Thoughts for Helen Ticky

Discuss health and harmony of the body, spirit, the Earth, and environment...
Forum rules
Prior to administering anything, homeopathic or conventional to anyone's diet, pets especially, we feel that personal health history must be considered, and a medical professional should be consulted. There are many instances where even the most "harmless" additive has had contraindications and caused more harm than good. We believe everyone here is responsible and understands that, but it is important to re-state.
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Thoughts for Helen Ticky

Postby Aphritha » 06 Aug 2015, 16:25

Helen is a sassy semi-long haired grey(with tan) tiger striped feline, about the age of 8(we're guessing), and most likely a Cancer. Like her adoptive mother, she is prone to UTIs. Often times, cranberry caps and vitamin C do the trick for both of us, but not this time. She's been on 3 antibiotics, one of which made the infection worse, and two which took care of the issue, only to have symptoms reappear once he medication was completed. We're going to the vet for the 4th time tomorrow, as blood has reappeared in her urine(after only a few days of being off of Convenia)
Any loving or healing thoughts/prayers/energy you could send to ol' Fluffy Butt(he affectionate nickname) would be greatly appreciated by us both.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: Thoughts for Helen Ticky

Postby Heddwen » 06 Aug 2015, 16:59

Thinking of Helen (and of you all) sending healing vibes :)

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 06 Aug 2015, 19:17

All good wishes for Helen and her family. :hug:
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 07 Aug 2015, 09:52

All good kittyhealthwishes, also from the catpack here....

Also, when kitty is on antibiotics it's good to get her on probiotics too. Does she like (live culture) yogurt? If so, feed her some each day. Otherwise mix the content of half a humangrade probiotics capsule in her food daily. Ideally, if she gets oral antibiotics at night, give the probiotics in the morning (or the other way around). I've also found that cats respond really well to echinacea to boost their immunesystem, either the ground whole herb (root and leaves) or a whole-plant tincture. A pinch of wholeherb powder or about 5-10 drops of tincture daily.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

Golden Harps are like cookies, you can never have just one
Sacred spaces and places

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 07 Aug 2015, 13:53

I'm glad you told me that. We had wanted to experiment with probiotics but were afraid it would interfere with the medicine. Can't ask too many vets....they always tell me to stuff the remedies and just let the medicine do its job. Its not really doing its job, though... We tried vitamin C and cranberry caps and that seemed to prevent it from getting worse, it did not heal it. I'll definitely do as suggested. I'm going to insist on urine and blood work today before I allow another medicine. I have a fear she's becoming immune...
Thanks for the well wishing, all.

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 07 Aug 2015, 15:22

I'm glad you told me that. We had wanted to experiment with probiotics but were afraid it would interfere with the medicine. Can't ask too many vets....they always tell me to stuff the remedies and just let the medicine do its job.
My own three cats have feline herpetic sneezing disease from kittenhood (I took them in off the streets and they were already ill). Like other herpetic virusses, it never leaves the system. My vet tells me to vaccinate them yearly and give them antibiotics whenever it pops up. I've decided to give them the kittenimmunization but not yearly (we don't get vaccinated yearly too). When discussing this, he told me honestly that it can be very well that the vaccination has lifetime effect, but it is not in the interest of the producers of the vaccins to do research on how long it lasts if they can sell you on a yearly schedule.
Whenever I hear but a sneeze or a wheeze, I start them all three on a mixture of herbs for the sinusses and immunesystem, and start them on Lysine+vit B6 humangrade tabs. It kills herpetic virusses in humans (that's why it works on coldsores) and it does also kill herpetic virusses in cats. My vet follows it with professional interest, but I know he silently resents that I don't bring in that much cash :roll:

In the end it's about educating yourself, and then taking responsibility for your own choices.
You might want to read up on the literature written by dr Karen Becker for more info:
http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/he ... -cats.aspx
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 09 Aug 2015, 18:47

Thank you for the article! I added it to favorites so I can pull it up as time goes on...
She saw the vet Friday and he put her on a lower dose of clavamox for an extensive amount of time. She got a new food that is supposed to relieve and clean the bladder. I was a little concerned at this, as normally she will not eat UTI formula and I waste a considerable amount of money buying stuff that only Kore(the feline garbage disposal) will eat. But, thankfully, she loves it(and we've had to shoo the other kitties off of it). They did take blood, but were not able to get any urine as her bladder was empty. We'll hear the results tomarrow.
Are there any sources you can recommend researching? I am not in the least knowledgeable on healing matters... If this vet trip doesn't do the trick, we're going to have to go another route because our financial sources are drained, and vets aren't cheap!

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 10 Aug 2015, 07:31

Aphritha, if you want, pm me with the results of the bloodwork and the name of food and meds she's on now. I'll see if I can come up with something tomorrow.
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

Return to “Health and Healing”