a huge step in Spain

This forum is for discussions of all aspects and efforts to nurture Gaia - from gardening to tree and herb lore: from husbanding the forests to environmental activism and planting sacred groves.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Mika

a huge step in Spain

Post by Mika » 22 Sep 2011, 13:25

Hello everyone,

Some of you know me, I've been very active in the message board a few years ago and I guess who knows me also might remember the project of the Earth Sanctuary in Spain. Well, I just wanted to let you know that the whole land is under the custody of the spanish stewardship council. It's been a long way to reach this point but it was all worth the effort.
That only means that we are in close collaboration with them, this entity doesn't ask owners of land to donate their land, but to sign a contract in which you ONLY compromise yourself to achieve and respect certain points that you and the entity come to agree together. It is a way of collaborating with society, as an ecosocial project. We will also be collaborating with the city's university, by receiving future students of biology as our contact with this entity goes through a manager who is an expert scientist in aquatic ecosystems. To us, and even more because now we are OBOD druids (two graduated and one on its way) is a huge step in the good direction regarding the greening of Gaia, and I wanted to share all this with you, and for all those people who have known me talking about our project in the past.

:hug:
Mika.
2008 SB

ZEN DRUID

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Re: a huge step in Spain

Post by Michael C. Page » 22 Sep 2011, 15:24

Congratulations |-)

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

Aurora
OBOD Bard

Post by Aurora » 23 Sep 2011, 05:02

Congratulations Mika :D
ImageImage

Wisdom begins in wonder-Socrates

Susanne
OBOD Ovate

Post by Susanne » 23 Sep 2011, 12:29

Wonderful news. Thanks for all of your hard work & congratulations!
Sue

Return to “Greening Gaia”