weight watchers

Discuss health and harmony of the body, spirit, the Earth, and environment...
Forum rules
Prior to administering anything, homeopathic or conventional to anyone's diet, pets especially, we feel that personal health history must be considered, and a medical professional should be consulted. There are many instances where even the most "harmless" additive has had contraindications and caused more harm than good. We believe everyone here is responsible and understands that, but it is important to re-state.
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Woodfox
OBOD Druid

weight watchers

Postby Woodfox » 07 Jan 2008, 08:38

Just wondering if anyone else is a member of weight watchers? I'm a member of weight watchers online in the UK and I thought it'd be nice to have a diet buddy.
Blessings,
Woodfox
Image ImageImage

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Re: weight watchers

Postby Aylyn » 07 Jan 2008, 11:48

New years resolutions - I have been thinking of joining, but have not started yet. Maybe I need a push :grin:

Image Image Two things are in abundance in the universe: hydrogen and stupidity.

Please help my dragons grow: Image

shirley mclaren
OBOD Ovate

Postby shirley mclaren » 07 Jan 2008, 13:09

Whilst I do not wish to say anything detrimental about WW; they do some sterling work. However, when you have achieved the weight loss you desire with their instruction, what about afterwards? A work colleague lost a great deal of weight via WW a couple of years ago, and it has stayed off. However, I see her eating a bowl of tomatoes (for example) for her lunch - how can you live the rest of your life on that?

BB

Shirley
ALL THAT WE ARE IS THE RESULT OF WHAT WE HAVE THOUGHT

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Postby Bracken » 07 Jan 2008, 13:12

Sisters, you are beautiful. :hug:

Creirwy
OBOD Ovate

Postby Creirwy » 07 Jan 2008, 13:51

A while ago I started on the online core plan and lost a few lbs! But then I started to get bored of it and couldn't justify spending money on the site for a food diary and points calculator. But I still keep the core plan in mind as its more for keeping a healthy diet for life (and points for naughty food) rather than everything is a point.

And even thinking about just a bowl of tomatoes for lunch makes me feel hungry! I couldn't eat like that hehe.

serenarian
OBOD Ovate

Postby serenarian » 07 Jan 2008, 14:01

I don't go to Weight Watchers but I do go to Slimming World and have found it fantastic. I've shed four stone already - only two more to go! :grin:
ImageImage

ImageSeminar Speaker September 2008 - http://www.druidry.org/board/dhp/viewto ... 26&t=29469

Image2008 IL

“You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop” – Rumi

http://www.kimblewitchery.co.uk

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Postby Aylyn » 07 Jan 2008, 18:14

Whilst I do not wish to say anything detrimental about WW; they do some sterling work. However, when you have achieved the weight loss you desire with their instruction, what about afterwards?
The trouble with fat cells is that they fill up every time you eat... And with a metabolism like mine, eating like a small bird is the only solution. I am the product of 100 generations of starvation - every calorie is cherished by my body. So yes, you will have to resign yourself to tomatoes for most of your life. On the other hand - I always knew that I would make it through the desert on two figs, leaving all those slimmer people behind, because I CAN hunger. It has been a survival trait for all my ancestors.
Sisters, you are beautiful. :hug:
Thanks MamaB, but sometimes, I would like to fit into size 14 :grin:

Image Image Two things are in abundance in the universe: hydrogen and stupidity.

crystall_child
OBOD Druid

Postby crystall_child » 07 Jan 2008, 19:52

I'm not a member of weight watchers, although I should be! My main reason for not joining is basically that I don't have an evening free! I do know what good work though do though because I was a Leader for them for over 8 years! This is now 10 years ago though and the pounds have no respect for my former status as a role model, and they add to their ranks a bit as each year passes!
I believe in god, but I spell it NATURE

ImageImageImage ImageImageImage

Rhodonit

Postby Rhodonit » 07 Jan 2008, 20:18

Hm, no I don't go to weight watchers but I started the no-carb-alimentation (first it's no carb, then it's low carb :wink: ) by Atkins some days ago. I started quite often last year :oops: :D
It always makes me feel much better when I live like that. My mind is more "awake", I am not tired after eating and I am much fitter as I have been before. I would honestly recommend it.
Maybe anyone here has made experiences with Atkins?

