weight watchers

Discuss health and harmony of the body, spirit, the Earth, and environment...
Forum rules
Prior to administering anything, homeopathic or conventional to anyone's diet, pets especially, we feel that personal health history must be considered, and a medical professional should be consulted. There are many instances where even the most "harmless" additive has had contraindications and caused more harm than good. We believe everyone here is responsible and understands that, but it is important to re-state.
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Woodfox
OBOD Druid

Re: weight watchers

Post by Woodfox » 16 May 2008, 07:39

15 lbs lost since November!! Woowoo! Last week I was particularly active. Pushing a pram around a lot really helps I think. And I've gone down one size in clothes! :cloud9:

Hope everyone else is doing well too!

Debbi
Blessings,
Woodfox
Image ImageImage

karin_68

Post by karin_68 » 16 May 2008, 10:31

Wow, that is wonderfull!!!

Congratulations!

Seabhag
OBOD Bard

Post by Seabhag » 28 May 2008, 22:35

hi :hiya:

well i have reached my first "milestone" i have reduced my weight from 15st to 14st :yay: and i am still feeling fantastic :)

hows everyone else doing?

bright blessings
only when the last tree had died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we cannot eat money
(19th century cree indian proverb)

Badger Bob
OBOD Druid

Post by Badger Bob » 29 May 2008, 08:44

On another board that I frequent (UK Climbing) there is a weekly thread called Fit Club where everybody posts their successes or failures for the week. No starting weights (for the sake of embarrassment), just what has been lost/gained and how much exercise has been done. Participants post their results between sunday and tuesday-ish then the rest of the week is given over to support and chat about health. Would a similar Dieting Druids Club (Decreasing Druids? The Grove of Waistline Reduction?) be of help to anyone here?

There is always room for one more reason to step away from the fridge!

Turtle
Location: Here and there and everywhere - fancy coming along?

Post by Turtle » 29 May 2008, 08:44

Seabhag wrote:hi :hiya:

well i have reached my first "milestone" i have reduced my weight from 15st to 14st :yay: and i am still feeling fantastic :)

hows everyone else doing?
Hi there,

I lost quite some kilo's and gone down two sizes since september 2007 when I started dieting. I've managed to keep up this weight and size for about 4 months now without too much trouble. I would like to lose 2 or 3 more, but I am not that fanatical about it. Maybe having lots of salads in the summer helps (then, having not too much icecream may pose a challenge).

Turtle

Seabhag
OBOD Bard

Post by Seabhag » 29 May 2008, 22:29

hi turtle

well done in maintaining your new weight :)

i don't think anyone can ever have to much ice cream :whistle:

bright blessings
only when the last tree had died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we cannot eat money
(19th century cree indian proverb)

Loosh

Post by Loosh » 17 Aug 2008, 06:30

I just discovered this thread! I joined ww back in April and have lost 21 lbs. I choose to use the core diet plan and it has worked like magic for me. I can't exercise because of my medical condition and was getting really depressed about my weight creeping up and up over the years. I have more endurance now and I am going to stick to the plan even longer.

It feels so good to leave that weight behind for good!

Turtle
Location: Here and there and everywhere - fancy coming along?

Post by Turtle » 17 Aug 2008, 15:29

Seabhag wrote:i don't think anyone can ever have to much ice cream :whistle:
Trust me ....... you can have too much ice cream.

Put on three kilo over the summer period. I blame the ice cream, but I'm quite discplined now, so I've managed to chuck 1 kilo already !

Turtle

Woodfox
OBOD Druid

Post by Woodfox » 08 Dec 2009, 13:38

Hi all,

All that weight I lost last spring, I gained it all back! 12 lbs... nearly a full stone! But I've been told to eat wheat so I can have coeliac tests and other things, so I've just undergone a whole battery of exams and tests, not all of the results are back yet, but either way, the doctor said that all this weight I've gained back so quickly will be bloating and no matter what the results, I'm to stop eating it once the tests are done (which was yesterday). So I look forward to shifting this off again! There's a chance it's coeliac still (the biopsy's aren't back yet), and there's a chance it's a basic food allergy that is for some reason undetectable by blood test, but the tests aren't accurate, so who knows.

