The Christian-Druid Path

This forum is for discussing all aspects of Druidry as a spiritual path.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Locked
Bartholomew

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Bartholomew » 22 Feb 2011, 10:12

Thank you for this. I will haveto start studying the Bible again, I tend to read other things, books, gospels that were not included in the Bible.
I may stop reading everything for the time being and just meditate. Religion tears your soul to pieces and makes things very difficult when there really is no need for any difficulty.

St Peter had the stranglehold on the church and Sophia cries through the centuries, "Not in my name"

User avatar
Tynan Elder Oak
OBOD Druid
Posts: 736
Joined: 04 Feb 2006, 21:25
Gender: Female
Location: Warwickshire UK
Contact:

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Tynan Elder Oak » 22 Feb 2011, 21:35

No problem... I love it.

i think you will find that although St Peter is called the rock it is Paul and his doctrines that have a strangle hold! I don't think I would like Paul today if I met him lol. :)

whitehorse
Posts: 12
Joined: 18 Jul 2009, 21:11
Gender: Male
Location: Siluria, Cymru (turn left at the gnarled beech tree)
Contact:

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by whitehorse » 24 Mar 2011, 21:31

Kima wrote: I had an Evangelical upbringing
Me too, in a family of evangelicals :roll: . Now i'm enjoying rehab. If you've got issues, I've got the tissues...
seriously though, any time you want to compare notes just say :)

Marieke
OBOD Bard
Posts: 8
Joined: 08 Apr 2011, 19:25
Gender: Female
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Marieke » 08 Apr 2011, 19:49

I’m a little lost here…I’m brand new, the main reason for signing up to the message boards is that I feel very drawn to druidism, but need to figure out how to reconcile this with Christianity. Reading what others have to say about this would really help. Do I still have to message someone to get access to the subforum? The original post was quite a few years back, so I’m not sure… :)

User avatar
Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Posts: 4502
Joined: 02 Feb 2007, 21:10
Gender: Male
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Michael C. Page » 08 Apr 2011, 20:27

Marieke wrote:I’m a little lost here…I’m brand new, the main reason for signing up to the message boards is that I feel very drawn to druidism, but need to figure out how to reconcile this with Christianity. Reading what others have to say about this would really help. Do I still have to message someone to get access to the subforum? The original post was quite a few years back, so I’m not sure… :)
Hi again Marieke :hiya: here is a link from the website which may help: http://www.druidry.org/modules.php?op=m ... age_id=103

There is also a Christian/Druid Forum you can sign up for - Just PM Katsu or Art. |-)

Cheery Pip - Michael :shake:
Image

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

Marieke
OBOD Bard
Posts: 8
Joined: 08 Apr 2011, 19:25
Gender: Female
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Marieke » 09 Apr 2011, 10:41

Thank you :)

User avatar
Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Posts: 4502
Joined: 02 Feb 2007, 21:10
Gender: Male
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Michael C. Page » 09 Apr 2011, 14:24

Marieke wrote:Thank you :)
You're welcome by golly. :)
Image

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

User avatar
WrenWyrd
OBOD Ovate
Posts: 386
Joined: 18 Jun 2010, 15:14
Gender: Not Specified
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by WrenWyrd » 10 Apr 2011, 10:23

whitehorse wrote:
Kima wrote: I had an Evangelical upbringing
Me too, in a family of evangelicals :roll: . Now i'm enjoying rehab. If you've got issues, I've got the tissues...
seriously though, any time you want to compare notes just say :)
Could be fun! I too have developed antibodies although you never actually get rid of the virus :-)
Hedge-bandit, song-bomb, dart-beak, the wren
hops in the thicket, flirt-eye; shy, brave,
grubbing, winter's scamp, but more than itself–
ten requisite grams of the world's weight.

—Carol Ann Duffy

User avatar
Bart
OBOD Ovate
Posts: 267
Joined: 06 Mar 2011, 19:01
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Bart » 22 Apr 2011, 18:41

I would like to join the forum on christian Druidry

User avatar
Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Posts: 4502
Joined: 02 Feb 2007, 21:10
Gender: Male
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Michael C. Page » 23 Apr 2011, 19:23

Bart wrote:I would like to join the forum on christian Druidry
Hey Bart :hiya: Just PM either Katsu, Art or Selene.
Image

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

User avatar
Bart
OBOD Ovate
Posts: 267
Joined: 06 Mar 2011, 19:01
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Bart » 23 Apr 2011, 21:06

Thank you

User avatar
Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Posts: 4502
Joined: 02 Feb 2007, 21:10
Gender: Male
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Michael C. Page » 24 Apr 2011, 17:41

Bart wrote:Thank you
You're welcome. :)
Image

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

User avatar
Nightwolf
Posts: 9
Joined: 25 May 2011, 00:43
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Nightwolf » 25 May 2011, 02:17

there was a reason Jesus went to the garden to pray.

Muddy Fox

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Muddy Fox » 25 May 2011, 10:00

Just out of curiosity and because of the broad range of belief and experience of members here, I was wondering if anybody has any experience/knowledge/know how, on how to formally defect from The Roman Catholic Church? I don't mean just not turning up for Mass and doing your own thing but a written declaration of withdrawal of personal details and membership on the grounds of disagreement with the Church and it's doctrines.
Thinking about this lately, I thought if everybody who had left the church or who were baptised but not church goers at all, did this, it would greatly alter the membership numbers that the Roman Catholic Church makes claim to.
All of my maternal family would fall into this category, I may go and have a word.

