The Christian-Druid Path

This forum is for discussing all aspects of Druidry as a spiritual path.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Michael C. Page » 04 May 2009, 22:37

blesseddruidess wrote:I would like to know more about this. I have been going through an inner battle of where I belong. I find peace in the Druid ways and yet am pulled to the Church of Christ too. I am trying to do right by both and would like to learn more.
Hello :hiya: Have you PM'd Katsu so that you may access the Druid/Christian Forum?

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

Gardavil
Location: Western Michigan, Great Lakes Region of North America

Post by Gardavil » 26 Jul 2009, 03:45

If I have not yet been accepted as a Bard of OBOD, would it be possible to obtain an invite to this new sub-forum?

I see wisdom, truth, and virtue in walking both the Druid's path and the Christian's path (specifically Seventh Day Adventist). I have in my own center been able to see the commonality of these two paths that on first glance appear to be worlds apart. I have studied the Introductory Packet of OBOD's Bardic Course, and I seek very specific counsel from other people that find themselves "caught between the worlds" as I am. I have reached the point where I need this conversation with others in this new sub-forum before I can make the decision to take the next step and fully join the Bardic course.

So I respectfully request permissions to view the new Druid-Christian Path sub-forum please. I have PM'd katsu

Thank you.

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Post by Michael C. Page » 26 Jul 2009, 21:51

Gardavil wrote:If I have not yet been accepted as a Bard of OBOD, would it be possible to obtain an invite to this new sub-forum?

I see wisdom, truth, and virtue in walking both the Druid's path and the Christian's path (specifically Seventh Day Adventist). I have in my own center been able to see the commonality of these two paths that on first glance appear to be worlds apart. I have studied the Introductory Packet of OBOD's Bardic Course, and I seek very specific counsel from other people that find themselves "caught between the worlds" as I am. I have reached the point where I need this conversation with others in this new sub-forum before I can make the decision to take the next step and fully join the Bardic course.

So I respectfully request permissions to view the new Druid-Christian Path sub-forum please. I have PM'd katsu

Thank you.
In that case you should be hearing from him soon, but If you don't receive a reply from Katsu, let us know. Many blessings on your journey.

Peace - Michael :shake:

- Thoreau

Angeliis

Re: The Christian-Druid Path_Question?

Post by Angeliis » 27 Jul 2009, 18:34

Hoping someone here can assist. About ten years ago I came across a copy of a speech given by Carr-Gomm at a Christain / Druid Conference on the World Soul. This speech served as my introduction to Carr-Gomm and was an inspiration to seek knowledge of the natural side of spirituality. I cannot find a copy of that speech no matter where I look. Would by chance anyone here be able to provide such or guide me to the proper forum for inquiry?

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Re: The Christian-Druid Path_Question?

Post by Michael C. Page » 27 Jul 2009, 18:54

Angeliis wrote:Hoping someone here can assist. About ten years ago I came across a copy of a speech given by Carr-Gomm at a Christain / Druid Conference on the World Soul. This speech served as my introduction to Carr-Gomm and was an inspiration to seek knowledge of the natural side of spirituality. I cannot find a copy of that speech no matter where I look. Would by chance anyone here be able to provide such or guide me to the proper forum for inquiry?
Found it! Click here - http://www.druidry.org/obod/druid-path/ ... uidry.html

:tiphat:

- Thoreau

Angeliis

Post by Angeliis » 27 Jul 2009, 19:44

Thank you very much for finding this Michael! :hug:

These words for Carr-Gomm's speech deeply touched me when I first read them and still do...

.....Thus saying the World Soul will look from his tear-stained eyes and I will see no longer a
rapacious man hungry for death but a clear woman, tinged
with the pain of separation but yearning for union and burning with love.
And she will say:
"He has looked for me so long I was frightened he would destroy me in his searching.
He paraded armies before me, not to terrify, but impress me.
He sent rockets to the stars and built huge buildings just for me.
But we never met. I was told to hide."
"I have been told to hide no longer, or he will destroy the world in his search.
I stand here waiting for him to approach."

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Post by Michael C. Page » 27 Jul 2009, 20:04

Yes, it is deeply moving. You can also find the same text in Phillip's book "The Druid Way". In the book it gives the circumstances surrounding the inspiration for the text. Quite a good read.

Yours in the peace of the Grove - Michael

- Thoreau

Angeliis

Post by Angeliis » 27 Jul 2009, 21:51

Michael C. Page wrote:Yes, it is deeply moving. You can also find the same text in Phillip's book "The Druid Way". In the book it gives the circumstances surrounding the inspiration for the text. Quite a good read.

Ahha! That must be the original source for my knowledge of the quote! I read "The Druid Way" many moons ago when I first learned of OBOD. I have just browsed my bookshelves and located my copy. I will take this as a sign to revisit the story...

Thanks again.

