soul retrieval

Storage space for classic threads from The Shamanic Druid
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
iamwhoiam

soul retrieval

Postby iamwhoiam » 24 Nov 2005, 08:34

Is there a tradition of soul retrieval in Druidic shamanic practice?

Soul retrieval is a process where a spiritually gifted person helps someone recover pieces of their soul that have fractured from the main essence of the person. There is a "journeying" ritual involved. Childhood abuse, heritable karma, and trauma can be causes of cracks or splintering, (loss of parts of the soul)

I think that there is a practice in native American cultures to accomplish soul retrieval, and wonder if there is a similar ritual in the old ways of Druidry.

Tregarthen

Celtic Knight
OBOD Bard

Postby Celtic Knight » 24 Nov 2005, 09:24

AFAIK, what is known as "Core Shamanism" is based on the shamanic traditions of Siberia and the Americas (both North and South), although is non-path specific. It involves such things as journeying to the Otherworlds (Middleworld, Underworld and Upperworld) and healing techniques such as Illumination, Extraction and Soul Retrieval.

Druidic lines of Shamanism are also based on Core Shamanism (as no one knows what the Celts and Pre-Celts actually practised) and so, yes, I think most Druid Shamanic Healers would practice Soul Retrieval.

Those more knowledgeable than me may, of course, have other views. I await them with interest.
Worldes Blysse

ImageImageImage

Gwendolynstarr

Postby Gwendolynstarr » 14 May 2006, 19:19

I actually have a question on the topic....

I understand the concept of the soul fragmenting, but is it possible that it can happen at birth?

The reason I ask.....  I have a 5 year old son, who seems to escape reality, sometimes for a week or two at a time.  The "experts" seem not to have any definitive answers.  A friend of mine seemed to feel that he needs a soul retrieval, and that it was at birth that he had the fragmentation, due to  intense fear from a past life.
Any opinions on such a thing so early in one's life happening?

Marigorri

Postby Marigorri » 15 May 2006, 08:08

It can happen at birth or even before that. There can be a part that dissociated in another life and needs to be brought back now. I know this, because my 13 year old daughter had both. The past life part she's got back at 11, but she refuses to let the birth part return. We have both seen it (and so has her father who usually doesn't see anything that is not physical), it presents itself as someone looking like her but not quite like her.

But I think this may be different from what your son is experiencing. The parts that were missing for my daughter were not very far away, although I haven't seen the birth part for months now.

Gwendolynstarr

Postby Gwendolynstarr » 15 May 2006, 13:04

TY :)

This is definitely something that I want to learn about and explore more.

It just seems as if sometimes a part of him is afraid to be "here" and I don't know how to help him with that.  I had him evaluated for different things, but everyone tells me that he doesn't show enough signs for any real diagnosis, so when my friend told me about this, I thought to look more into it.

I did also get Ingerman's book to learn more about it.

Cradlehag
OBOD Druid

Postby Cradlehag » 16 May 2006, 19:44

Hello,

I think there's something about this in Caitlin Matthews 'Singing the Soul Back Home', also it reminds me of a story by Dion Fortune in 'The Secrets of Dr Taverner' about a woman whose soul refused to be born properly.

Maybe these things come back when they are ready or when other healing has taken place to allow them to, or even for the person to be developed enough to handle their return.

I guess my advice would be to journey on it and ask your guides.

Very interesting topic!

Ali

Gwendolynstarr

Postby Gwendolynstarr » 16 May 2006, 21:38

Thank you  :)

It is interesting.......I will definitely check that out   |-)

Return to “The Shaman's Cave”