Bye,
Rhodo

Severina
OBOD Bard

Postby Severina » 07 Jan 2008, 20:32

Hi Debbi,

yes i'm a member. I love it. :) You can eat so much and such varied food and I often have trouble eating all my points in a day.

I have done it before and lost 2 stone (after I had my child who is now three :grin: ) It really does work.

Over the last year I have been comfort eating terribly :whistle: I only re-joined last week after the holiday season. My weigh-in day is Thursday so I will let you know how I get on. Fingers crossed.

Shirley - I feel sorry for your poor friend eating a bowl of tomatoes (or similar) You can literally eat what you like as long as you count the points (or if it's on your no cout list)

Serenarian - way to go! :yay: Congratulations. You are an inspiration to us all.

Good luck girls and boys with your weight loss,

:)
Severina

Turtle
Location: Here and there and everywhere - fancy coming along?

Postby Turtle » 07 Jan 2008, 20:42

Just wondering if anyone else is a member of weight watchers? I'm a member of weight watchers online in the UK and I thought it'd be nice to have a diet buddy.
Hi Debbi,

Not weight watchers, but I have been dieting since september to get back to a more healthy weight. I have 1,5 kilo to go and then I will have reached my goal and need to maintain that healthier weight (and diet).

I used a diet that is very big over here in Holland (Sonja Bakker) and that focusses basically on having three main meals throughout the day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and two or three in between moments.
The idea is that you eat basically anything as long as it is fresh, varied and low fat. I didn't find it that hard to keep up and lost about a kilo a week when I started. Now it's a bit slower, but as long as there's progress I am happy.

My wake up call came when I saw the pictures my friend made at our lughnasad celebration. I felt deeply unhappy about how i looked in those. Plus my body mass index was scaring, 45% bodyfat. For someone with a family history of heart attacks at an early age that was a hughe scare.

I feel much better and fitter now!

Turtle

LadyCelt

Postby LadyCelt » 07 Jan 2008, 22:03

Hi Debbi,

I'm on WW online in the US. At one time I hit my goal weight on it, and stayed there so long I decided I didn't need WW anymore.

Um, well, I'm back on it. LOL

I'm not sure if I'd be the best buddy for you right now - I'm getting ready to have foot surgery and I'm sure that'll derail me for a while.

I'm on the message boards as "carolanivey", usually hanging out on the Spiritual Space section. I'm not sure if they're different boards than in the UK, though.

Good luck! You can do this!
"I wasn't born to live someone else's idea of my life." ~ Carolan Ivey
Ord Brighideach: Image Image Image

LadyCelt

Postby LadyCelt » 07 Jan 2008, 22:08

However, when you have achieved the weight loss you desire with their instruction, what about afterwards?
WW helped me change my entire relationship with food. I did it by myself, no meetings, online only. Then I got over-confident and let my online membership lapse. Gradually I slipped back into my old way of eating, forgetting about portion sizes and convincing myself that that one extra bit couldn't hurt.

I didn't gain all the weight back, but I regained a significant chunk of it. I need to relearn those lessons!

Maybe there are people who can go it on their own once the weight is lost - I'm apparently not one of them.
"I wasn't born to live someone else's idea of my life." ~ Carolan Ivey
Ord Brighideach: Image Image Image

Coren

Postby Coren » 08 Jan 2008, 05:43

Dec 3, 2007 was the day I started my new diet. I eat everything I use to eat just not as much and not as late at night. I have cut all carbonated drinks out of my diet. I started Dec 3 at 377lbs. I have weighed in today at 359lbs. It can be done without spending money on fad diets.

But if you are the type of person that needs a structured routine then I suggest looking into the Zone diet by Dr. Sears.

