For my darling Tim

This subforum is reserved for posts honoring the memory of pets or other animal friends who now wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
shirley mclaren
OBOD Ovate

For my darling Tim

Postby shirley mclaren » 20 Jun 2013, 15:40

RIP my darling Tim. You were a cat in a million. You never bit or scratched anyone and had the most loving nature. We were together for 11 years from when we picked you up from a cat rescue centre, when you were 4 years old. No-one wanted you but we did. You were never ill and only visited the vet once a few months ago to have some teeth removed, and we had you checked over and you were given a clean bill of health. However, the end was as sudden as it was devastating when you were diagnosed with an incurable illness last Friday. To keep you longer would only mean pain and suffering both for you and for us, so you were put to sleep last Friday. I miss you so much Tim, my heart is broken. I hope we will meet again one day on the Rainbow Bridge.
Try to live each day as if it were your last

Blyth
OBOD Ovate

Re: For my darling Tim

Postby Blyth » 23 Jun 2013, 13:50

Oh Shirley, I am so sorry to hear the sad news about Tim. Sending you love and healing thoughts. I am sure you and Tim will meet again on Rainbow Bridge. :hug:
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
— Mahatma Gandhi

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 23 Jun 2013, 16:55

I am so sorry for your loss, Shirley. :candle: to light Tim's way to the Summerlands where he'll wait for you near the Bridge. :rainbow: He'll be in good company.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

feranaja
OBOD Bard

Postby feranaja » 27 Jun 2013, 23:09

A Poem for all of us who love cats..and we are many.

The Cat’s song
By Marge Piercy

Mine, says the cat, putting out his paw of darkness.
My lover, my friend, my slave, my toy, says
the cat making on your chest his gesture of drawing
milk from his mother’s forgotten breasts.

Let us walk in the woods, says the cat.
I’ll teach you to read the tabloid of scents,
to fade into shadow, wait like a trap, to hunt.
Now I lay this plump warm mouse on your mat.

You feed me, I try to feed you, we are friends,
says the cat, although I am more equal than you.
Can you leap twenty times the height of your body?
Can you run up and down trees? Jump between roofs?

Let us rub our bodies together and talk of touch.
My emotions are pure as salt crystals and as hard.
My lusts glow like my eyes. I sing to you in the mornings
walking round and round your bed and into your face.

Come I will teach you to dance as naturally
as falling asleep and waking and stretching long, long.
I speak greed with my paws and fear with my whiskers.
Envy lashes my tail. Love speaks me entire, a word

of fur. I will teach you to be still as an egg
and to slip like the ghost of wind through the grass.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, they teach - if we listen- and they give, and then they're gone. Feeling your pain today as I lost one only 3 weeks ago too. May time soften the edges of this hurt, and gratitude for presence both physical and spiritual fill your heart..

Willowen
OBOD Bard

Postby Willowen » 02 Jul 2013, 05:23

RIP my darling Tim. You were a cat in a million. You never bit or scratched anyone and had the most loving nature. We were together for 11 years from when we picked you up from a cat rescue centre, when you were 4 years old. No-one wanted you but we did. You were never ill and only visited the vet once a few months ago to have some teeth removed, and we had you checked over and you were given a clean bill of health. However, the end was as sudden as it was devastating when you were diagnosed with an incurable illness last Friday. To keep you longer would only mean pain and suffering both for you and for us, so you were put to sleep last Friday. I miss you so much Tim, my heart is broken. I hope we will meet again one day on the Rainbow Bridge.
Dear Shirley I am so sorry you lost Tim, and I believe you will meet again. I also believe that friends (animals) we lose go a place where they can happily run free without pain. May you find some peace in this.
"The Way itself is a strengthening of spirit, a growing closer to the balance that governs the world. Progress is slow along the Way, but every step of the journey is like a note in the oldest tune of all. When you have the tune complete, you complete yourself." from Moonheart by Charles De Lint

shirley mclaren
OBOD Ovate

Postby shirley mclaren » 02 Jul 2013, 16:26

Thank you all for your kind words. I am coming to terms with the loss of Tim gradually, but tears are never far away.
Try to live each day as if it were your last

Return to “Rainbow Bridge”