New to oracle

Subforum for the study of the Druid Animal Oracle
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Animated

New to oracle

Postby Animated » 10 Feb 2015, 10:17

Hello ladies and gentleman, new to oracles i bought messengers of gaia (boodschappers van gaia) the dutch version, stunning art to be honest, but does this deck work or is there no such thing as a not working deck? And if so how do i properly use it because with the books method i got no result, yours faithfully Animated

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Re: New to oracle

Postby ShadowCat » 10 Feb 2015, 11:16

Hey Animated,

In my opinion every deck of cards is just a pile of woodpulp with ink. It's the resonance of the images with your subconsious that make the magic work: it has to feel "right" for you. As such, I think that there are no "not working decks" but there are decks that might not work for you.

The first tarotdeck I bought was the Gendron tarot and I've yet to see someone else work with that deck. Yet, when I saw it the first time, it felt like I had already seen those images before, like I knew them and could almost "dive" into them and experience the energy they portray. It still is my go-to-deck although I've worked with others on occasion.

I googled the deck and it seems to be a 50card oracle, not a tarot. Before attempting to work with the cards with the patterns in the book, start with really looking at the cards. Lay them out, look at them all and look at each seperately. Try to see and feel what they say to you, before reading the descriptions in the book. Sort them, by colour, by feeling, by story and see the differences and similarities between cards. In other words "play" with them for a few weeks, before attempting any spreads. Make notes of your own interpretations of the cards. And then, start with simple "card of the day" spreads or the three card "past present future" spread before moving on to complicated patterns.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

Golden Harps are like cookies, you can never have just one
Sacred spaces and places

Animated

Postby Animated » 10 Feb 2015, 12:53

I think i get your point, as i interpret the cards personally my intuition wil interpret them as such meaning that my intuition connects with those meanings and steer my hands in the right ditections, is this what you mean?

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 10 Feb 2015, 14:33

First you need to connect your stories and energy to the imagery of the card, that is correct. As to "guiding the hands": the relevant cards for me often drop out of the stack while shuffling. Looks odd and clumsy when working for people, but it's the way things work for me. Don't overdramatise the "picking the right card" part, it's not some mumbojumbovoodoo, but just a nice flow of coincidence.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

Golden Harps are like cookies, you can never have just one
Sacred spaces and places

Animated

Postby Animated » 10 Feb 2015, 20:14

I have looke at the cards and interpreted the deck alot of energy from them, but there were 3 cards where i felt nothing and felt confusing, so im choosing o leave these 3 out of the readings bit inside the box but now im afraid they could spread a negative energy over my other cards any advice? Thank you already for all your help

Animated

Postby Animated » 10 Feb 2015, 20:31

Update: i felt bad for making the cards negative bacause i couldnt feel them, so this might sound weirbut it felt like the right thing to do, i verbally appologised to thise 3 cards stacked them on the deck and spoke these words to the 3: kaarten het spijt me dat ik jullie niet accepteerde omdat ik jullie niet voelde dit was verkeerd ik hoopdat we elkaar ooit nog zullen aanvoelen en jullie zijn even belangrijk als alle andere kaarten accepteer alsjeblieft mijn excuses. After stacking i spoke to my whole deck: kaarten zowel bovenop als onderop terwijl ik jullie niet kan zien is elke kaart voor mij even belangrijk ik hoop dat we een mooi avontuur tegemoet kunnen gaan en samen verder komen ik vertrouw 100% op jullie. Ik voel me nu vredig met mijn hele deck

Return to “Druid Animal Oracle (DAO) Study Group”