User avatar
Mountainheart
OBOD Bard
Posts: 385
Joined: 24 Nov 2008, 22:26
Gender: Male
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Mountainheart » 25 May 2011, 11:00

Nightwolf wrote:there was a reason Jesus went to the garden to pray.
and into the hills...

User avatar
Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Posts: 4502
Joined: 02 Feb 2007, 21:10
Gender: Male
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Michael C. Page » 25 May 2011, 13:38

Angelique11 wrote:Just out of curiosity and because of the broad range of belief and experience of members here, I was wondering if anybody has any experience/knowledge/know how, on how to formally defect from The Roman Catholic Church? I don't mean just not turning up for Mass and doing your own thing but a written declaration of withdrawal of personal details and membership on the grounds of disagreement with the Church and it's doctrines.
Thinking about this lately, I thought if everybody who had left the church or who were baptised but not church goers at all, did this, it would greatly alter the membership numbers that the Roman Catholic Church makes claim to.
All of my maternal family would fall into this category, I may go and have a word.
Just write the letter to the local Bishop for a start. Do you know which diocese you belong to?
Image

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

User avatar
Bart
OBOD Ovate
Posts: 267
Joined: 06 Mar 2011, 19:01
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Bart » 25 May 2011, 13:58

Michael C. Page wrote:
Angelique11 wrote:Just out of curiosity and because of the broad range of belief and experience of members here, I was wondering if anybody has any experience/knowledge/know how, on how to formally defect from The Roman Catholic Church? I don't mean just not turning up for Mass and doing your own thing but a written declaration of withdrawal of personal details and membership on the grounds of disagreement with the Church and it's doctrines.
Thinking about this lately, I thought if everybody who had left the church or who were baptised but not church goers at all, did this, it would greatly alter the membership numbers that the Roman Catholic Church makes claim to.
All of my maternal family would fall into this category, I may go and have a word.
Just write the letter to the local Bishop for a start. Do you know which diocese you belong to?
Won't work. The official standpoint is that you cannot opt out. There is legal precedents allready, but the vatican would not let go.

User avatar
Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Posts: 4502
Joined: 02 Feb 2007, 21:10
Gender: Male
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Michael C. Page » 25 May 2011, 14:46

Bart wrote:
Michael C. Page wrote:
Angelique11 wrote:Just out of curiosity and because of the broad range of belief and experience of members here, I was wondering if anybody has any experience/knowledge/know how, on how to formally defect from The Roman Catholic Church? I don't mean just not turning up for Mass and doing your own thing but a written declaration of withdrawal of personal details and membership on the grounds of disagreement with the Church and it's doctrines.
Thinking about this lately, I thought if everybody who had left the church or who were baptised but not church goers at all, did this, it would greatly alter the membership numbers that the Roman Catholic Church makes claim to.
All of my maternal family would fall into this category, I may go and have a word.
Just write the letter to the local Bishop for a start. Do you know which diocese you belong to?
Won't work. The official standpoint is that you cannot opt out. There is legal precedents allready, but the vatican would not let go.
Ah, while what you are saying is true, it is only true regarding the RC’s interpretation of their Cannon Law. However, this is just the RC’s way of putting on the proverbial blinders or sticking their head in the sand in my opinion. When a person does leave any given institution a person has a right to formally break ties at least on his or her part. The fact that the RC can say they can legally turn a blind eye and ignore that persons actions and feelings is just simply, not only, just irresponsible on the part of the Church, but is also in conflict with one of the basic principles set by their founder (i.e. the shepherd and the flock).

Go ahead and write the letter Angelique. Heck, hand deliver it if you want to. The Church can only keep their head in the sand so long before they have to wake up to the reality.

Bright Blessings on the journey ahead – Mike :shake:
Image

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

Muddy Fox

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Muddy Fox » 25 May 2011, 15:57

Thank you Mike. I like to mull these things over beforehand and get a few viewpoints. I'm learning from past experience not to rush in where fools fear to tread, or something like that.
Canon Law, a law all unto itself. But what about human rights and data protection? The Roman Catholic church is an Institution in this modern day world of ours and not beyond the law of the land. Although they have only just seemed to realise that, not mentioning anything specifically. If the church fails to act according to an individuals rights regarding faith and membership of that particular Church would it not class as abuse of human rights?
We are not in the dark ages anymore and I do know which Diocese I belong to and I have hand delivered a letter to a Bishop before (protesting against the churches viewpoint on homosexuality, I did lot of research for that) and a fat lot of good that did.
The other thing I will do is discuss this with my mother and siblings and see if they will agree to put a group letter together to remove all of us.

User avatar
Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Posts: 4502
Joined: 02 Feb 2007, 21:10
Gender: Male
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Post by Michael C. Page » 25 May 2011, 16:43

Angelique11 wrote:Thank you Mike. I like to mull these things over beforehand and get a few viewpoints. I'm learning from past experience not to rush in where fools fear to tread, or something like that.
Canon Law, a law all unto itself. But what about human rights and data protection? The Roman Catholic church is an Institution in this modern day world of ours and not beyond the law of the land. Although they have only just seemed to realise that, not mentioning anything specifically. If the church fails to act according to an individuals rights regarding faith and membership of that particular Church would it not class as abuse of human rights?
We are not in the dark ages anymore and I do know which Diocese I belong to and I have hand delivered a letter to a Bishop before (protesting against the churches viewpoint on homosexuality, I did lot of research for that) and a fat lot of good that did.
The other thing I will do is discuss this with my mother and siblings and see if they will agree to put a group letter together to remove all of us.
I have a friend who is having the same issue with the LCMS (Lutheran Church Missouri Synod). The tide of change eh?

Good Luck and Blessings - Mike
Image

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

Locked

Return to “Discuss Druidry”