Goodbye Seeta

This subforum is reserved for posts honoring the memory of pets or other animal friends who now wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Goodbye Seeta

Postby ShadowCat » 25 Jul 2015, 08:48

Last thursday my parents made the hard decision to help our elderly tabby cat Seeta cross the rainbow bridge. She was one of the last links to my childhood and her passing is a painful reminder of how relentlessly time passes.

Seeta was only a tiny orphaned kitten when we took her in. I was a girl of 17, living at home still and took care of her intensively for as long as I lived there. When I moved out at age 19, I couldn't take her with me. She spent a few weeks waiting for me to get home by the front door every night, like she would to when I went out on weekends. Then, realising I was gone for good (bar the occasional visit) she turned to my brother and ignored me whenever I visited.

That has been 18 years ago. Since then I've moved house again (in which house three cats decided to move in to too), my brother became a dad and husband, we said goodbye to our last grandmother, my parents retired and Seeta was still with us as this little steady value in fur we all adored. In the last year we saw her becoming an elderly lady. Skinny, sometimes a bit confused, but still higly spirited. She became gentler though, enjoying a careful cuddle more than before. I've sat with her a lot in these last weeks. Talking about "old times" as we girls can do that.

Yesterday, when my parents came over and told me, I realised how much life changes every day. Just like the little fleeriddled troublesome kitten dangling from the drapes became an elderly catlady with the usual ailments of oldage in what seemed the blink of an eye, we too changed as much as a family. I see now, that my parents aren't young anymore. My inlaws both passed in this last year and a half. The relentlessness of time passing is aweinspiring, and yet weirdly beautiful. Not something to fight, but something to savour. Everyday is different than the one before.

Carpe Diem
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: Goodbye Seeta

Postby Heddwen » 25 Jul 2015, 09:56

Blessings upon Seeta's passing :candle:

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 25 Jul 2015, 22:15

I'm so sorry for your loss, ShadowCat. Blessings on her journey.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Hennie
OBOD Druid

Postby Hennie » 26 Jul 2015, 01:00

Wonderful how death, well perceived, can enrich life, doesn't it? Wishing you strength,

adiantum
OBOD Ovate

Postby adiantum » 26 Jul 2015, 05:58

Be aware of your dreams the next while, and she may come to you! My old kitty who was my primary companion for 18 years still comes to me from time to time in the dreamworld.....even over a year later....
"But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care. And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task,…If anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I also am a steward. Did you not know?’--Tolkien
ImageImage

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 26 Jul 2015, 15:55

Sorry to hear about your cat Seeta :( you have a wonderful way of perceiving her progression through life.
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

Carbonscorpion
OBOD Bard

Postby Carbonscorpion » 26 Jul 2015, 23:25

What a wonderful perspective on life Seeta has imparted to you, blessings upon her journey. My wife works in veterinary medicine, as such our house is always full of cats (currently 5). It is amazing the stability of love and companionship animals can provide us. Carpe Diem, indeed!

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 27 Jul 2015, 08:19

Thank you all so much for your kind words...

:panther:
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 28 Jul 2015, 16:48

So sorry for your loss... :-( :candle: