Very simple basics - ARIES

Subforum for discussion of astrology-related topics
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Very simple basics - ARIES

Postby Crystal Dragon » 17 Nov 2006, 17:06

Whilst there have been some excellent posts on this forum, for those new to astrology we thought it might be an idea to get some interaction going and to start with some real easy basic work. ARIES being the first sign of the zodiac would seem an ideal place to start and I will also start a similar thread for the element of FIRE as this applies to Aries. If their is interest I will do the same for the other signs and elements. It is rather like doing a jigsaw, getting all the pieces laid out and then constructing the picture.

ARIES the 1st sign of the zodiac, symbolised by the RAM and the beginning of SPRING

21st March - 20 April

ARIES is a cardinal FIRE sign
(please do not worry about the term cardinal for the moment)

If you are an Aries, would you like to add to this thread with details of your personality, what are you like, etc.  and  just to get you started: being the first sign of the zodiac, Aries people like to be at the front of the queue.....

Look also at the animal, the Ram - what do you see?

And, Spring time, what energies comes to mind.......

For those interested in Tarot, Aries is linked with the Emperor in the Major Arcana.....
ImageImageImage

When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power, the world will know peace. (Jimi Hendrix)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened
Anatole France (1844-1924)

Try to remember to be more Cat like... meditate regularly, be boundless and
purr a healing vibration!

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 17 Nov 2006, 18:31

Great thread Crystal Dragon! thank you!

I'm not an Ares. My younger daughter is, and has a youthful certainty about her (as befits the first of the signs) and the stubborness of the ram. Ares to me has a youthful innocence, certainty of its own opinions, isn't at all hesitant to have those opinions, and an openness of spirit. Fiery, so a quick flaring temper and a deep love of those close to her/him. Extremely loyal to family and friends. Not too happy with criticism! (fire sign after all :grin: ) A certain trust in the goodness of everyone unless/until proved wrong. Become more mellow as they get beyond the 20s.

Just my personal opinion from observation of my daughter.

Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Postby Crystal Dragon » 18 Nov 2006, 12:17

Thanks Donata for adding to this.

Can I just add that this thread is not just intended for those who have an Aries Sun sign, it is also for those who may have an Aries Ascendant/rising sign, an Aries Moon, or perhaps like Donata, you know someone who is an Aries.
ImageImageImage

When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power, the world will know peace. (Jimi Hendrix)

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 03 Apr 2007, 07:25

I don't even know if this thread is still operational, but I thought I'd toss my hat into the ring.

Aries plays a huge role is in my chart. My moon is Aries -- in the first house, and my ascendant is Aries. I used to be embarassed by these placements until an astrologer told me that they probably saved my life. The inner warrior and all, I guess...

And there is that temper! I am still getting my computer back together after pummeling it in a fit of rage. I find that I don't get angry with people so much as I do machines, which come across as black and white, right and wrong. No, that I do not like at all! I have files strewn with destroyed instruction manuals.
"...some part of me is tree." -- Stephanie Kaza (Buddhist author)

"It takes courage to live ordinary lives." -- Connie Schultz (newspaper columnist)

:awen: :terra: :seasons:

http://www.elephants.com

Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Postby Crystal Dragon » 03 Apr 2007, 11:51

Hi Twig,

Thanks for your post and what a lot of Fire energy you have to cope with both emotionally and personality wise. I would be interested to know the placing of the Sun in your birth chart, to see how this interacts with all this energy. I also suspect that you are feeling these Fire energies more at the present time as the Sun makes its way through Aries and with the Full Moon last night. Learning to live with these energies and finding ways of controlling your temper, are perhaps  one of the challenges you have been set for this life time.  