Coren
"The quest for knowledge begins with the death of ignorance." - Coren

Lady Nimue
OBOD Ovate
Location: Avalon...upon my Dragon, journeying to Anglesey and the Isle of Merlyn

Postby Lady Nimue » 08 Jan 2008, 14:42

Hi all....and welcome to our new members! :)

I would like to echo what was said above...you are all Goddess, and are beautiful. I wish you all luck in reaching your goals to improve your health...but I would like to add a "magical" bit of advise if I may? :)
The Universe wants us to have what we desire, and in my experience, works on a primarily "positive" axis. So, if one says that they "LOST" weight...the Universe is determined to help you find it...not exactly desired outcome. :) One of my Spiritual teachers belonge to WW, and she insisted that it was important to phrase weight loss goals as such..."I wish to reduce my weight by.......lbs". This, I believe is the verbage that will work best when sending our goal into the Universe.

A bit of Magic...a bit of restraint and excersise, and a knowledge that you are perfect already.

Luv and support to you, Sisters! :hug:
Lady Nimue-
Guardian of "MERLYN'S GROVE AT AVALON GLYN"...... a Certified OBOD Sacred Grove and Certified National Wildlife Refuge.
"I Walk with the Animals"

ImageImageImageImagegive vegitarianism a try!

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 08 Jan 2008, 16:19

Excellent points Lady Nimue!

Our subconscious is very literal, so any form of negative will wind up having the opposite effect of what we intend!

Thanks for the reminder.

BB
Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Postby Aylyn » 08 Jan 2008, 18:16

I would like to echo what was said above...you are all Goddess, and are beautiful.
Yep, that is what I keep telling myself, and it works as long as I pass no mirrors.

No honestly, there are far too many unrealistic expectations. When I see myself in a mirror (especially naked), in a way I am apalled on being so fat. On another way, I have to admit that yes, I could be slimmer, but I have always been small and compact, no amount of wishful thinking will turn me into a catwalk model, and quite frankly, I look okay. Maybe it is due to the fact that we only catch glimpses of ourselves rather than a full-on picture all day that make us so shocked when we GET to see ourselves....

I have given up on being slim, that has never worked, so I need to accept that. What I want is more fitness, I hate being out of breath at the top of the stairs (18 in total...)
A bit of Magic...a bit of restraint and excercise...
Can we keep the magic and cut out the restraint and exercise, please???? :thinking:

Severina
OBOD Bard

Postby Severina » 08 Jan 2008, 22:07

When I see myself in a mirror (especially naked), in a way I am apalled on being so fat.

Aylyn,

are you joking? I have seen your picture in the 'post a picture' section. You are lovely. Very pretty, beautiful eyes and most definitley not fat!

I know it's up to all of us how we feel and people smaller that me would think I am large and people larger than me would think I am okay.

But honestly my friend, you are just fine. If you want to reduce your weight (thanks Lady Nimue, it does make sense to be specific) then that is your choice - but know that you are not fat. Heck, you're not even 'cuddly' from what I can see.

:)
Severina

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Postby Aylyn » 09 Jan 2008, 11:06

Thanks for the Heads up, Severina, it is very much appreciated. However, with a BMI of 33 I am officially Obese :-(

Anyway, it does not really show since, as I said, I have a body form that is very compact, so I can increase or decrease my weight by a stone without having to change clothes, funny enough. It is just my perception of myself (I should look like my avatar, and get a fright when the mirror does not reflect this...) that does not conform. I need a shift in perception... And more fitness...

Seabhag
OBOD Bard

Postby Seabhag » 10 Jan 2008, 18:50

hi all

i have an immune disorder that affects my liver and recently i have been feeling really awful (being polite here :whistle: ) and was given a bit of a shock when my recent blood tests results were the worst they have ever been. my doctor suggested i did some exercise to ease the fatigue i feel and that i could do with loosing some weight maybe by counting calories.

so i have started exercising using yogalates (with resistance bands) and yoga dvds choosing whichever if feel like doing each morning my energy levels are now sky high :yay: and i am "watching" what i eat and i have stopped eating meals late evenings. so far i have lost a couple of pounds but to me the most important thing is that i feel absolutely great :) .

bright blessings

seabhag
only when the last tree had died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we cannot eat money
(19th century cree indian proverb)

Return to “Health and Healing”