Frog Losgann

Subforum for the study of the Druid Animal Oracle
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Willowen
OBOD Bard

Frog Losgann

Postby Willowen » 19 Jan 2014, 04:02

:) "Losgann unites the elements of water and earth, bringing joy, delight and healing in its singing and hopping, and leading you to the sacred spring from which you may be refreshed and renewed...Nothing is what it appears to be, and life is more fun than you at first supposed!". What a delightful card, and it is full of the wisdom that I need to reflect on at this point. "Look for the beauty and the magic behind appearances." I found so much beauty and also some renewal in getting closer to nature today. Every day seems to be a step closer to finding joy and healing. I even had a chance to spread some healing energy to others. I find that if you have joy in your heart, it is contagious! I feel like I may have been dipped in the "sacred spring".
"The frog also brings its own medicine and was seen as a healing messenger of the Mother Goddess." :rainbow: Today there is hope. The Goddess is with me. Sometimes when a person faces challenges it is easy to get bogged down and forget about all the good things in life. My advice, take a dip in the healing Spring then climb out and feel the healing energy as well as the magic of Mother Earth all around you. :terra:
"The Way itself is a strengthening of spirit, a growing closer to the balance that governs the world. Progress is slow along the Way, but every step of the journey is like a note in the oldest tune of all. When you have the tune complete, you complete yourself." from Moonheart by Charles De Lint

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Re: Frog Losgann

Postby Aphritha » 20 Jan 2014, 03:37

I love drawing the frog card! Such a charismatic, friendly creature(unless you're a fly)...
I remember when the frog brought news of my coming pregnancy...I was doing a wheel of the year reading, and pulled the frog and got the impression I'd be getting pregnant around a certain time period...and I did! And this was after almost a year of not really trying, but not preventing, either. Was starting to wonder if I was sterile lol

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 20 Jan 2014, 13:43

Ahh the Frog Goddess :o
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heqet
However, it's also worth mentioning, from a Germanic perspective, that Frigga has her house, Fensalir, in a marsh (where frogs live) and is also involved with fertility and child birth.

The image I like to think of is the Frog sitting on a Blue Lotus Flower and it also worth thinking of the metamorphosis that a Frog goes through during its life.
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 21 Jan 2014, 02:06

Very interesting!

Willowen
OBOD Bard

Postby Willowen » 21 Jan 2014, 08:27

Ahh the Frog Goddess :o
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heqet
However, it's also worth mentioning, from a Germanic perspective, that Frigga has her house, Fensalir, in a marsh (where frogs live) and is also involved with fertility and child birth.

The image I like to think of is the Frog sitting on a Blue Lotus Flower and it also worth thinking of the metamorphosis that a Frog goes through during its life.
Thank you for the information DaRC. I didn't know much about the Frog Goddess, and the metamorphosis aspect really does apply to my life right now. I wasn't anticipating an early retirement from my job :anx: , but the possibilities are endless. This is an opportunity to change and grow.
"The blue Lotus is strongly connected with Egyptian culture, and it features in many ancient paintings, and carvings. Perhaps the most well-known role of the blue Lotus flower in Egyptology is set in it’s association with the Sun, the creation, and rebirth." I found this information at lotusflowermeaning.net. For me there is so much to ponder here such as the potential for artistic creativity, the passion that can be fueled when you open yourself up to the light, and the rebirth of the Spirit after a time of darkness.
"The Way itself is a strengthening of spirit, a growing closer to the balance that governs the world. Progress is slow along the Way, but every step of the journey is like a note in the oldest tune of all. When you have the tune complete, you complete yourself." from Moonheart by Charles De Lint

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 21 Jan 2014, 13:55

Well good luck with your new opportunities; :tiphat: changing job is always difficult but the Lotus, like the Rose, shows that the most beautiful things can grow from the smelliest ordure.

Willowen
OBOD Bard

Postby Willowen » 22 Jan 2014, 05:04

Well good luck with your new opportunities; :tiphat: changing job is always difficult but the Lotus, like the Rose, shows that the most beautiful things can grow from the smelliest ordure.
Actually, my retirement is due to disability. :-( Still thank you for the encouragement. :shake:

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 23 Jan 2014, 13:18

Sorry to hear that Willowen :hug:

Return to “Druid Animal Oracle (DAO) Study Group”