Breast Cancer website-One click helps others

Discuss health and harmony of the body, spirit, the Earth, and environment...
Forum rules
Prior to administering anything, homeopathic or conventional to anyone's diet, pets especially, we feel that personal health history must be considered, and a medical professional should be consulted. There are many instances where even the most "harmless" additive has had contraindications and caused more harm than good. We believe everyone here is responsible and understands that, but it is important to re-state.
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Kat Lady
OBOD Druid

Breast Cancer website-One click helps others

Postby Kat Lady » 05 Feb 2008, 14:15

Health and Healing Moderators, please feel free to move this if you feel it is better served elsewhere.

As many of you know, Cancer has become the number one killer for Americans under the age of 85. One type of cancer, Breast Cancer, has a high rate of successful treatment if detected and treated in its early stages. As you also know, the US does not have socialized medicine. Unfortunately, this means that many American women, especially those with lower incomes, do not have yearly mammograms as they have no insurance to cover the cost of the test.

The Cancer Society has arranged with corporate sponsors/advertisers to have them donate free mammograms to those that need them. However, this means that they have a daily quota of people needed to visit their website and click on the donation portion. They have issued a cry for help as they have been having difficulty meeting the required quota for the corporations to donate.

It costs nothing but a minute of your time to click on the website, well that and maybe the possibility of some obnoxious pop-ups! :grin:

So, I am putting this website here for those that may be interested in taking the moment to click for the cure: http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

And ladies, do your monthly breast examinations, especially if you are in a high risk category. (Kat steps off soap box now.)
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.--Mark Twain

Lady Nimue
OBOD Ovate
Location: Avalon...upon my Dragon, journeying to Anglesey and the Isle of Merlyn

Re: Breast Cancer wesite-One click helps others

Postby Lady Nimue » 05 Feb 2008, 14:42

Hi Kat...

This thread is perfect in this forum, and is such a worthy cause, so worthy that I have chaned it to a "sticky". I will click daily...and ask that others do the same.
We are all in this fight together.

(In fact, this site is the same as the "animal rescue site" that I requested everyone to click on daily....different tab :) )
Lady Nimue-
Guardian of "MERLYN'S GROVE AT AVALON GLYN"...... a Certified OBOD Sacred Grove and Certified National Wildlife Refuge.
"I Walk with the Animals"

ImageImageImageImagegive vegitarianism a try!

Sungmanitu

Re: Breast Cancer website-One click helps others

Postby Sungmanitu » 05 Feb 2008, 18:58

http://www.aapsj.org/view.asp?art=aapsj080352

You want to know a little about tumors/lumps go here.

Don't get uspet if your Doc knows nothing about this, Oncologists only have to do their refresher every 10 years!

So by time you get the newest treatment its probably about 15 years old.

No body will ever fight for you as hard as you will.
Sanctuary, till the end of Father time,,,,Be free[/i]

D'Arzhur
OBOD Druid

Postby D'Arzhur » 05 Feb 2008, 21:29

This afternoon I came down from my solitary hill to join the celebration of Carnaval (Mardi-Gras) in our village...and run into a girl-friend I had not seen in a year...she was wearing a beautiful scarf on her head ...and yes ...she had just received the last treatment of her chemo therapy...She is the 3rd lady I know in this tiny village of about 600 inhabitants...I am glad you posted this site Kat ! :)
D'Arzhur
Tradu/i\re
ImageImage
Image :daraoi: :awen:

D'Arzhur
OBOD Druid

Postby D'Arzhur » 29 Feb 2008, 21:49

Don't forget :)
D'Arzhur
Tradu/i\re
ImageImage

susan
OBOD Ovate

Postby susan » 01 Mar 2008, 10:27

I have just checked it out - thanks :)
2008 IL

2008 BS

"Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heal that has crushed it." -- Mark Twain

D'Arzhur
OBOD Druid

Postby D'Arzhur » 12 Mar 2008, 20:07

Click :hug:
D'Arzhur
Tradu/i\re
ImageImage

D'Arzhur
OBOD Druid

Postby D'Arzhur » 22 Mar 2008, 11:42

a little click in celebration of Life and the Spring Equinox
:hug:
D'Arzhur
Tradu/i\re
ImageImage

Corvin

Postby Corvin » 03 Dec 2008, 07:17

Small request, unless the idea is not good. Please put the clickable charities in one spot. I think people would do more this way.