The past few months have been very busy for me so I have not developed this thread any further as yet but if any one wants to add their thoughts I will try to reply.
ImageImageImage

Lizzy
OBOD Druid

Postby Lizzy » 03 Apr 2007, 14:39

Temper? Aries, naahhh!  :wink:

Hahaha, well, being an Aries...yes, I would say my temper has got me into trouble several times. Also my 'knight-in-shining-armour-syndrome' has been a major pain in the butt. This only applies to other people of course, because whenever I need help, I'll be damned to ask for it  :oops:

Very impulsive, agressive as well (no so much physically, but more verbally), very stubborn, known to have a razorsharp tongue, can't stand to sit and watch when people are being wronged (it's the whole knight-thing again), couragious, though you might also call it stupidity and a tremendous capacity to love.

Oh, did I mention we're kind of black & white, though the shades of grey come with the years, lol

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 05 Apr 2007, 08:02

Crystal Dragon -- my sun is in the sixth house at about 20 degrees with my Mercury hot on its tail at 19. My seventh house is the fun one, however, with Mars in opposition to my Moon and Jupiter. There is a reason I live alone!

Lizzy -- you had me cracking up!   :D    I'd never realized that Aries is into the "rescue syndrome." I've tried to "fix" so many people in my life (right, like that can be done), and it's not until I got older that the world wasn't all black and white. I had no idea that was an Aries thing, but oh yeah. "It's either right or it's wrong," ruled my self-important life philosophy until I figured out that it was really exhausting.   :grin:

"It takes courage to live ordinary lives." -- Connie Schultz (newspaper columnist)

Alasdair
OBOD Ovate

Postby Alasdair » 05 Apr 2007, 14:08

Hi Crystal Dragon,

I'm an Aries too, but consider myself an Aries/Taurus hybrid.  The first 15 or so years of my life (for some reason..) April 20 was Taurus?  At least that's what I saw on some charts.  Now April 20 is Aries, but either way I'm on the cusp.  It's pretty interesting, because there is almost a perfect polarity between earth and fire in me.  

My earth side: I've been quiet my entire life, always about my senses.  I'm all about practicality - I won't go to the supermarket now and come home If I'll be going out later.  It's a waste of time and gas/money.  I also tend to be sensual, and love massages (who doesn't? .. mmm) and anything touchy-feely.  

My Aries:  This part of me has really emerged in the past few years or so.  I'll often be really quiet for one day/week, then suddenly this fiery, impulsive, outgoing, sociable person will emerge.  It probably confuses people.  Either way, I can (pretty rare for me, maybe because of Taurus) be explosive with a temper on occasion, but I usually keep stuff internally.  This part of me LOVES adventure, challenge, adrenaline, anything fast-paced and all that.  If you haven't seen my myspace.. my aries was jumping over that car  :grin: .  It's the aries that gets me to run faster, work harder, and be stronger.  If you ever see me dancing, I'm in an Aries mood.  People generally tend to like the Aries part more, but I definitely love this balance I have, because Taurus allows me to be introspective and contemplative to balance the impulsive side. But along with this headstrong-ness definitely comes inner resistance sometimes.

It will probably be the Aries in me that ends up getting me killed, but I don't plan on doing that for at least 60 more years  :grin: .  

I also tend to be a leader (and usually consider others incompetent, or they can't see every group member's perspective, or some other flaw.. I'm pretty judgmental), and whether or not it's my ego, consider myself a damn good leader too.

I love being a Taries! Arean?  Tauries?  .. oh well
To the mind that is Still -- The whole Universe Surrenders.

Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Postby Crystal Dragon » 05 Apr 2007, 14:38

Hi Twig,

Thanks for your reply and when you say your Sun is in the 6th house, am I right in assuming that your Sun is in Virgo?

Hi Alasdair,

Thanks for your post and before I comment further on it, if you happen to know your time of birth and if you would like to pm this to me together with your date of birth and place, I would be interested in looking at your birth chart.

