But you are right - keeping them indoors all the time out of fear does not do any good.

:candle: :candle: :candle: for Gabe and :hug: for you

Image Image Two things are in abundance in the universe: hydrogen and stupidity.

Please help my dragons grow: Image

Snægl
OBOD Ovate

Postby Snægl » 23 Sep 2008, 16:30

Thank you so much for your empathy, but I have good news:

At 5:30 this morning, the little furball was yowling at the top of his lungs on the front porch for breakfast!

I must admit that I'm rather embarrassed for having posted this--I was going to take it down this morning, but you posted your kind comments before I could get to it. :oops: But I seriously thought we had lost him after not seeing him for nearly a week.

Thank you so much again, and I am so glad I was wrong! :yay:
Forþan bið andgit æghwær selest ferðes foreþanc. :zen:
Therefore, in every respect understanding is best, and deliberation of spirit.
-- Beowulf 1059–1060
ImageImageThe Druid's Well Blog

Bran-Raeven
OBOD Bard

Postby Bran-Raeven » 24 Sep 2008, 16:24

A-PHEW! :yay:

Just had a lump in my throat because last year we lost your wild little fearless tiger Mika out in the woods after he had survived so many urban neighbourhoods... He also was a child of freedom and would never have accepted living inside.

I'm so glad your stray tiger is back and hope he had fun wherever he was!
My cats loved to play this trick on me... I know precisely how desperate it feels, so no worries for your post.

Greetings, Raeven

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Postby Aylyn » 25 Sep 2008, 10:18

Don't worry, I think it is nice that at least one of the epitaphs turns out to be wrong :-)

I can relate to the feeling: My cats went out yesterday morning, and when I had to leave, I was unsure whether they had come back. When I returned home in the evening, none was to be found. Since I have just recently moved, I feared they would have gone out, then not been able to return and taken off. Turns out they were just hiding at home, giving me a fright... :roll:

Image Image Two things are in abundance in the universe: hydrogen and stupidity.

Please help my dragons grow: Image

queenbeebear
OBOD Bard

Postby queenbeebear » 26 Sep 2008, 08:02

Really happy Gabe the explorer is back. Thats cats for you....totally their own "person"
:yay:
Blessings,
QBB
XXX
BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD

Return to “Rainbow Bridge”