OBOD Awen Pendant

This forum is for discussing all aspects of Druidry as a spiritual path.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Twig
OBOD Bard

Re: OBOD Awen Pendant

Post by Twig » 02 Oct 2007, 06:57

The oak will be my choice as well, but since I have become silver-haired, I am wearing more silver jewelry these days. Things gotta match if you have OCD!
"...some part of me is tree." -- Stephanie Kaza (Buddhist author)

"It takes courage to live ordinary lives." -- Connie Schultz (newspaper columnist)

:awen: :terra: :seasons:

http://www.elephants.com

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Post by Donata » 02 Oct 2007, 19:00

Hmmm - I wonder if Siusie would consider silver plating her design? Or could you do that?

Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 03 Oct 2007, 03:37

Kernos wrote:...My favorite pendent which is just a disk of slightly convex silver was made over a decade ago and about 1.5 cm in diameter...
Here's mine with gold plating:
Gold Awen sm.jpg
Gold Awen sm.jpg (8.55 KiB) Viewed 5373 times
Donata wrote:Hmmm - I wonder if Siusie would consider silver plating her design? Or could you do that?

Donata
Good question! I don't have a clue. :blink:

:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Twig
OBOD Bard

Post by Twig » 03 Oct 2007, 06:00

Ooooh, Dryadia -- that is a stunning piece of jewelry! I bet you get lots of compliments.

"It takes courage to live ordinary lives." -- Connie Schultz (newspaper columnist)

Siusaidh
OBOD Ovate

Post by Siusaidh » 03 Oct 2007, 15:08

Hello Folks,
I have no idea why my Woodland Awen Pendants are not still in the Marketplace?? But they are still available, I have had them commissioned as a no profit sale, for the Druid Community World Wide and they have gone all over the World. One is about to fly out to someone currently in a hot sandy war zone!! So there are serving soldiers and support personel studing Druidry and wearing our Woodland Awen Pendants.

There are two different ones, the first has a thistle on the top and rowan leaves and berries with a circle of Oak leaves. This is for anyone who connects themselves to Scotland and Scottish Druidry in some way.......its just how ever you are moved really.

The other has an Acorn at the top and Oak Leaves all around end edge.

The leaves remind you of the Grove as in a 'big' G! A World Wide Grove where knowledge and study weaves itself around the edge in the leaves of the Woodland, the place where we all wish to be, in meditation, and in celebration with nature and our Deity.

The Scottish leaves are slightly different and have the addition of Yew leaves, Rowan leaves and berries as well as Oak leaves. I'm sure you don't need me to go into the meaning of these different leave :thinking:

So if you feel you need protection of the Rowan, and insight into past lives and you feel a yearning to be in Scotland, or you have some Scottish or Celtic blood in your veins....then maybe the Scottish Woodland Awen is for you.

Have a look in: http://www.Cluthas-Cave.com and you will find all the photo's you are looking for, including all the Green Man items and Goddess.

Enjoy, and I'll better go and re-order some more Awen's then :grin:

Bright Blessings,
Siusaidh

Siusaidh
OBOD Ovate

Post by Siusaidh » 03 Oct 2007, 15:15

Donata wrote:Hmmm - I wonder if Siusie would consider silver plating her design? Or could you do that?

Donata
Yes! The craftsman can now plate items and make them gold coloured. I have asked in the past about silver plating and I think this can be done now. I'll get back in touch with him and ask him how much and how big an order we would need.

You can actually wash them with soapy water and polish them and they will come up much lighter, they have been darkened with a paste that is used to polish.

BB
Siusaidh

Siusaidh
OBOD Ovate

Post by Siusaidh » 03 Oct 2007, 15:22

Twig wrote:Good question. That makes two of us who would like to know the answer, Morchid.

Ooooh, lust, lust, lust! I must save, save, save...
You could pick up a book on trees and leaves and then see what you are drawn to?

I have a Druidcraft Woodland Pentacle and loved it so much I went ahead with the Awen idea to start with for Scottish Druids.

Its.....touchy... feely....you can close your eyes and feel the leaves which takes you in your mind to your Grove.

I'm a very touchy...feely women :hug:

Siusaidh

Selene
OBOD Druid

Post by Selene » 03 Oct 2007, 17:31

Siusaidh wrote:I have no idea why my Woodland Awen Pendants are not still in the Marketplace??
Hi, Siusaidh,

The Marketplace is self-pruning. This is from the announcement at the top of the forum:
Posts will be auto-pruned after 90 days. Sellers should update their postings periodically and delete any that are for products that are no longer available.
Maybe that's too frequently, but I was hoping that people would freshen their posts regularly and keep things current. If you'll just re-post your announcement for your Woodland Awen pendants, I'm sure a lot of people would love to see and order them.

