Kombucha and Improved Dreaming

Discuss health and harmony of the body, spirit, the Earth, and environment...
Forum rules
Prior to administering anything, homeopathic or conventional to anyone's diet, pets especially, we feel that personal health history must be considered, and a medical professional should be consulted. There are many instances where even the most "harmless" additive has had contraindications and caused more harm than good. We believe everyone here is responsible and understands that, but it is important to re-state.
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
MountainGnome

Kombucha and Improved Dreaming

Postby MountainGnome » 24 Mar 2014, 21:06

I drank some kombucha last night before I went to bed, and I had very vivid dreams for several hours this morning, though I can only remember some of them.

I used to keep a dream journal regularly, and still record them sometimes. I've recorded at least a few hundred dreams since about 2002 or so, and many of them were lucid. But I got bored with it I guess and stopped doing it, and when I stopped bringing awareness to my dream habits, I stopped remembering much of them, until most nights I don't remember any dreams now. But last night was unusual.

I remember once I ate a raw morel too. I had very vivid and earthy dreams that night, about hunting in the woods for morels. I talked to someone else once about morels, and I asked him if he ever ate one raw. I didn't mention that I had, but he yes said that yes, he had, and that it gave him crazy dreams that night! So I told him that the same thing happened to me.

So this all got me to thinking ... I believe some times that big Hollywood movies have grains (sometimes very large grains) of truth embedded into them, as if to suggest radical things to the public's consciousness without doing it in a threatening way to their belief systems. In the new Star Wars movies, it's said that "the force" comes from tiny organisms in the bloodstream. Maybe this was inspired by the micro-organisms in the kombucha and raw morels that have caused my dreams to become very vivid?

I also have been waking up, and while still in a trance-like state, half asleep, I've had two "voices" suddenly press themselves into my consciousness that told me things that were accurate, such as that someone was coming and would be there soon, and sure enough as soon as I got up my mom and brother had arrived to visit.

I did a Google search and found that others also have associated kombucha with changes in their dream habits:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 955AAEt6Jc

Are you drinking the Kombucha right before bed? It is possible for Kombucha to improve your brain function so that you are more aware of your dreams. If you don't want to remember your dreams, I suggest stopping drinking it by 2 PM every day. Kombucha is a wonderful drink, full of phytonutrients, trace minerals, and great stuff!

Anyway, I just wanted to share this.

Wolf Dreamer
OBOD Druid

Re: Kombucha and Improved Dreaming

Postby Wolf Dreamer » 24 Mar 2014, 23:40

I love doing dream work and you've got me wanting to run out and get some Kombucha! I've had Kombucha many times and even brewed some once upon a time but I never thought of it as a dream enhancer. I'll have to try drinking some with dinner and see what happens.

Wolf Dreamer
:wolf:
"Follow your bliss. If you do follow your bliss you
put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while
waiting for you, and the life you ought to be living is the one you are living.
If you follow your bliss, doors will open that wouldn't have opened for anyone else."

- Joseph Campbell

MountainGnome

Postby MountainGnome » 25 Mar 2014, 01:17

Some US agency threw a fit a few years ago when they realized that raw kombucha was continuing to ferment on shelves and so the amount of alcohol present in it couldn't be strictly controlled. So now I think kombucha is mostly pasteurized so that it's not really raw anymore, at least in stores. :( But I'm sure you remember that it's very easy to make. I was drinking it from the store for a while before I decided it was too expensive to maintain this habit, and started brewing my own. That's when I really started noticing a difference.

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 25 Mar 2014, 06:15

Since kombucha (when correctly brewed) is a healer and cleanser, it's seems only logical that it enhances all kind of functions. Since dreaming can often also be healing and cleansing, helping the mind come to terms with memories, emotions and to help build ideas during the day.

I've never seen the newer starwarsmovies. I always thought of "The Force" as something more closely related to Chi/Lifeforce/whathaveyou: something permeating both the mountain's rocks and the tiniest bacteria in the soil. When speaking of energy coming forth from tiny organisms (cells) within the body I'd rather think of mitochondrea. Or, to go all "tinfoilhatish": nanothingies :grin:
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

Golden Harps are like cookies, you can never have just one
Sacred spaces and places

xidia
OBOD Ovate

Postby xidia » 25 Mar 2014, 09:31

@shadowcat

My recollection from the three new Star Wars movies is that the Force continues to just "be", whereas the "midichlorians" in the blood stream are what allows someone to sense it. The more midi-thingies one has, the stronger the Force is with that one.
</off-topic>

It was the re-release of the original Star Wars films that introduced me to the animism at the heart of my spirituality, so there is something in @bsbray's grain of truth idea in my view.

Return to “Health and Healing”