the grove

This forum is for discussions of all aspects and efforts to nurture Gaia - from gardening to tree and herb lore: from husbanding the forests to environmental activism and planting sacred groves.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
deepwater

the grove

Postby deepwater » 08 Jun 2008, 18:50

i was following a wild turkey and her chicks and there it was ,, not far from most of all the places i felt a pulling or a push to go some where,, i was using a large crack in the rock to keep a foot hold and climb above the turkey and get some pics and i felt this cold sweat feeling as i topped out ,,,below me from a weird rock wall was a massive set of natural steps 25 30' long a foot high and covered in moss several inches deep and a pushed up rock wall on the other side ,,there are several large oaks and hemlocks,,every where i looked was a wonder of nature,i was looking down on the grove,30' across and 18' high,,shaped like a half moon,i climbed down and walked the steps and went back up,, i will remove only the down sticks and use several small stones for my alter,,and i need a way up and down so as not to tear up the moss steps ,,hennie ,,kat lady,, as promised i thought of you both and whispered you names,,i have several pics if someone can post them ,, the pics almost felt wrong but i need them to see for when i cant be there
Through my eyes you still see,, Through my heart you still live ,, For as long as i have breath you will sing,,Thanks Mom

Hennie
OBOD Druid

Re: the grove

Postby Hennie » 08 Jun 2008, 19:29

Thank you, Deepwater!

Hennie

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 08 Jun 2008, 21:25

can i send you a pic or two
Through my eyes you still see,, Through my heart you still live ,, For as long as i have breath you will sing,,Thanks Mom

Hennie
OBOD Druid

Postby Hennie » 09 Jun 2008, 07:32

please, go ahead

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 09 Jun 2008, 15:47

oooh, sounds like a very special, and magical place, Deepwater!

:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 09 Jun 2008, 23:51

it feels like it ..i know i just need to be there some more

Hennie
OBOD Druid

Postby Hennie » 10 Jun 2008, 08:21

Here are some photographs of the grove taken by Deepwater :
gr2.jpg
gr2.jpg (172.29 KiB) Viewed 9311 times
gr3.jpg
gr3.jpg (164.65 KiB) Viewed 9310 times
gr4.jpg
gr4.jpg (174.51 KiB) Viewed 9295 times

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 10 Jun 2008, 13:54

thank you hennie,,the first pic is the crack i followed to take pics of the turkeys,,the second pic is a Chrystal area i found just before i looked over the edge,,and the last is a pic of the steps,,thankyou hennie you picked the best pics

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 10 Jun 2008, 15:48

Wonderful photos! :o
I love the 'terraced' effect...it gives me the impression of a fantastic place for meditation; as in steps going down (deeper meditation experience)...

Does that make sense?

:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 12 Jun 2008, 08:07

I walked around the outer edge of the grove today and if i remove some small brushy clumps down inside the step area it will open up nicely but remain hidden from any hikers that might stray off the 4 wheeler trail,,there is a full moon on the 18th,,I'm thinking i might stay the night maybe off to one side or up on top where the crystal and rock crack is

D'Arzhur
OBOD Druid

Postby D'Arzhur » 12 Jun 2008, 11:02

:oops: I have been trying to land back since I came back from Bretagne ... that's why I missed this topic until now !
Deepwater I am glad Hennie could post the pics for you...the Steps is my favorite ( :wink: )...
you are blessed that the grove revealed herself to you...
F :hug:
D'Arzhur
Tradu/i\re
ImageImage
Image :daraoi: :awen:

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 12 Jun 2008, 13:30

in the square mile of woods and cliffs i was walking its high up and off to the side1/2 mile from my home (a nice walk),,i also get the feeling to move very slowly there and not change a lot,,that every thing growing in there is there for a reason or earned a right to be there

