Help needed with non-journeying!

Storage space for classic threads from The Shamanic Druid
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Moira Rhydd

Help needed with non-journeying!

Postby Moira Rhydd » 30 Oct 2006, 13:02

:hiya:

I've been journeying now for five years, and have always been able to obtain great answers from the Otherworld.  These days, however, journeying is more difficult.  I begin, but feel pulled back to this world, or--at other times--I can't even begin, much as I'd like to.  I feel as if I'm merely skimming the surface of things, rather than "sinking in" deeply.  We're having an amazing transition from October to November here in Montreal, with great winds and a very sudden cooling, and I've always found these times (along with the transition from the end of Winter to Spring) to be the best times for my journeying.  This year, however, is an exception.  Any ideas on this?  Any techniques I should use to go deeper?  Much appreciated...
Moira Rhydd

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 30 Oct 2006, 15:07

I'd suggest not trying, just relaxing, and do non-directive meditation rather than journeying. It's not a process for us to use at our own timing all the time. It's a gift that we may not need just now.

There are other ways to find your path. Sometimes we need a break to look at the practical solutions in our lives.  It's tempting to become overly dependent on answers from the otherworlds. That's when we need to develop trust in our own direct intution or analysis.

Perhaps that is the message? Maybe now is a time to find  your own answers?

Blessings,
Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Moira Rhydd

Postby Moira Rhydd » 31 Oct 2006, 13:39

Thanks, Donata.  Your wisdom is always a comfort.  What do you mean by "non-directive meditation"?  Do you mean ordinary "sit-with-it" meditation (like Zen med.), rather than journeying, which tries to get answers to a specific question/issue/problem?  I wasn't sure when I read your post, but I guess that's what I understand by it.

:hug:
Moira Rhydd

Wraithian
OBOD Ovate

Postby Wraithian » 31 Oct 2006, 18:36

Those times I've found myself unable to hit those deepest levels of meditation, it was as if the gods were saying to me, "Uh, no, you, uh, you need to figure this one out alone."  That was my experience with those really meaningful life lessons--sometimes they are found on the highest peaks of conciousness, other times in the deepest oceans of meditation.
:wraithian: Image :wraithian:

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 31 Oct 2006, 18:42

Thanks, Donata.  Your wisdom is always a comfort.  What do you mean by "non-directive meditation"?  Do you mean ordinary "sit-with-it" meditation (like Zen med.), rather than journeying, which tries to get answers to a specific question/issue/problem?  I wasn't sure when I read your post, but I guess that's what I understand by it.

:hug:
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Sorry I wasn't clear. Just let  your mind be open, no concentration on thoughts or outcome. No goal, no effort. Release, relax, and just breathe. If thoughts or questions come, notice them, and let them float by like a cloud in a clear blue sky.

Give this a chance. If after working with it a few times, it doesn't work for you, another thing to do is to consciously relax each part of the body in turn, and focus a bright light or sun on each part as you do so. Just feel the tension in that part of body releasing, and being filled with the warmth of the sun. Relax even more, let all the tension go, and fill your body (or that part of the body you are focusing on) with the warm light of the sun. Feel  your entire body filled with this light. Enjoy the feeling!

Or do both methods!

Blessings,
Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Moira Rhydd

Postby Moira Rhydd » 31 Oct 2006, 23:32

Cool.  Thank you kindly for the advice, Donata and Wraithian.  Good to know that there are people ahead of me on the path, lighting the way and keeping me from stumbling on in utter darkness.  Makes sense, too, that I figure certain things out on my own--makes lots of sense, actually.   :sunfl:

Today, in the mail, I received what looks like the Bardic introductory package with two gwersi (plural, right?  :???: ), and a notice to go to the post office to pick up another package, which I guess could be more OBOD material (?).  So I'll be busy reading and working my way through that.  It should keep me off the streets of the Otherworld for a bit!

Tonight is Halloween night in Montreal and it's raining buckets, but I don't think it will deter the kids from showing up in their costumes.  

Happy Halloween to all!!!  

:web:   :jack:   :cauldron:   :witch:   :-x
Moira Rhydd

Return to “The Shaman's Cave”