The Christian-Druid Path

This forum is for discussing all aspects of Druidry as a spiritual path.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Art
OBOD Druid

The Christian-Druid Path

Postby Art » 03 May 2007, 22:50

Please note that there is a subforum under The Spirit of the Journey relating to the Druid-Dhristian Path.

One of the most striking characteristics of modern Druidry lies in its tolerance of diversity. People are often drawn to Druidry because they can practice and study it on its own, or in combination with other spiritual paths. Each spiritual way has gifts to offer, and some people find that they can combine the Druid and Christian approaches. In this subforum we invite you to explore the connections between Druid and Christian spirituality. Request admission through the usergroup or contact Kat Lady or Katsu.
Moderators katsu, Kat Lady

NOTE: May 18, 2008. Please contact Kat Lady for entrty to the forum while katsu is on a break. Thank you.

katsu
OBOD Druid

Postby katsu » 04 May 2007, 18:59

We would also like to note that everything that will be posted there are the opinions of the members. (as is true for the entire Board's)

Also these pages are open to both OBOD and non_OBOD members, please be aware of this when posting.

Seeker, Katsu

Mícheál_Seán

Is it possible?

Postby Mícheál_Seán » 22 Jun 2007, 18:47

Raised Protestant, converted to Catholicism. I have always felt a connection to nature. I feel closer to God in the woods than in a cathedral. I feel His presence around me, I am a pacifist and I have been searching for ways to combine Druidry with Catholicism or maybe just create my own brand of Druidry with elements of Catholicism. Any ideas on how this might be done? Thanks. "peace"

Briar21

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Postby Briar21 » 12 Sep 2007, 21:52

I also am a Christian (C of E) but always felt something was missing untill i was introduced to nature spirituality. I've found it very difficult to get a happy medium as people was (and still is) always telling me i had to choose one or the other! But i find they complement each other very well! :)

From research and my personal experiences i can see alot of Druidry in Christianity and i feel that they both enhance the teachings and beliefs of each other.

I also prefer to be with nature than in a man-made building but i quite happily attend church too, its all about what feels right for you, if you do what feels right you cant really go far wrong

Bright Blessings :daisy:
The leaves of the trees are for the healing of the nations

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 13 Sep 2007, 01:38

Mícheál_Seán and Briar21,

Thank you both for your comments and insights. I look forward to seeing you in the Christian-Druid forum area. :)

Welcome to the boards! :shake:
Twyrch  /|\  J. D. Edwards

ImageImageImage

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Postby Aylyn » 13 Sep 2007, 10:28

Hi Folks,

I wanted to share the attached picture with you, as I thought it fit nicely into the Christian-Druid Theme. It is a picture of a 16th Century Altar top, carved in Oak. The first two panels in the top row depict the annunciation, the third panel the birth of Christ and the last one the crucifixion. What I found remarkable are the bottom row panels, which counterpoint the top row, complete with a Green Man opposite the crucifixion....

I found it astonishing, as 16th Century Scotland was already a very Chrstian society, but seems not to have forgotten the past....
Attachments
Edzell 12.jpg
Edzell 12.jpg (98.42 KiB) Viewed 17091 times

Image Image Two things are in abundance in the universe: hydrogen and stupidity.

Please help my dragons grow: Image

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 14 Sep 2007, 13:15

Aylyn,

That's an awesome picture!!! Thanks for sharing that. :)
Twyrch  /|\  J. D. Edwards

ImageImageImage

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Briar21

Postby Briar21 » 14 Sep 2007, 15:01

I agree, thats a beautiful picture! And very interesting X
The leaves of the trees are for the healing of the nations

youngvate

Postby youngvate » 16 Sep 2007, 20:17

Hi Folks,

I wanted to share the attached picture with you, as I thought it fit nicely into the Christian-Druid Theme. It is a picture of a 16th Century Altar top, carved in Oak. The first two panels in the top row depict the annunciation, the third panel the birth of Christ and the last one the crucifixion. What I found remarkable are the bottom row panels, which counterpoint the top row, complete with a Green Man opposite the crucifixion....

I found it astonishing, as 16th Century Scotland was already a very Chrstian society, but seems not to have forgotten the past....
i cannot wrecognize what this is depicting exactly, and the only thing on that i'm firmiliar with is the crucifix. prehaps i need to learn more on druidry history.
I am not afraid of death, i welcome it. it is the phsical and emotion PAIN that scares me.
the only thing worse is eternal life.

Every one is the same, and every one is different. think of us how you want to. but the basic nature of people is same. through race, through cluture, through opinion, through beleif, though currency. and the only way people should be juged is by skill. and you can get what you want out of people by putting a quarter or 2 into the coin slot.

dont knock at deaths door; ring the door bell and run (he hates that)

you cant solve a problem with murderers by becomeing one. or as i would wish to scream at my older brother:
" you should find a way to deal with '@#$% heads' without being a @#$% head!!!!!!!"

alistair ab iolo/|\

Postby alistair ab iolo/|\ » 08 Oct 2007, 18:23

Is this thread the Chrsitain Druid forum please and if not how can I find my way to it? I'm slightly lost!

Blessings,

+Alistair
"that we may be filled with the brightness of the everlasting light and become the unspotted mirror of Thy power and the image of Thy goodness" ... Liberal Catholic Liturgy

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Postby Seeker » 08 Oct 2007, 18:28

Alistair -

No, it isn't my friend. I will have you taken care of in a minute.
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought."
Matsuo Basho

Cercatore
OBOD Bard

Postby Cercatore » 09 Oct 2007, 14:22

Seeker, could you also add me to the access list when you get a chance?
Image2012ImageMay truth guide, love protect, and hope encourage you until the end of time.

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Postby Seeker » 09 Oct 2007, 17:09

All set, Cercatore...
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought."
Matsuo Basho

winding_branch

Postby winding_branch » 21 Oct 2007, 11:46

Hi :hiya: ,

I'd like to know more about the christian druid path I guess I'm searching & I'm getting a sense of God again so I'd like to join to? If its ok, can you add me.

Thanks
winding_branch

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Postby Seeker » 21 Oct 2007, 12:22

Not a problem, winding_branch...
Matsuo Basho

winding_branch

Postby winding_branch » 21 Oct 2007, 12:28

Hi Seeker,

Thankyou :hug:
winding_branch

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Postby Seeker » 21 Oct 2007, 15:28

Welcome! :shake:
Matsuo Basho

Sophia Zoe
OBOD Bard

Postby Sophia Zoe » 22 Oct 2007, 01:47

Hello, Seeker,
Could you add me to the list as well?

Thank you!

SZ
The mountains have always been the timeless dwelling place of the great sages;
both wise men and sages have made the mountains their abode, their own body and mind.
--Dogen Zenji

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Postby Seeker » 22 Oct 2007, 01:49

Sophia Zoe - you already have access.
Matsuo Basho

Sophia Zoe
OBOD Bard

Postby Sophia Zoe » 22 Oct 2007, 02:07

Oops, sorry, Seeker!

:oops:
The mountains have always been the timeless dwelling place of the great sages;
both wise men and sages have made the mountains their abode, their own body and mind.
--Dogen Zenji

Return to “Discuss Druidry”