And I'll change the frequency at which the Marketplace prunes itself to every 6 months...maybe that'll make it easier to keep up with.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making a few more."

Siusaidh
OBOD Ovate

Post by Siusaidh » 03 Oct 2007, 18:25

Selene wrote:
Siusaidh wrote:I have no idea why my Woodland Awen Pendants are not still in the Marketplace??
Hi, Siusaidh,

The Marketplace is self-pruning. This is from the announcement at the top of the forum:
Posts will be auto-pruned after 90 days. Sellers should update their postings periodically and delete any that are for products that are no longer available.
Maybe that's too frequently, but I was hoping that people would freshen their posts regularly and keep things current. If you'll just re-post your announcement for your Woodland Awen pendants, I'm sure a lot of people would love to see and order them.

And I'll change the frequency at which the Marketplace prunes itself to every 6 months...maybe that'll make it easier to keep up with.
There's a problem there, I don't have the original post, I had no idea it had to be re-added so often, it means I shall have to sit down and redo something:-(

BB
Siusaidh

katsu
OBOD Druid

Post by katsu » 03 Oct 2007, 19:36

After I had bought it myself, I gave them also to the members of my Seedgroup.They never take them off if they can be help it. So on behalf of them (and again from me), :hug:

Siusaidh
OBOD Ovate

Post by Siusaidh » 03 Oct 2007, 20:48

katsu wrote:After I had bought it myself, I gave them also to the members of my Seedgroup.They never take them off if they can be help it. So on behalf of them (and again from me), :hug:
Bless you, you have really cheered me up :D

I am so glad that you like them, I am still working on the craftsman to produce little charm sizes we can hand on the end of the meditation and prayer beads.....one day it will happen.

Bright Blessings,
Siusaidh

http://www.Cluthas-Cave.com
http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/cluthas-cave

Selene
OBOD Druid

Post by Selene » 03 Oct 2007, 21:04

Siusaidh wrote:I am still working on the craftsman to produce little charm sizes we can hand on the end of the meditation and prayer beads.....one day it will happen.
Oh, those sound wonderful! Please let us know when you get them!
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making a few more."

fedelmia

Post by fedelmia » 04 Oct 2007, 01:14

wow! i've been thinking of awen jewelry lately and wanting to find SOMEthing! i'm drawn to both of the Siusaidh's pendants!
hard choice! ya, i know, i could always get both.....

the plain awen designs are very nice but i'm partial to leaf designs so they're what i would be more inclined to get.
gotta sell more pottery....

~fedelmia :o
"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note."
~Doug Floyd

Morchid
OBOD Bard

Post by Morchid » 04 Oct 2007, 15:44

I've gone for the Scottish pendant, although I'm not Scottish, it just looked different. Is that ok?
"Trees grew ring upon ring, tall & strong in forests primeval. Their roots & leaves sheltered eons of gods & beasts... And then came man."
http://www.myspace.com/big_fruit

Twig
OBOD Bard

Post by Twig » 05 Oct 2007, 06:28

Love your new avatar, fedelmia! Oh, yeah -- go for both! You never know what mood you'll be in on any given day.

Morchid -- I don't think it matters one bit! You can be an honorary Scot if it makes you feel better, but I think what you put on your body is a matter of what sings to you!

Marrek

Post by Marrek » 07 Oct 2007, 14:54

Dryadia, may I inquire as to where you purchased that pendant? It's perfect; simplistic in form. Perhaps they have it in pewter or silver?

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 07 Oct 2007, 17:04

The simple Awen pendant is no longer available, and the person who I purchased it from, kinda disappeared. I bought it over 10 years ago. :shrug:
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Morchid
OBOD Bard

Post by Morchid » 07 Oct 2007, 17:06

I bought a pendant last week, but there's a postal strike until next Tuesday, and then theres another at the end of the week :'( I hope i get it by the weekend!
"Trees grew ring upon ring, tall & strong in forests primeval. Their roots & leaves sheltered eons of gods & beasts... And then came man."
http://www.myspace.com/big_fruit

goblinslayer

Post by goblinslayer » 07 Oct 2007, 18:58

I found some really nice Awen Pendents

http://www.heptangle.com/shop/product.p ... bestseller
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

Moonrising
OBOD Bard

Post by Moonrising » 14 Oct 2007, 18:27

Moonrising

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well, I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes."
Walt Whitman

Return to “Discuss Druidry”