Do you use Sky Stones?

A place for exploration and discussion of all forms of divination, such as Ogham, Tarot, Runes and dowsing.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Boadicea
OBOD Bard

Do you use Sky Stones?

Postby Boadicea » 04 May 2012, 10:54

Does anyone here use Sky Stones?
If you don't know what they are, they're an ancient form of druidic divination for diving the answers to yes/no questions using pebbles/rocks/crystals. There are three small stones in which all three fit in your hand - a gold one, a silver one, and a black one. Some people substitute hematite for silver, tiger's eye or gold pyrite for gold and obsidian or onyx for the black stone. You ask a question, and with a casting cloth, toss them onto the cloth. Whichever lands closer to the black stone indicates whether your answer is a yes or a no. Silver is no, gold is yes. Some people cast them as the base of a tree, asking for its wisdom. Anyway, I've been using these for a while after I learned about them in Richard Webster's, "Oghams, Omens and Oracles: Divination In The Druidic Tradition"

Oh yeah,

I'm really enjoying the course so far. I started using DruidSpace but I don't have any message boards on there to meet friends. So anyway, check out my profile (I have LOTS of pictures) and send me a friend invitation if you'd like to chat back and forth :)

Here's the link: http://druidspace.ning.com/profile/NatalieDianneDavis

Peace,

Lily
OBOD Ovate

Re: Do you use Sky Stones?

Postby Lily » 04 May 2012, 11:13

Interesting.... as in Tarot, the book I am mainly trying to learn from, it says it is not useful for answering yes/no questions... I guess this is like using a pendulum or a coin... but I like the idea of three stones.
bright blessed days, dark sacred nights

Lily

"You cannot reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into"
-Ben Goldacre

Dathi
OBOD Ovate

Postby Dathi » 04 May 2012, 11:22

Greetings,

You may find this interesting, Awen Stones by Wolf560.

http://www.druidry.org/board/dhp/viewto ... 50&t=37958

Dathi
:owlhorn:
Seminar. September 2010: African Druids? Sangomas, Inyangas http://www.druidry.org/board/dhp/viewto ... =2&t=36777

2011 LI
Seminar. October 2012: Druids & Bushcraft viewtopic.php?f=326&t=41256

Delian
OBOD Bard

Postby Delian » 04 Jan 2016, 21:15

Personally I use the oracle Good Witch Bad Witch for yes/no question, along with using it as well for other readings. The deck is divided in good witches (yellow) and bad witches (red) and I come up with 3 cards spreads, if the majority of the cards is yellow, the answer is yes, if the majority is red, then it's no. And I use the 3 cards as answers to the matter at hand.

In my coven, our HP gave us in a small pouch 6 stones, 3 black and 3 white, which could be used for yes/no question as well. Same principal, choose 3 stones and the max of color says if it's yes or no. I'm used to use Good Witch Bad Witch before joining the coven, so I've not used her gift but I've kept it because it was a gift and I find the set pretty.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Delian
OBOD Bard

Postby Delian » 13 Jan 2016, 07:57

It turns out that one can use the Witch's Runes as well, the 13 runes set one by Susan Sheppard. I've been reading the book and there is a section about Yes-No questions, it turns out some of the runes are positive and others negative, you select 3 runes and see which is the majority and you get your answers like that, majority of positive = yes and majority of negative = no, there are certain exceptions depending which runes appear though.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Arts of the Seer”