Music to Grow Plants

This forum is for discussions of all aspects and efforts to nurture Gaia - from gardening to tree and herb lore: from husbanding the forests to environmental activism and planting sacred groves.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
nerithedeerfairy

Music to Grow Plants

Post by nerithedeerfairy » 28 Jun 2011, 03:11

Thanks to reader Amy Morie, here's a groovin' mp3 from Music to Grow Plants:

http://www.robertkelleyphd.com/MusicToGrowPlants.mp3

Corelli-Jacobs - Music to Grow Plants

If your plants need any help growing, I guess that this would do the job. Dr. George Milstein thought that this was really a good idea.

George Milstein, a New York horticulturist, has determined that music helps plants grow. 'The secret,' he says, 'is a high frequency sound that blends right in with the music. I believe that the sound waves cause the plants to keep their pores open longer and wider, allowing a greater exchange with the air around them.' So once a day for forty-five minutes he plays music for his plants, and he has been so successful that he now has produced a record called Music to Grow Plants By. (Captain James Conely in Air University Review March-April 1972)

The music is orchestral sorta-funk lounge, the type of music used in movies and TV shows back in the 1970s when this record came out and also found on "library" records.

Note: The music is credited to Corelli-Jacobs on the record's label. There doesn't seem to be any information about them on the Internet.

http://basementcurios.blogspot.com/2008 ... lants.html
be yourself, overcome peerpressure :), I love the Sun

Return to “Greening Gaia”