Henry, a year on

This subforum is reserved for posts honoring the memory of pets or other animal friends who now wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Andrea ferch Taliesin

Henry, a year on

Postby Andrea ferch Taliesin » 07 Dec 2010, 14:50

October 14th was my birthday, and the first anniversary of the passing of our beloved old dog Henry. We all feel him close to us.
knowledge is the acquisition of information, wisdom is the utilisation of knowledge. Andrea ferch Taliesin, OBOD Bard. Formerly known as MamaKaos

merryb
OBOD Ovate

Re: Henry, a year on

Postby merryb » 08 Dec 2010, 10:21

Hi,

What a privelege to have Henry in your lives. Dogs do weave themselves into our heart.

My lovely dog Dee lived until he was 18 years old I still miss him but my new dog pops makes me laugh and then reminds of the fun we had with Dee. Pops came to me after a year of being tied up she was wild and a real handful and I used to mutter Dee didn't do that but then I would recall how naughty Dee was how obstinate.... Pops has woven herself into our hearts and also opened the door to lovely,fun and happy memories of Dee.

I hope the gift of Henry's love, loyality and the fun he gave you brings joy even now into your lives.

With blessings
Merry B.

Andrea ferch Taliesin

Postby Andrea ferch Taliesin » 08 Dec 2010, 12:36

We had Henry for 12 years. He was the dog my partner Cath always wanted and never had. What made him really special is that Cath has epilepsy. If she had a fit at home, he would come and get me so that I could look after her. Even more amazingly, there were several occasions when Cath was out taking him for a walk and had a fit and I would get a phone call from complete strangers saying that they had found a lady lying on the floor. When I asked how they had got my number, it became apparent that if Cath had a fit, Henry would sit patiently by her side until somebody came to help. They would then find our phone number on his collar and call me! On the day that we had to put him to sleep (he had pancreatic cancer) Cath told the vet about how he had saved her life so many times. We weren't the only ones with tears in our eyes in that consulting room! when it became obvious that Henry wouldn't be around much longer,we went to the local dog's home and found Indy, a rescue dog. It has been hard work building a new relationship with a dog with so many "issues", but well worth it. She now enriches our lives in her own way. Not a replacement, a great addition in her own right.
knowledge is the acquisition of information, wisdom is the utilisation of knowledge. Andrea ferch Taliesin, OBOD Bard. Formerly known as MamaKaos

merryb
OBOD Ovate

Postby merryb » 09 Dec 2010, 10:25

Oh what a wonderful being Henry was, he has earned his angel wings. I wish you and Cath joy with Indy and may her issues dissolve away through the love and care you are giving her.

With blessings

Have a happy Yule

Peace and love to Henry in his transition to the other world.

Merryb

Return to “Rainbow Bridge”