For many years I thought I was born 'on the cusp' between Leo and Virgo and found my sun sign changed depending on what paper/magazine I was looking in - I used to read both Leo & Virgo and go with the best one  :D

Then some years ago, my first astrology teacher stated there was no such thing as being 'on the cusp', a person is either one sign or another and it then depends on the placing of the planets, etc.  If you look under my avatar on the left, I am shown as a Leo here but in fact my Sun, Moon and Ascendant are all in Virgo.
ImageImageImage

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 06 Apr 2007, 01:37

Yep. Sun and Mercury in Virgo and a bunch of stuff in Libra. I actually have more air than earth, but I think the earth gets points for being my sun sign, right? All the planets are below the horizon.

Jingle
OBOD Ovate

Postby Jingle » 06 Apr 2007, 02:32

I've never understood much astrology until lately and realized that I am very fiery.  I've also got Sagittarius rising (whatever that means) but I do know that means I've got two fire signs.  

I've been trying to temper that fire, of late, but most of what others have said is true.  Sometimes I'm a volcano, but my anger can stop as fast as it starts.  Opinionated and loyal, I have difficulty removing "I" from my sentences.

I adore spring and the color yellow.  Daffodils, forsythia, yellow roses... I love the sun.  If the ram was a hawk, I would understand it, but I think the hawk also signifies the sun, even if it's not the animal used here.  The ram to me represents butting heads, and I've done enough of that, too.

Lately, I've felt a deep connection to the moon as well, and when the moon is full, I feel the warmth of the reflected sun.  Does that make sense?  Anyway, I'd love to hear more about Aries, and also about how the planets can actually affect your personality.  I've never quite been able to figure that one out.
Light,

Jingle

ImageImage :ioho: :recycle:
2008 IL
2009 BS
---------------
Young and alone on a long road, Once I lost my way: Rich I felt when I found another; Man rejoices in man. ~ Hávamál
----------------
Avatar edited from http://www.hawkmountain.org - watching and protecting our magnificent birds of prey...

Alasdair
OBOD Ovate

Postby Alasdair » 06 Apr 2007, 03:38

I Wouldn't doubt that Crystal Dragon.  I've personally considered myself a Taurus until about two years ago.  But, my aunt says I'm much more of a fiery person.  Who knows..
To the mind that is Still -- The whole Universe Surrenders.

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 06 Apr 2007, 07:41

I have to agree with your aunt, Alasdair. What you wrote sounds very Taurean (if that's a word). Crystal Dragon can explain more about cusps. I'm just play with astrology...

Jingle -- Yowza! "Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!"

What got me into astrology was the understanding that we are all stardust. We are all micro and macro, so what goes on "out there" affects what goes on "down here" and even inside of and around us. I've been really amazed by the charts I've had done. I wish I were able to understand more of the technical stuff, but I don't do math.   :blink:

Lizzy
OBOD Druid

Postby Lizzy » 06 Apr 2007, 10:12

I have to say I don't understand much when it comes to Astrology. I don't believe in the 'weekly' horoscopes, but I do find it fascinating to see how accurate birth-horoscopes are, at least, they were in my case and I think there is a lot to be said for Astrology as a whole, someday I would love to learn more.

Had to look up an old chart someone gave me and I noticed that also Mercurius and Jupiter are in Aries, no idea what it means though. For the experts present, here is my chart.  :D

I hope it is viewable.  :oops:

Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Postby Crystal Dragon » 06 Apr 2007, 12:28

Alasdair - I have sent you a pm and will get back to you asap.

Thanks for the chart Lizzy, I will take a look at this and let you have my thoughts but it may take me a day or two, unlike many people here in the UK I have to work right through the Easter holidays. I don't mind really, I love my job but I am also trying to study for a Tarot exam in 10 days time and so far I haven't done much.....

Thanks also for your post Jingle. Aries and Spring go together, all that new energy bursting forth  :)  I find astrological charts fascinating, at first they seem daunting but when you work through all the various components they're not so bad. The position of the Sun, Moon and Ascendant(rising) sign give a lot of information about a person. Apart from the placing of planets in each of the astrological signs, we also have to consider which houses the planets are in and the angles they all make to one another. If you want to pm me your date of birth, time if known and place of birth, I'll have a look at your chart for you. Or, I think Donata put a link for free astrological charts somewhere in this forum, which if you want to do your own then I will try to explain some of it for you.

