Visionary or what?

A place for exploration and discussion of all forms of divination, such as Ogham, Tarot, Runes and dowsing.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Nachtfalke
OBOD Bard

Visionary or what?

Postby Nachtfalke » 09 May 2012, 08:40

Hi,

is everyone here who has some visions or a foresight (I hope that are the right words on english, please forgive me, if they're not...) from time to time?
The thing is, I have this here and there. My heart says, all is good, all is right and deep in me, it also feels right. In reality meanwhile there are some little changes, but mostly my head says something like "no, it's just a dream, forget it". I got an omen from the Goddess to beltane. This also felt so right in that moment. On the other side I also think my vision (and at the same time wish) needs more time... maybe a few weeks or months.
The question is... can I trust them? Or are they other experiences? :) All this is comparative new for me and I am a little bit uncertain what I should think about the current situation...

I am glad if you can answer or help me in this case :hug:
bright blessings,
Nachtfalke

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Re: Visionary or what?

Postby DaRC » 10 May 2012, 12:29

Firstly vision / foresight is the correct term :D

As to advice I would say they are worth cautiously exploring to understand what they mean to you - it all depends upon the context of the 'here & now'. If I am unsure I tend to note it, but not let it influence my behaviour, and see how things pan out.

My first real experience of such things was many years ago when I didn't really believe in such things.
After work I reached a roundabout with 2 junctions, both leading home via different routes. One I had a 'bad feeling' about, the other I didn't - it was a surprisingly strong bad feeling.
Anyway I ignored it and went the way I wanted to go... I ended up kicking my way out of a burning car.
I now listen to that feeling :-)
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

Return to “Arts of the Seer”