Bees

This subforum is reserved for posts honoring the memory of pets or other animal friends who now wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Jingle
OBOD Ovate

Bees

Postby Jingle » 09 Feb 2009, 18:40

:hug: :candle:
My friend lost 7 of 8 colonies due to vandals knocking over the hibernating hives.
We are all devastated.

I hope they are all happily collecting nectar on the other side of the bridge.

:hug: :candle:
Another friend lost his only colony when the weather warmed and the queen thought it was spring. The brood tended the eggs and didn't return to the area with the food before it turned cold again.

I hope the warmth on the other side of the bridge brings a never ending bloom.
Light,

Jingle

ImageImage :ioho: :recycle:
2008 IL
2009 BS
---------------
Young and alone on a long road, Once I lost my way: Rich I felt when I found another; Man rejoices in man. ~ Hávamál
----------------
Avatar edited from http://www.hawkmountain.org - watching and protecting our magnificent birds of prey...

Snægl
OBOD Ovate

Re: Bees

Postby Snægl » 09 Feb 2009, 19:48

This was so horrible. I couldn't believe the destruction when I was the pictures.

:candle:
Forþan bið andgit æghwær selest ferðes foreþanc. :zen:
Therefore, in every respect understanding is best, and deliberation of spirit.
-- Beowulf 1059–1060
ImageImageThe Druid's Well Blog

Jingle
OBOD Ovate

Postby Jingle » 09 Feb 2009, 20:25

Yes, I spent the afternoon with the beekeeper and his family yesterday. We'll help rebuild after the thaw, but all of the frames are devastated. New colonies will be introduced into the salvaged hives, but everyone loses. The bees died, the farmer gets a lot less pollination, there will be no honey, and the mead will be made from someone else's honey this year.

Tragic. These little creatures are his babies. The community will band together, but only the bees can rebuild the combs.
Light,

Jingle

ImageImage :ioho: :recycle:
2008 IL
2009 BS
---------------
Young and alone on a long road, Once I lost my way: Rich I felt when I found another; Man rejoices in man. ~ Hávamál
----------------
Avatar edited from http://www.hawkmountain.org - watching and protecting our magnificent birds of prey...

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 09 Feb 2009, 22:04

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Kat Lady
OBOD Druid

Postby Kat Lady » 09 Feb 2009, 23:39

Oh Jingle! This is awful! :-(
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.--Mark Twain

nizzie

Postby nizzie » 10 Feb 2009, 00:12

:candle: Wish I could do something more to help.

Lady Nimue
OBOD Ovate
Location: Avalon...upon my Dragon, journeying to Anglesey and the Isle of Merlyn

Postby Lady Nimue » 10 Feb 2009, 00:44

Such senseless violence against life.

Im so sorry....I believe their energy will come full circle.

Blessings
Lady Nimue-
Guardian of "MERLYN'S GROVE AT AVALON GLYN"...... a Certified OBOD Sacred Grove and Certified National Wildlife Refuge.
"I Walk with the Animals"

ImageImageImageImagegive vegitarianism a try!

Papillon

Postby Papillon » 10 Feb 2009, 02:30

Guys there are so many problems worldwide with bee colonies. To hear of a colony destroyed because of human (loosely speaking) vandalism really makes me want to spit.

Honey is one of the most important medical foods we have. I have solved so many medical problems with honey, from open wounds to internal gastronomic issues, and also improved my immunity system, all with honey.

Every country is suffering problems anyway, for idiots to vandalise hives as well is the last straw.

All of a sudden I would love to be a judge in charge of a case involving vandalism to a beehive... Prison is the least they would get!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankly I wonder if sometime Humans are the least worthwhile creatures on tis planet.
Bright Blessings

2009 IL

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Postby Bracken » 10 Feb 2009, 12:58

Frankly I wonder if sometime Humans are the least worthwhile creatures on tis planet.
No, Papillon darling. No, we're not.

Return to “Rainbow Bridge”