Dream interpretation

A place for exploration and discussion of all forms of divination, such as Ogham, Tarot, Runes and dowsing.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Greytrack
OBOD Bard

Dream interpretation

Postby Greytrack » 28 Apr 2015, 10:06

First off, I should say that I am not one of those people who can regularly remember their dreams. I'm sure I have them every night but rarely do they stay with me into the following day, so the very short dream I had last night has got me thinking (mainly wtf! lol!) and I'm hoping someone on here can enlighten me?

Basically, I'm in bed asleep. I wake up for some reason and see a fairly large, pale grey and extremely hairy spider crawling across my bed very near my face. This is not cool - I absolutely loathe spiders! So, I try to knock it away and it latches onto my right hand. I remember noticing that it had a quite sturdy black claw on the end of each leg. It just hung on to my hand - at which point I decided that I'd had quite enough of this and got out of bed - with spider - and went downstairs to let it out into the garden. The dream kind of faded at that point but weirdly I didn't feel threatened or anything - just quite eager to get it off me! :D
As I say, I rarely remember my dreams so I'm thinking that this one may be significant? Maybe? Any ideas gratefully received. :)
Greytrack
Not all those who wander are lost.

Explorer
OBOD Druid

Re: Dream interpretation

Postby Explorer » 28 Apr 2015, 16:02

First off, I should say that I am not one of those people who can regularly remember their dreams. I'm sure I have them every night but rarely do they stay with me into the following day, so the very short dream I had last night has got me thinking (mainly wtf! lol!) and I'm hoping someone on here can enlighten me?

Basically, I'm in bed asleep. I wake up for some reason and see a fairly large, pale grey and extremely hairy spider crawling across my bed very near my face. This is not cool - I absolutely loathe spiders! So, I try to knock it away and it latches onto my right hand. I remember noticing that it had a quite sturdy black claw on the end of each leg. It just hung on to my hand - at which point I decided that I'd had quite enough of this and got out of bed - with spider - and went downstairs to let it out into the garden. The dream kind of faded at that point but weirdly I didn't feel threatened or anything - just quite eager to get it off me! :D
As I say, I rarely remember my dreams so I'm thinking that this one may be significant? Maybe? Any ideas gratefully received. :)
Mmm, funny, I had a more or less similar dream last night. Not with a spider, but with two lizards or snakes on my lower leg, that tried to eat each other. I threw one off, but the other one became a hand that grabbed my ankle. I woke up, for real, and still felt the hand grabbing my ankle. That startled me and I kicked with my foot, and then it was gone. It didn't feel malicious or threathening either.

Both dreams have the same elements it seems. A challenging situation, not really threathening, but somehow uncomfortable, triggering some fears. And something (somebody?) holding on firmly, perhaps even clinging a bit.
Does that sound like a situation in your life at the moment?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Greytrack
OBOD Bard

Re: Dream interpretation

Postby Greytrack » 29 Apr 2015, 12:52

A challenging situation, not really threathening, but somehow uncomfortable, triggering some fears.
That would make sense actually. For the very first time this year, I'm having a go at doing bed and breakfast. Now, that's not world-shattering nor particularly threatening I know. But for me, well....I like my space. My home is my haven, my sanctuary so to let strangers in is very, very uncomfortable for me. As for the clingy thing - no, that doesn't ring any bells unless it's my fear of having my privacy invaded that's clinging. :shrug:

Thank you for your input Explorer - certainly given me stuff to think about. :D
Greytrack
Not all those who wander are lost.

Return to “Arts of the Seer”