So here's to a wheat free Yule! Preferably a smaller me in the new year, and a much healthier 2010!

Woodfox

PS: "Decreasing Druids"... lol, I love it!
Blessings,
Woodfox
Image ImageImage

ebhadh
OBOD Druid

Post by ebhadh » 14 Jan 2010, 23:56

Hi, I am a long term member of Weight Watchers, :old: a lapsed 'Gold' member as I have reached my target before but then regained the weight, not just once but several times over. Now I have made up my mind not to let things slide again, and having almost succeeded in losing 4 stones again in the past year I am changing my habits for ever. I am now a volunteer helper at my local club and this keeps me really motivated, plus given me an insider view on the whole process! I am much less intimidated and more appreciative of the efforts to club leader and the organisation go to make it work. With over 40 years experience of trying every diet going I believe that the Weight Watchers program is the best one.

My advice is never give up on yourself, you can succeed at losing weight following the program. If something goes wrong and you slide (I fell and broke my ankle and foot, was in a wheelchair for a while) just return to the program and do it again. You are never too old to learn.

Bright Blessings

Ebhadh
May the Long-Time Sun shine upon you; All Love surround you; the Pure-Light-Within guide you all the way on.

Woodfox
OBOD Druid

Post by Woodfox » 15 Jan 2010, 09:37

I am really excited because I've ordered a Wii Fit (plus with balance board) and it'll arrive this morning. A few of my friends (online) are going to have a Wii Fit club on livejournal to keep things going. I'll post the link if anyone is interested. Just out of curiosity, does the Weight Watchers online version have a measurement for Wii Fit excercises yet?
Blessings,
Woodfox
Image ImageImage

wildenhelm
OBOD Druid

Post by wildenhelm » 25 Feb 2010, 02:42

LadyCelt wrote:Hi Debbi,

I'm on WW online in the US. At one time I hit my goal weight on it, and stayed there so long I decided I didn't need WW anymore.

Um, well, I'm back on it. LOL

I'm not sure if I'd be the best buddy for you right now - I'm getting ready to have foot surgery and I'm sure that'll derail me for a while.

I'm on the message boards as "carolanivey", usually hanging out on the Spiritual Space section. I'm not sure if they're different boards than in the UK, though.

Good luck! You can do this!
Hi
I do the on line WW thing too am a bit fed up with it at the moment as i cant keep to my 16 points a day !!
Its hard hope to get motevated as spring arrives no more stews and comfort foods :oops:
8-) years :shake: Peace

Woodfox
OBOD Druid

Post by Woodfox » 25 Feb 2010, 11:32

I'm back on WW again. Got a new account. But I'm "Ktula125" now. 125 being my ultimate goal weight. I don't think there is a Spiritual Space board on the UK version of WW online.

Anyway, week 1, down 4 lbs! Yes, I know it's all fluid, but I'm still happy with it.
Blessings,
Woodfox
Image ImageImage

mrshippy

Post by mrshippy » 04 Mar 2010, 19:27

Ive just been told i have aneamia so have to change my life style a tad..ive given up smoking, dont have caffine i dont eat meat and ive stopped drinking alcohol and im more 'unhealthy' now then when i was doing all of those things...sometimes i wonder who i killed in a previous life.....lol :whistle:

mrshippy

Post by mrshippy » 04 Mar 2010, 19:29

p.s..i had the wii fit, its fab...the secret is trying to concerntrate and not to laugh hysterically :-)

Lora
OBOD Ovate

Post by Lora » 11 Mar 2010, 23:31

I had a warning from my doc last summer after having a couple of symptoms which could indicate heart failure. I got my heart checked out plus a few other tests. All was OK in the end but it gave me a bit of a scare, and I decided it was time to stop avoiding the issue of my weight/fitness level. So since then I've been doing WW and introducing this previously-undiscovered thing called exercise into my life.