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Post by Michael C. Page » 28 Jul 2009, 00:57

Angeliis wrote:
Michael C. Page wrote:Yes, it is deeply moving. You can also find the same text in Phillip's book "The Druid Way". In the book it gives the circumstances surrounding the inspiration for the text. Quite a good read.

Ahha! That must be the original source for my knowledge of the quote! I read "The Druid Way" many moons ago when I first learned of OBOD. I have just browsed my bookshelves and located my copy. I will take this as a sign to revisit the story...

Thanks again.
Here is another link which I like. My favorite is the bit about Merlyn and Jesus meeting. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.druidry.org/modules.php?op=m ... age_id=103

- Thoreau

Angeliis

Post by Angeliis » 29 Jul 2009, 03:29

Michael C. Page wrote: Here is another link which I like. My favorite is the bit about Merlyn and Jesus meeting. I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you for the links ! My early growing up years were spent sitting at the knee of my beloved grandmother as she told me Bible stories and sang hymns. Today my spirituality revolves around the belief that God Spirit is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow - always was and always will be - and in that belief my interest in Druidry is where I feel at home.

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Post by Michael C. Page » 29 Jul 2009, 13:46

Angeliis wrote:
Michael C. Page wrote: Here is another link which I like. My favorite is the bit about Merlyn and Jesus meeting. I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you for the links ! My early growing up years were spent sitting at the knee of my beloved grandmother as she told me Bible stories and sang hymns. Today my spirituality revolves around the belief that God Spirit is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow - always was and always will be - and in that belief my interest in Druidry is where I feel at home.
Oh you're very welcome. :D Many Blessings on your journey Angeliis and if you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Yours from a gentle rain - Michael :shake:

- Thoreau

spiritgal

Post by spiritgal » 09 Sep 2009, 21:36

I was a little lost as well, can you ad me as well. I have been working on incorporating what I have been learning the last couple of years with my Shaman and Druidry has opened the door even wider to my Chrisitan tradtion. So Thank you
Blessings

Selene
OBOD Druid

Post by Selene » 21 Sep 2009, 16:13

Hi, Spiritgal,

Sorry I didn't see your post until now. To join the usergroup, you'll need to either apply through the Usergroups tab in your User Control Panel, or by sending a PM with your request to Katsu or Seeker. They don't monitor this thread for new requests.

Blessings,
Selene
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making a few more."

Owlchant

Post by Owlchant » 19 Nov 2009, 15:18

Can I have access too?

I'm Italian and I'm really close to both the path...and I find this path mix together in the life and word of St. Francis. He called the fire "brother" ad the other element of nature, he loved finding God alone in the forest and so I see him like a special type of Druid in the Catholic Church.

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Post by Michael C. Page » 19 Nov 2009, 19:53

Owlchant wrote:Can I have access too?

I'm Italian and I'm really close to both the path...and I find this path mix together in the life and word of St. Francis. He called the fire "brother" ad the other element of nature, he loved finding God alone in the forest and so I see him like a special type of Druid in the Catholic Church.
Hello again Owlchant. :) In case you did not get my first message, all you have to do is PM Katsu, Seeker, or Katlady to enter the Christian Druid forum.

Yours in the Grove - Mike :shake:

- Thoreau

Parsifal

Post by Parsifal » 19 Dec 2009, 03:05

The only man that has become a god, and was intended to become a god, is, if the evidence is read right, Lindow Man. His sacrifice is proven. But still I think believing in a man becoming or being god, which is the essence of christianity, is very contradictery to Druidry, as it leads to thinking that godishness is somehow related to man only. The all-holiness of plants, trees, animals, other than that they are created by god, is alien to monotheistic, christian thought. And the essence of Druidry seems to me to be the holiness of plants, trees and animals. The horror began when we set them apart from human life.

Nameless

Post by Nameless » 27 Dec 2009, 00:59

As I am a Christian that are both intrigued and inspired by certain aspects of druidism, I too would love to be added to the sub-forum in question.

Selene
OBOD Druid

Post by Selene » 27 Dec 2009, 02:21

Just a reminder to any who are interested in joining the group that this thread is not monitored for admission requests. To join the Druid Christian usergroup, you'll need to either apply using the Usergroups tab in your User Control Panel, or by sending a PM with your request to Katsu or Seeker.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making a few more."

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Post by Seeker » 27 Dec 2009, 13:15

Nameless...you are all set.
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought."
Matsuo Basho

Rhiannon56

Post by Rhiannon56 » 27 Jan 2010, 14:38

I'm curious about this path. I was raised Catholic, went to Wicca, swung to Gnosticism. I feel most comfortable walking the Gnostic-Wiccan path but want to add Druidism as well. Religions fascinate me and the more I learn the more tolerant I become of every religion. I live in a town surrounding by forests and waterways. I feel most comfortable in summer walking to the natural spring and wonder how Druidery and Shamanism work together. So I'd like to learn both.

Has anyone read by Oak, Ash, and Thorn by DJ Conway. She's a wonderful woman by the way. :)
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

Return to “Discuss Druidry”