strange experiences

This forum is for discussing all aspects of Druidry as a spiritual path.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
druidinthemist

strange experiences

Post by druidinthemist » 18 May 2014, 13:40

i have been gifted a place to share my druidic experiences. i know they have sounded strange. spiritual experiences, or spirit interaction is very much foreign to our 'normal' days. we get up, go to work, come home, watch a little television and go to bed. when you have a major spiritual event, this throws your belief system into chaos--some people aren't ready for this impact. i have always felt as if i have one leg in the spirit world and the other marching to the mundane. the most difficult aspect of a visitation of the spiritual is interpreting what the message is and how does this impact on my day and fits in with my other otherworldly experiences. when i had my world shattered in 2003, it came to me and i spoke of my present status as 'i am a druid, and i come bearing the Christ'. i believe in the mystical, spirit man, Jesus. I believe he was possessed by the Christ Spirit--the Spirit of Truth. but i do not see myself as catholic or any other religion. i am as much a Taoist as i am a Buddhist. yet I was visited by the Spirit of Truth. Perhaps this is because i made truth my one and only goal. i spoke truth, i dissected my daily world (stopped the world--Carlos Castaneda)and cut from it what i saw as contrary to the truth. People believe in many things--many untruths, but fear letting go of them because they are so much a part of the world we were given as children and reinforced throughout our lives. I took a page out of DesCartes and started from nothing, building by carefully selecting only those bricks molded from truth. In doing this you are opening yourself up to a world far grander than you could ever have imagined. there are also costs to this. you will find yourself estranged from many people (who live on falsehoods) in your life. but Truth must be the goal and all else pushed to the wayside.

I do not fear the spiritual (spirits) because i have done my groundwork. with the spirits as my guide i trust that i will not be led too far off my destined path.

druidinthemist

Re: strange experiences

Post by druidinthemist » 12 Jun 2014, 10:41

After i got injured and went through the process of finding a healer i met a man i hadn't seen in well over ten years. we worked together at a paper mill. it was great to see a familiar face. he wanted to know everything that had gone on with the doctors as he lost his wife to cancer recently and he blamed the doctors for moving too slow and not caring about her terminal illness. he was obviously distraught. he said he watched her deteriorate over the months and was powerless to do anything about it. my heart broke for him. i drove out to the country where he lived. we were going to go fishing. when i entered his house he handed me something wrapped in white paper. i opened it and found a carving of a man bent over with a ball cap, beard, and cane. he said he began carving it a week or so ago. it resembled me to a tee. i now keep it in a curio cabinet and take it down once in a while to feel the chisel marks.

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Post by DaRC » 12 Jun 2014, 10:59

found a carving of a man bent over with a ball cap, beard, and cane.
Your description reminds me of a wood carving of Shou Xing that my parents had
http://www.chinaculture.org/gb/en_china ... 2038_3.htm
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

druidinthemist

the christ

Post by druidinthemist » 23 Jun 2014, 13:48

as i have stated on another posting, that interpretation can be very difficult. i was visited by the Christ spirit of Truth when i went through my awakening. this was my translation of what happened. it is my interpretation. it is my truth. am i correct, i don't know. when my cousin went through his awakening he too had a Christ experience. however given his lack of eductation, reading, writing, he did not have the tools to expand upon the visitation and was left thinking he was Jesus. the spirits ravished my cousin and he was left a psychological, philosophical mess. he will never return to druidry and will remain sick for the duration of his life.

druidinthemist

Re: laughter

Post by druidinthemist » 23 Jun 2014, 19:11

just came back from my mothers. we can talk for hours. this time however i tried to broaden her mind with some of my experiences. whenever i commented on a person (usually a woman) from our past mentioning that i was somehow special she would shrug it off. she asked a few questions and i told her of my transformation into a crow she started laughing. at least fifty people in town have had direct interaction with me or were told in no uncertain terms about me. i don't know why it is important to me to have them understand but it is. if i were to transform in front of them they would probably have a heart attack so perhaps it is meant to be. i remain, living with a secret. i will let the spirits decide who should have such knowledge of me.

druidinthemist

Post by druidinthemist » 26 Jun 2014, 11:37

that llast posting shows my frustration and feeble attempts to bring someone in my life into my experience. i should know better by now. i have always become enraged when laughed at. i met a wicca woman and she put it as plainly as possible. i don't have the right people in my life. and never have. someone else here gave me great advice which i am learning to be imperative--don't discuss that part of my life with others who don't understand or give a damn. thanks to this website for allowing me to sort things out and find my way.

druidinthemist

Re: leprechaun?

Post by druidinthemist » 02 Jul 2014, 13:16

wheni was at the height of my distress caught between the truth and the lies of my old employer, i had a rather interesting event occur. it seemed i was being swamped by their un-truth and ganged up on by ex-friends who had sold my past to the powers against me for a pittance. i sat on my front step under the glow of the yellow light. i stepped down to the bottom platform and felt myself transform. i felt shorter and stalkier and bent forward. my face, which i could not see, seemed old, ancient and sagged with a thick grimace. i began to dance in a circle counter-clockwise while humming and laughing a sinister laugh. it came to me that i was doing the dance of the reversal of fortune. the dance complete i sat back up on the stairs and returned to normal. a week or so later the tables were turned. the workplace insurance got a report on the condition of the yard and several of my personal reportings to them rang true. things were turning around in my favour. their case soon collapsed under its lies and workers insurance took everything t hey said afterwards with a grain of salt. the little man has never returned.

Return to “Discuss Druidry”