I started out with daily weekday walks then started playing Wii Fit in the winter. Now I've gone on to My Fitness Coach which is tougher and am doing the workouts 6 days a week. It's not as much fun as Wii Fit but I feel like I'm making progress with it and firming up quite a bit. I have lost (or reduced) a similar amount of weight years ago but didn't exercise, which looking back was the missing link. I feel a lot better for doing it.

By the way mrshippy, I was trying to answer your pm but your account is set up not to recieve them. Anyway, I'm not the same Lorraine as the one you were looking for. :)

elisabeth
OBOD Bard

Post by elisabeth » 12 Mar 2010, 02:39

Hi I have a reversed weightwatchin problem. I am to skinny.
I live alone and find it difficult to prepare a meal for myself because when I am alone It tastes not good and I eat badly. When I am with friends eating I eat more because I am not alone. To get my calories I have special shakes from the dokter with 400 calories but gaining weight goes slowly.
Alone at home I do not have an appatite and I eat badly.
Being underweight is just as dangerous as overweight. I have a long condition what affects the heart badly and most of the time I do not feel hungry at all
People with to juch weight is more common then underweight
I wish there was more attention to this problem. No I am not anorexic I know I am to skinny and do not like it.

BB elisabeth Kooreman
For the king for the land for the mountains
For the green valleys where dragons fly
For the glory the power to win the black lord
I will search for the emerald sword

Rhapsody of fire - Symphony of enchanted lands - Emerald sword

Peace and Love and Light

ImageImageImageImage

LadyCelt

Post by LadyCelt » 12 Mar 2010, 16:55

Alone at home I do not have an appatite and I eat badly.
I'm the same way! If I'm home by myself it doesn't seem worth the effort to cook for myself, so I either eat badly or not at all. Or I end up getting fast food, which isn't always the best thing, either.

I agree with you, underweight is just as bad as overweight. I take several medications for rheumatoid arthritis and other conditions, and sometimes I just don't have an appetite. Eating small, regular meals is the best way to lose weight - the worst thing either an underweight or overweight person can do is NOT eat, but it's tough to stuff something down your throat when just the thought of food is unappealing.
"I wasn't born to live someone else's idea of my life." ~ Carolan Ivey
Ord Brighideach: Image Image Image

elisabeth
OBOD Bard

Post by elisabeth » 13 Mar 2010, 17:35

Being underweight or overweight for both it is important to eat several small healthy meals and eat reguraly spread over the day.
For underweight you should ad healthy calories to your diet and overweight watch the calories.
the worse thing to do by overweight is going on a crash diet (stop eating) and with underweight it is eating only greasy unhealthy food, yes you gain weight but also increase your cholesterol.

bb Elisabeth
For the king for the land for the mountains
For the green valleys where dragons fly
For the glory the power to win the black lord
I will search for the emerald sword

Rhapsody of fire - Symphony of enchanted lands - Emerald sword

Peace and Love and Light

ImageImageImageImage

Dragonwyst
OBOD Bard

Post by Dragonwyst » 14 Mar 2010, 11:14

That's why I hate talking about dieting. I just have to hear the word to go add another half a kilogram!

I prefer using wording like trying eat healthily or in a balanced way. I have a lousy track record with trying to lose weight. I find it's more inclined to go if I ignore it and focus on finding something to do exercise-wise that I enjoy. I would love to get under 100kg again - being slightly over is not really acceptable, but thus far I have found every time I have been in sniffing distance of that goal, my weight has gone up again as soon I have made a mental note to "try".

The other thing I find works against me is work - I'm a nurse. From time to time I have to work overtime. The tireder I am the more I eat to try and compensate.

Return to “Health and Healing”