Anakin and other cats

This subforum is reserved for posts honoring the memory of pets or other animal friends who now wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Suzanne Tumnus
OBOD Druid

Anakin and other cats

Postby Suzanne Tumnus » 11 Mar 2010, 21:58

Anakin, our outside cat was "bottle fed" by my husband, for a while, until his foster mother took him in with her kittens. He was a lovely black cat, with a white spot under his chin. He came for walks along the lane with me and the dog Rowan, and was always wrapping himself around my ankles as I walked up the garden. then one day a couple of weeks ago, there he was on the road. silent and still. I picked him up, hoping he was alive, but alas. I held his warm body, and couldnt let him go. I held onto him for what seemed an age until all of a sudden, the words "its Ok, baby, you can go now" and I laid him down. We have lost many cats this year, after adopting 9 in addition to our five (now sadly 3) when next door got repossessed. Blackthorn lay down in the long grass of summer, others disappeared when the new neighbours moved in, another lay down in the first snow of last winter. and now Anakin has gone too. I love my cats, some are a pain, but they are all lovely. we now have 6 left, 3 inside, 3 outside almost Ferral. For the ones that have gone, I am creating a garden, where their bodies lie. They had reached enlightenment, to live as a cat. I am honoured to have been part of thier lives, and grateful that they wre part of mine.

Fly with the Buzzards, my beautiful boys.

xxx
There is a time and a place for everything - mine is HERE and NOW.

Mafalda
OBOD Ovate

Re: Anakin and other cats

Postby Mafalda » 11 Mar 2010, 23:14

They will always be part of you!
:candle: For your friends, and that they keep lightning your life...
:hug: For you, you should be proud of yourself for being in threir lifes...
Our true nature and path it is in each one of us! We just have to remember.. We are part of all that exists.. and everything is part of us!

http://www.anaseguro.dk
http://www.wordsinthewind81.blogspot.com

Image Image
2009 SB 2010 IL

oaklight
OBOD Druid

Postby oaklight » 12 Mar 2010, 18:15

I am so sorry for your loss. I have two precious kitties myself, and I know how I'd feel... :-(
"I do not seek the sanction of others for my right to exist, nor do I recognize the good of others as a justification for their seizure of my property or their destruction of my life." --Hank Rearden
ImageImage

Suzanne Tumnus
OBOD Druid

Postby Suzanne Tumnus » 27 Mar 2010, 18:57

Thank you for your kind thoughts, I have been given 2 oak tree saplings, which I'm going to put in that part of the garden.

Cats are wonderful companions

Enjoy their company!!:kitty:

Suzanne
There is a time and a place for everything - mine is HERE and NOW.

Return to “Rainbow Bridge”