trying to find out what I am

A place for exploration and discussion of all forms of divination, such as Ogham, Tarot, Runes and dowsing.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Darkclaymore

trying to find out what I am

Postby Darkclaymore » 11 Jul 2015, 22:57

I need help can someone do a reading on me this is my first time speaking to a forum site anything for help Will be greatly appreciated thank you for your time

skepticskitchen
OBOD Bard

Re: trying to find out what I am

Postby skepticskitchen » 12 Jul 2015, 01:45

a few more details for your question would be helpful. I do scrying which works differently from tarot or other forms of divination. Give me some details so I have something to go on.
Yours in the Peace of the Grove,
/|\ Colley y Bara

Darkclaymore

Postby Darkclaymore » 12 Jul 2015, 01:58

I'm a protector and fighter I have some healing power I've studied Wicca I am try to answer your question about me as accurate as possible

aaron
OBOD Ovate

Postby aaron » 12 Jul 2015, 02:49

Hi Darkclaymore :hiya:

First of all, welcome to the message board. There are a lot of fascinating, knowledgeable members here who are happy to help you on your journey.

Now to your question. The answer is within you and I think you need to look inwards to find it.

I see by your message that you studied Wicca. Do you remember the question "In who do you place your trust?" If you recall the answer, it is the Goddess.

Now, where is the Goddess, or God, or Spirit. Not on a comfy pillow up there somewhere, but all around us and within ourselves. Meditate and look within. You will find the answer. Ask yourself, why am I here? What is my reason for being? Where do I go from here?

I wish you luck and blessings in your quest and in the Druidic path you have chosen :hug:

Blessed be,
Aaron

Darkclaymore

Postby Darkclaymore » 12 Jul 2015, 03:38

Thank you for your response an advice

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 12 Jul 2015, 10:25

Welcome Darkclaymore to the OBOD message board. I just wondered, have you used any divination techniques yourself?

Darkclaymore

Postby Darkclaymore » 12 Jul 2015, 17:39

I haven't tried that any good one y'all can give me

skepticskitchen
OBOD Bard

Postby skepticskitchen » 12 Jul 2015, 17:53

Tarot can be intimidating for new seers due to its complexity. I might recommend pendulum dowsing as an initial seers technique. It is easy, only requires a pendulum (widely and cheaply available) and a hand drawn chart (optional) indicating yes/no. Some people use the method of indication that a circular spin means yes while a linear sweep (straight line back and forth) means no.

There are also runes (both Ogham and Nordic Futharg) which can be easy to pick up but can take a lifetime to master. The cool thing about runes is you can make them yourself with relative ease on chips of wood, sticks, stones, or even dominoes.

Hope this helps

/|\ Wesley
Yours in the Peace of the Grove,
/|\ Colley y Bara

Darkclaymore

Postby Darkclaymore » 12 Jul 2015, 22:01

Is there any good books out there that y'all prefer that I can hone my skills . This has bothers me for years what does it mean if you see red an there's a black right side up cross appears

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 13 Jul 2015, 10:52

Check out our sub-forum 'Arts of the Seer' here
viewforum.php?f=126

For the Ogham there are various books mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=15543

For the Tarot there is advice here
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=15568

A reading list for the Runes (and discussions on the various books) is here
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=18844
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

Green Raven

Postby Green Raven » 13 Jul 2015, 11:40

I was given some good advice from my Grandmother, on the Dorset side of the family, who taught me to read an ordinary pack of playing cards when I was 10, just after my parents became 'happy-clappy' christian converts - she was a bit subversive like that :grin: . I've updated the language slightly:

• When requesting guidance on a matter, ask once and once only. It is rude to keep asking and hoping for a different answer. Keep a journal, writing down your offerings and queries as they are given, and also your understanding of any perceived answers. Keep the journal safely; it will inform choices in the times to come and chart the deepening of your understanding.

• There are many futures and one past, for the future changes "with a penny found and a word spoke". The more precise the guidance, the shorter its ‘shelf-life’. Once given the knowledge, act promptly, wisely and decisively. If the counsel is to do nothing, ensure that is what happens.

• Before communing, write of everything. Describe the current situation and include all the factors, the people involved, what is at stake and the general importance of those factors to your life.

• Be aware of your present emotional state – be detached, calm and wise.

• Analyse the validity of your assumptions and instinctive thoughts – test and challenge them before committing to them.

• What would you do without guidance?

• What are your worries? These may be connected or unconnected with the situation you seek guidance for. How could these affect your understanding of the guidance?

• How might your current situation and mindset distort – by magnification or diminution – the guidance you are about to receive? Might you under or over react?

• Might it be better not to know and just to allow events ‘play out’? Sometimes, receiving patience, endurance and serenity can be a mighty gift.

Then compose your questions, use the practices to achieve the correct mindset and open yourself to receiving.

This is not OBOD lore or mystery but I've always found it sound.
“Listen, O little pig! are not the buds of thorns
Very green, the mountain beautiful, and beautiful the earth?”
- Myrddin Wyllt, Hoianau / Greetings (to a Pig)

Return to “Arts of the Seer”