Aigeann
OBOD Druid

Postby Aigeann » 12 Dec 2008, 18:00

GREAT idea! I thought we had done that so I'll look into this more.

Solstice blessings, Aigeann
ImageImage

Zylah
OBOD Ovate

Postby Zylah » 27 Jun 2010, 21:53

I'm really glad this link was here! I clicked every day for quite a while on my last two computers, but since I've had this one it failed to cross my mind to search out the website again. This served as the reminder I needed; have added to my favorites, clicked today, and will recommence daily clickage!
Where the forest murmurs there is music: ancient, everlasting.
- Fiona MacLeod

"I cannot speak well enough to be unintelligible." -- Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

MistyNightWind

Postby MistyNightWind » 17 Jul 2010, 20:46

Yes that site is brilliant :D

And don't forget to click all the others too- hunger site, rainforest, animals etc

Another great one is:

www.ecologyfund.com

Again all you have to do is CLICK! :grin:
"Only when the last tree is cut, when the last river is polluted and when the last fish is caught, will people realise that they can not eat money."
Image Image

mickey_strange
OBOD Bard

Postby mickey_strange » 02 Jun 2012, 17:18

Another good website to check out is Relay For Life. We've participated for the past three years, ever since my wife became a cancer survivor, Breast and Ovarian.

Lily
OBOD Ovate

Postby Lily » 03 Jun 2012, 09:07

Don't get uspet if your Doc knows nothing about this, Oncologists only have to do their refresher every 10 years!

So by time you get the newest treatment its probably about 15 years old.
That's how it used to be. Board certifications now have to be maintained by CME.
bright blessed days, dark sacred nights

Lily

"You cannot reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into"
-Ben Goldacre

Underwood
OBOD Bard

Postby Underwood » 11 Nov 2012, 20:58

Fab links - well done!!

Aoife
OBOD Bard

Postby Aoife » 17 Nov 2012, 04:10

My mother is a breast cancer survivor. We were lucky. Her mother had it and had one breast removed. When my mother got "the touches of it" she said "Screw it. Take them both. Do it now. JUST DO IT" and she went through a couple of doctors before one agreed to do the surgery. She had both taken off and fake ones put on (she hates them but she doesn't regret the decision) and it was gone. I guess certain doctors felt that she should have tried more "traditional" treatment first but she was a single mother and she wasn't about to take any risks. If I ever get it (heaven forbid) I plan to do the same thing. If it can be gotten rid of in the early stages that...I don't want to say "easily" because that's not right, but for lack of a better word...then it's worth it.

AidenAiden

Postby AidenAiden » 18 Jan 2013, 18:33

Drink little or no alcohol. Alcohol is associated with an improved risk of breast cancers. Women should limit intake to no more than one drink per day, regardless of the type of alcohol.Sure above link(into your post)will be referenced long into the future...

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 18 Jan 2013, 22:23

Drink little or no alcohol. Alcohol is associated with an improved risk of breast cancers. Women should limit intake to no more than one drink per day, regardless of the type of alcohol.Sure above link(into your post)will be referenced long into the future...
Breast cancer isn't just one disease; there are several different types of tumors with different biochemical and molecular characteristics. Likewise, all women aren't alike. It is true that, on average, 2-5 drinks per day tends to increase a woman's risk of getting breast cancer by 1.5 times over the risk of that non-drinkers have. Yes, it's an increased risk, but in real numbers the difference is not huge.

Please note that I'm not advocating excessive alcohol consumption—I just wanted to point out that there are few to no absolutes when dealing with breast cancer, other than that having breasts and getting older increases one's risk. See http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcanc ... sk-factors for a comprehensive list of factors that can affect a person's (men can get this cancer, too, remember) risk of developing breast cancer. (On second thought, don't follow that link. It's going to tell you more than you really want to know.)
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

ebhadh
OBOD Druid

Postby ebhadh » 06 Apr 2015, 20:51

Sobering thoughts, Selene. Still worthwhile coming here to click the link to support.

many blessings,
Ebhadh :)
May the Long-Time Sun shine upon you; All Love surround you; the Pure-Light-Within guide you all the way on.

Return to “Health and Healing”