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 22 Jun 2008, 04:38

I went out back yesterday around 7pm and sat above the grove and just watched it ,,some chipmunks live in the rock wall and run along the sides of the steps,,a sharp shin hawk watches this,,the turkeys i can hear beyond the ridge and her chicks are digging in the leaves and there are porcupine droppings near an overhang behind me,,not many mosquitoes or bugs but several kinds of birds,,its overcast and the sun is hard to see through the clouds but as it sets it will lite up the grove so the opening faces west or west-ish,,i see sheep sorrel and crows-feet around the oaks more than several dozen ginseng plants and lots of bluebeyy bushes under the ferns around the walls several types of shrooms on the steps so i have to find my shroom books,,the steps are covered in deep moss and several stunted trees ,,several maples and a hemlock are in a natural state of bonsai,,there are lots of dead branches and some scrub brush i might remove but this provides shade for other plants so i don't know yet ,,does anyone remember Tea-Berry gum,, well i got hundreds of tea berry plants and they have a very faint hint taste of the gum,i ate lots of those,,there is a large beach on top above the grove and the balding rock with the huge crack in it ,,the crack is over 2' deep in most places and runs east to west the huge balding rock is several hundred feel long and goes north and south,,i stayed till it got dark to hear all the night birds and frogs they were calling and than i woke up it was after 11 and some of the clouds were gone and a faint moon was up,,it was so quiet,,now that i have picked over the grove ,,some how i don't feel I'm ready for this place

D'Arzhur
OBOD Druid

Postby D'Arzhur » 22 Jun 2008, 11:11

that grove sounds so perfect and so peaceful...maybe she will just let you know when you can enter... :)
D'Arzhur
Tradu/i\re
ImageImage

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 22 Jun 2008, 14:23

thanks D'arzhur its very kind of you to encourage me to have faith and respect the (she) in my grove,,,,,how did you know i felt a she in there???,,its like now i think or feel i found what was calling me and its shy,,that first contact was full of sights very pleasing to my eyes,,the way the rock felt the curve of the wall the 4 steps covered in moss the blending of trees and bush plants and ferns,,, but now its telling me to stop,,you can look but don't touch yet,,its just puzzling and its all in my head, i guess it has to be a she :thinking: , well I'm not in a great hurry as the grove has been there thousands of years and even if my years are numbered i know (feel) i have time for this,, (my patience drives my wife crazy) ill just lay on the edge and watch from above for awhile and let the grove get used to me, kind of a third date thing (don't want to rush a shy first timer) maybe not till next spring will i get in ,,until than i will wait :old:

D'Arzhur
OBOD Druid

Postby D'Arzhur » 22 Jun 2008, 21:28

yes indeed I feel it's a "she" :) what you describe (and what she has already generously shared with you ) is already such a present...Why should you rush...? the spirit of the grove has to be "charmed"...like a Lady indeed :wink: I am sure you will feel when you are invited to tread gently further ...just maybe one step at a time :)
D'Arzhur
Tradu/i\re
ImageImage

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 24 Jun 2008, 03:42

D'Arzhur,,i have a pic just for you ,,i don't have it yet but ill get it one day soon

D'Arzhur
OBOD Druid

Postby D'Arzhur » 24 Jun 2008, 17:13

:hug:
D'Arzhur
Tradu/i\re
ImageImage

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 17 Jul 2008, 00:07

well its been awhile for me but i have spent several days or many hours at the grove and it feels very warm and peaceful there ,,i think when the fall comes and the leaves start to tun ill try to move in and see what happens,,i just get this feeling of tolerance not acceptance just tolerance from the whole area except where I'm standing looking down on the grove :shrug:

D'Arzhur
OBOD Druid

Postby D'Arzhur » 17 Jul 2008, 10:07

Bonjour Deepwater :)
( except where I'm standing looking down on the grove :shrug: )
maybe there is another way to approach/enter the grove ?

D'Arzhur
Tradu/i\re
ImageImage

Return to “Greening Gaia”