Family Constellation

Discuss health and harmony of the body, spirit, the Earth, and environment...
Forum rules
Prior to administering anything, homeopathic or conventional to anyone's diet, pets especially, we feel that personal health history must be considered, and a medical professional should be consulted. There are many instances where even the most "harmless" additive has had contraindications and caused more harm than good. We believe everyone here is responsible and understands that, but it is important to re-state.
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Bart
OBOD Ovate

Family Constellation

Postby Bart » 12 Mar 2015, 22:03

Has anybody ever tried to refer to family constellation from a Celtic point of view. I just finished a Shamanic book on it and was wondering if anybody has tried to connect the world vision of the Celts (or how they are perceived by modern druids)

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Re: Family Constellation

Postby DaRC » 13 Mar 2015, 13:08

Interesting I'd never heard of Family Constellations before
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Constellations
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

ebhadh
OBOD Druid

Postby ebhadh » 13 Mar 2015, 13:33

Hi, DaRC and Bart!

I do know that Family constellations is a shamanic area being worked with by Jill Purce in London, but her approach is through Tibetan Buddhism. It is with individuals who work back through family lineages to find and heal past trauma and welcome back and forgive souls who were shunned, mistreated etc. It is certainly a method that could be used to help and assist ancestors of any lineage. I have been to a workshop given by Jill, in which all participated in ritual working back through 7 generations of ancestor lineage to honour and recognise them. I found it a magical and deeply moving experience of connection. The work of Caitlin Matthews 'soul midwives' is similar and Caitlin's approach is truly Celtic.

many blessings,
Ebhadh :smgrove:
May the Long-Time Sun shine upon you; All Love surround you; the Pure-Light-Within guide you all the way on.

kresta
OBOD Bard

Postby kresta » 14 Mar 2015, 08:47

Hi, I'm not sure how useful this might be - my mother was interested too and attended workshops and seminar, she's always said they were enlightening. She was particularly interested in the work of Bert Hellinger (one of the seminars she attended was actually run by him). It's not from the Celtic point of view you're asking for, but it might be worth looking into. :)
Alice
Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see,
one chants out between two worlds - "Fire, walk with me".

Bart
OBOD Ovate

Postby Bart » 16 Mar 2015, 12:05

Thank you all for the input.

Myself, I have done a course in the more traditional family constellation work (based on Hellinger) afterwards I have read the book by a Dutch Shaman (Daan van Kampenhout) who reviewed the process from a shamans point of view. This was really interesting, but since the Druid/Celtic view on the soul is a bit different, I was wondering if ever somebody tried to explain it from this point of view.

The 7 generations workshop is also really powerfull. I have done that as well. Very good to get support from the Elders.

Return to “Health and Healing”