Blessings to all
ImageImageImage

kashi_light

Re: Very simple basics - ARIES

Postby kashi_light » 23 Aug 2010, 10:30

Hi! I dont know if this thread is still in action but Ill add my bit just in case :) I am just learning about astrology, but I learned I have a lot of fire in my chart, and mostly aries. Ill put all my planets up in case someone out there would kindly like to help me understand my chart better. :where: Sun 26 deg Aries. Moon 18 deg Libra. Rising 7 deg Gemini. Mercury 0 deg Aries. Venus 11 deg Aries. Mars 15 deg Pisces. Jupiter 17 deg Virgo. Saturn 17 deg Aquarius. Uranus 18 deg Capricorn. Neptune 18 deg Capricorn. Pluto 22 deg Scorpio. (does pluto have much of an effect really, some astro sites I read said it does, but I was reading Edgar Casey and pluto wasnt even mentioned as an affecting planet?) Obviously I have a lot of fire, and with moon in Libra and Venus in Aries I tend to overkill my lovers within the first three minutes lol. I read somewhere that having Pisces in mars was bad and at first I was worried becasue it is the ruling planet for my sun sign. But after thinking about it I realized it as a blessing because otherwise I think I might just combust :warm: and also it keeps my aries nature from making me snap in rage too often. However, in most things I do I strike like a viper, kill it, then retreat into myself. Depending on when you see me I am either that one person at the party who says 3 words the whole night, or I will be the one jumping around with a mouth that wont shut up. Usually when the party is over Im just getting started/can go on forever, or Ill be at it long before the party starts and by the time it does finally start Im all burnt out. When you get me going its like an avalanche but sometimes I need more than a little nudge. I have a lot of creative energy which I use for art, writing and especially music. It all comes out on a big blast that I can hardly contain and will go on for hours, but then Ill go through periods of not being able to get anything out at all. I have a terrible habit of starting more things I can finish, and then abandoning everything all together and starting from scratch. Im very firm in my current beliefs (which are very fluid but usually based on core truths I hold dear to my heart always), and dont have much problem staying true to myself, but I can easily jump from one side of the fence to the other as if I was always on which ever side I currently end up on. Often I accept both sides of the argument as true (I think from gemini rising?) and end up just pissing off both sides because I wont give into either one. Or sometimes Ill help both sides see the truth of the other (when this happens it makes me incredibly happy because -knight-in-shining-armor-syndrom, I love to help people. I am the most honest person you'll ever meet, even when it hurts so sometimes I can crush gentle personas who tend to hide from the truth, even though all I want is to help. I need to have beautiful surroundings all the time (though I am creative when it comes to uncovering beauty in places). I think this is from moon in libra right? Anyway, the aries in me makes it so that I am the first one to say the music sucks, turn of the f*ing tv if your not watching it, this guy has bad vibes lets leave right now, and if you litter in front of me depending on my mood I will either fill up eight different pockets with trash silently, or I will give you a good thunk and make sure you throw it away yourself. I have a sensitive body and Im picky about food. I love everybody to death. That should be plenty to give anyone an idea of some arien aspects, and how aries affects my other signs, as far as I can explain with my newly budding astro knowledge. I am currently in a very aries mood and so my writing is a good insight into what it is like to have an aries attack. Also as a side note, I have been putting a lot of effort towards getting my voice out lately because for some reason the more I talk about whatever I am currently feeling strongest, the more I am realigned back to my selfy spiritual true self so thanks a lot if you actually read all of this, hope you got a good laugh and a bit of a boost out of it because I just really need to get it all out right now in a way that is also doing some good for someone (and the coffee isnt helping lol). With lots of love, Brightest Blessings!!!

Return to “Astrology”